Feature - Implemented Add tracked daily familiar events (drops, combats, etc) to proxy records

zarqon

Continuing on what is evidently my crusade to move basically all available information about KoL into proxy records, I think it would be excellent if familiar daily-limited events were available in proxy records.

The feature I'm requesting: add a "dailies" field to familiars, so we could check which daily drops (or combats for hipsters, or whatever new mechanic comes along that is important enough for mafia to track) had happened today simply and without needing to use property names which are unique per familiar. Things like

if ($familiar[green pixie].dailies < 5) use_familiar($familiar[green pixie]);

would be nifty.

The extra bonus I'm also suggesting: also add a "maxdailies" field, containing the maximum number of daily events possible for the given familiar. Then we could do exciting things like:

foreach f in $familiars[] if (have_familiar() && f.dailies < f.maxdailies) return use_familiar(f);

I suspect mafia knows that number somewhere for range-checking when incrementing the properties.

I doubt this will make it high on any dev's list of things to do, but I'm throwing it out there as part of my comprehensive Proxy Record Migration Package.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The extra bonus I'm also suggesting: also add a "maxdailies" field, containing the maximum number of daily events possible for the given familiar. Then we could do exciting things like:

foreach f in $familiars[] if (have_familiar() && f.dailies < f.maxdailies) return use_familiar(f);

I suspect mafia knows that number somewhere for range-checking when incrementing the properties.
Looking at ResultProcessor.java, I don't think mafia tracks the maximum for those preferences. They're just a hard-coded string as part of what is displayed in the charpane/mafia familiar stuff.

xKiv

BTW, boots could technically track *three* numbers (runaways, stomps and charges toward the next stomp).

zarqon

Familiar charges don't fit the criteria of "daily-limited" -- in fact, they carry over to the following day. But adding a "charges" field for familiars is a good idea for another "properties => proxy record field" feature request.

For familiars with more than one daily-limited tracked event, we can just go with whichever one is likely to be accessed the most. Or, we could even use the sum total of all possible dailies. The point is that even if scripters have to reference the appropriate properties for the few additional dailies not included in proxy records, it would still be a sight handier to work with than the current situation, where the property names can't be derived programmatically.

Bale

Minion
Heh. It's been 4 years since he made the request, but perhaps zarqon will have time to finally add this to bestBetweenBattle.