Bug Relay browser hangs when click on "countine in the relay browser" in combat

stannius

Intermittent and hard to reproduce, but this is what I've got:

I was running slime.ash, ran out of MP in combat:
cli output said:
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Covered in slime, adventuring normally in the tube!
Adventure 14 out of 52

Round 5: stannius executes a macro!

[1465] The Slime Tube
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is round 5
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Covered in slime, adventuring normally in the tube!
Adventure 15 out of 52

Round 6: stannius executes a macro!
The above lines repeat for a while; not particularly unexpected.

The bug is: I held down escape to abort the script. Then I clicked on the link. The relay browser launches, but never finishes loading.

This is not just a slime.ash issue AFAIK. I have seen it other times. I am auto-adventuring, hit an abort, but when I click on the link, the relay browser doesn't load. The only way I've found to fix it is to exit mafia and restart. (The good news is, y'all have made great strides in mafia dealing well with logging in in the middle of combat.) I just checked, I can also change my battleAction and "adventure 1 noob cave" or whatnot, though I might get beaten up depending.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm not merging this. There is additional information in that thread, but I've thought for a long time that the many individual symptoms referred to in that omnibus thread may need their own more focused threads to discuss.

Maybe if we break down the problem in this way, we'll finally discover an answer.

Theraze

Well, if you're having that problem, since it isn't getting merged in there, should probably put the workaround here... launch the mini-browser. You may have to manually visit fight.php, but it should let you complete the fight without needing to completely exit mafia and restart.

Bale

Minion
I'm no longer able to reproduce this bug. I believe it was fixed by one the many changes a few weeks ago. I suspect 9752, 9755 or 9760, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone else still reproduce this or can it be marked as fixed?

Theraze

I still had this happen yesterday when fighting bosses. It may happen in other cases as well. The mini-browser still works, the full browser still loads a blank main-pane.