alternative buffbot?

kotinka

Hi,

apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area, getting to know the forum. I wondered if there's a way to get KOLmafia to buff from a different buffbot than the ones in the list. I use Buffy (http://kol.obeliks.de/buffbot/buff) & am currently doing this manually. I like it because you get a reasonable daily allowance without spending meat. This is great for a beginner player as i'm not in the big bucks yet.

Thanks

k

Winterbay

The buffbot in question needs to have an public XML-file that Mafia can read, if it doesn't it won't be addable to Maffia. Also, it's probably better if the buffbot author requests the addition rather than a user, but that may be just me :)

The buffbot in question needs to have an public XML-file that Mafia can read, if it doesn't it won't be addable to Maffia. Also, it's probably better if the buffbot author requests the addition rather than a user, but that may be just me :)

I think it would require more than than, does mafia have any support for pm-driven buffbots? Even with an xml file, mafia would have to be changed to use that instead of kmailing meat.

Winterbay

I think it would require more than than, does mafia have any support for pm-driven buffbots? Even with an xml file, mafia would have to be changed to use that instead of kmailing meat.

That may very well be true. I did not look at the method of requisition :)

kotinka

Thanks all for the info, sounds like it'd be tricky & not worth the hassle. I'll have a look at Mystic Buff.

Cheers!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Mystic buff goes offline every so often at least as far as accessing it via the relay script is concerned.

Isvarka

I've been using Buffy via kmails for months now on my aftercore multi. Its just a matter of kmailing the buff and the amount of turns you want (or the list of buffs), rather than kmailing an amount of meat.

This is what I have in my daily script for that multi:
Code:
kmail("Buffy", "300 Ghostly Shell\n300 Reptilian Fortitude\n300 Empathy of the Newt\n300 Astral Shell\n300 Jingle Bells\n300 Elemental Saucesphere\n300 Jalapeño Saucesphere\n300 Jabañero Saucesphere\n300 Scarysauce\n300 Polka of Plenty\n300 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric\n300 Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance\n300 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation", 0);