Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
Why did you leave a vestigial bakeTracker() in the main program?

Code:
// Tracker brick created by ckb
void bakeTracker() {
	buffer result = buildTracker(imagePath);

if(length(result) > 184) { // 184 is the size of an empty table
		chitBricks["tracker"] = result;
		chitTools["tracker"] = "Tracker|tracker.png";
	}

}

It seems you could have just moved that to chit_brickTracker, but I assume you had a reason? Though I see why you would have made it bakeTracker(imagePath).

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Thinking a little bit more, if I am going to move other bricks out into their own files, I'd be wise to make a chit_global.ash which holds all the global variables and globally used functions for other bricks to make us of.

Edit: I just did that. Enjoy.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Why did you leave a vestigial bakeTracker() in the main program?

chitBricks[] and chitTools[] are global variables unavailable to the imported chit_brickTracker (also the reason I had to pass imagePath). I thought a function that returned the whole brick buffer result was the cleanest way to hand this.
Now with the new global relocation, this is not so necessary... but maybe good for now to keep all the baked bricks visible in charpane.ash

Last edited:
I am observing that the reported functionality of the "The Source" link appears to only be half-working. Regardless of my enlightenment status, it only ever takes me to The Oracle.

Bale

Minion
That is correct. That is what I said.

Click on your enlightenment points if you want to spend them at the phone.

The name of your path "The Source" is a link to the Oracle. When you have Enlightenment it is a link to the telephone in the manor.

I took that to mean that the only link was the path name. I did not realize you meant to refer to an additional link. It made sense to me that you would not need to be able to go to the oracle if you had enlightenment to spend, and that you would not need to go to the phone if you didn't have enlightenment to spend.

Magus_Prime

Three cheers for release notes!

Thank you for the new currency tracking option. For the sake of being all encompassing I suppose CHiT should support all currencies in this fashion but some are, probably, pointless. I'd keep it to ones that you can still earn.

Magus_Prime

I'm missing something. I can see the module in charpane.ash that enables the currency tracking but I can't figure out how to display the information in the relay browser. Am I missing a brick?

Code:
zlib chit.roof.layout = character,stats
zlib chit.stats.layout = muscle,myst,moxie|hp,mp,axel|mcd|trail,florist
zlib chit.toolbar.layout = trail,quests,modifiers,elements,organs
zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,thrall,vykea,effects,tracker,gear

Bale

Minion
I didn't put in any way to disable it. Either you see it when you hover (no clicking required) your mouse over the amount of meat, or else it isn't working.

What browser are you using? If you're using an old browser whose only failing is that it doesn't show this, then I'm not likely to struggle to support it, but I would like to know if that is the problem.

Magus_Prime

It's working properly. I didn't realize that it was a floating "tooltip" that only appeared when the mouse cursor was hovering over meat. This was a casualty of losing the release notes once they fell out of the gCLI buffer.

Is there any way to get the release notes after they vanish?

Bale

Minion
Is there any way to get the release notes after they vanish?

1. Visit the website that hosts the repository and check it there.
2. decrement and then increment the release again, I guess... (svn mafiachit dec followed by svn mafiachit inc)
3. download and install svn so that you can use that to check the repository.

Bale

Minion
Thank you for the new currency tracking option. For the sake of being all encompassing I suppose CHiT should support all currencies in this fashion but some are, probably, pointless. I'd keep it to ones that you can still earn.

Soolar just jumped back to development on this script after a long absence. He made the currency display mostly customizable. Now you can add any item to the currency display by adding it to zlib chit.currencies var. (If you don't know what I mean, copy/paste the blue text to your cli and proceed to modify the comma separated list of items.

Soolar is also doing some work on the familiar brick. So far it's all been improvements to drop tracking and moving (links) after the familiar's name down to the drop list.

Magus_Prime

I just noticed that, after using source essence to extrude goggles, the count displayed by ChIT didn't reflect the new total. I started with 102 source essence, used 100, but even after several turns and refreshes of the charpane, the ChIT still "thinks" I have 100 more than is in inventory.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just noticed that, after using source essence to extrude goggles, the count displayed by ChIT didn't reflect the new total. I started with 102 source essence, used 100, but even after several turns and refreshes of the charpane, the ChIT still "thinks" I have 100 more than is in inventory.

That's because mafia doesn't know you spent it, so it has nothing to do with this script.

Magus_Prime

Does the new support for various currencies support buffalo dimes from the L & T quests? I tried adding "buffalo dime" to the chit.currencies variable and nothing displays. All the charter currencies display as expected.

Bale

Minion
It will only appear in the list if you have at least 1. That way you can add all your aftercore currencies and not see them cluttering up the list when you are in a run.

All currencies which have actual items should be supported. That means the frat war currencies aren't supported and things like that.