Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
Oh right! I completely forgot that chit_custom.css is an existing feature for ChIT! I was thinking it was your personal fork. Were you the one who suggested that? That is a nice solution.

Bale

Minion
LoL! I replied thusly,
That's a really good idea! I'm sure you aren't the only one who'd like to do that.

At least I'm consistent. I approved of your idea all over again. I managed to forget about it because my preferences are all a part of the default css.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
By the way, Bale, you may want to remove this line from CHIT, as it duplicates new Mafia functionality:
Code:
info = myFam.fights_today + '/' + myFam.fights_limit + ' adv, ' + info + ' globes';

edit: likewise with (part of) the dropMatcher section. I think the only ones that might not be supported by this change might be bander runaways, and cheerleader steam, since everything that isn't a drop or fight is hardcoded.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I know. I'm just not sure it is really fair to make that change until a relevant build can be on our usual download site. Probably Monday.

Bale

Minion
The clan addition looks good, Bale. Thanks 8^)

Then you like the style of it and where I put it? You also like the way it reflexively appears to tell you that you've left your home clan and is otherwise invisible?

Do you think that showing only when away from home is a good default behavior? I think that a lot of people who never leave their home clan will never need to even know the function is active and that's a good thing, but people who switch clans a lot might be puzzled by the fact it disappears when they are in one of their many clans. Should I make always off to be the default?

Do you think I should make it more configurable on where it appears, or is the current spot probably perfect? (There's no current mechanism that will allow anything to be customized into that location, so I'd have to stretch if I want that to be an option for a customizable location.)

User Interface is complicated stuff and this script is 90% UI. So please understand the pile of questions for adding something so different from the rest.

Erich

Then you like the style of it and where I put it? You also like the way it reflexively appears to tell you that you've left your home clan and is otherwise invisible?

Do you think that showing only when away from home is a good default behavior? I think that a lot of people who never leave their home clan will never need to even know the function is active and that's a good thing, but people who switch clans a lot might be puzzled by the fact it disappears when they are in one of their many clans. Should I make always off to be the default?

Do you think I should make it more configurable on where it appears, or is the current spot probably perfect? (There's no current mechanism that will allow anything to be customized into that location, so I'd have to stretch if I want that to be an option for a customizable location.)

User Interface is complicated stuff and this script is 90% UI. So please understand the pile of questions for adding something so different from the rest.

I think the position and style are great where they are. It's unobtrusive, and fits with the information in that part of chit in general. I don't think it can fit anywhere else without it being... out of place, i guess.

The default thing is interesting. I actually got confused when it disappeared while I clan hopped, right before you posted, and it took me a moment to remember the convo in your relay override thread to figure it out. So it's a valid thought, as other people might not have read all that. I think it comes down to what the user knows is there:

Default all off: Average user might not know there's a function to show your clan at all, so it would more likely get ignored entirely
Default all but home clan: It might be confusing at times, like was said. Also, how is the home clan initially determined? Last clan slept in? If it's automatically set at first, it might not be where the user actually considers home, so to speak.
Default all on: Kind of like what you said about it being off in a home clan but in the other direction, I think an average user will see it there and think it's a nice addition. Since it's visually a very small addition, if you don't change clans at all or would otherwise ignore it anyway, it'll blend in. To give an example, I removed the mood button because I don't use it, but if I didn't know how or didn't care to change it, by now I wouldn't even realize it was there, you know what I mean?

So my honest opinion is that default be set to always on, with an unset home clan. I think if you're in need of the further functionality of setting a home clan and making that clan hidden when you hop, you'll know how to change the vars in the script to do so. I know I'm going to keep it set to on, because I tend to hop between using my side clan dungeon and chatting in my home clan chat, and sometimes I forget where I am and start talking to myself in /clan and oh god I'm so lonely why---

--- *hem* sorry.

I'm also interested in what the folks in the other thread's convo think about it.

Hellno

I made the change that Hellno requeted since that makes sense to me. I also did it the way that ckb desired, because it wasn't taxing and he deserves it.

I just had a different little problem, chit seems to forgot about my thrall after I finish spelunking (basically just looks like it does when you don't have one summoned). It shows like normal when I disable ChIT.

Bale

Minion

I just had a different little problem, chit seems to forgot about my thrall after I finish spelunking (basically just looks like it does when you don't have one summoned). It shows like normal when I disable ChIT.

Sounds like a mafia bug. ChIT bakes you up a thrall brick if my_thrall() is not none. It draws all your thrall stats from mafia's current information. Check the cli to see what it says to my_thall and if it says none, then that is the problem.

Erich

When you adventure as BatManilow, your charpane changes the same way it does with Spelunky. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened after the BatMag came out.

Bale

Minion
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened after the BatMag came out.

You "wouldn't be surprised"?! You mean you haven't actually verified for yourself that there is an actual issue?

Currently, ChIT checks limit_mode() and if it sees an unknown limit mode, then it will write the unaltered charpane. I don't actually know if KoLmafia has been updated to return the correct value of limit_mode() for Batfellow, but if it has then ChIT will work perfectly. I did that because I knew one day there would be another limit mode besides edunder and spelunky, so I wanted ChIT to know to avoid messing with it. As the comment in my code says, "Unknown limit mode could be dangerous" so I took precautions.

tl;dr: If there is a problem -- you haven't actually seen a problem -- the problem would be that KoLmafia need to support Batfellow.

If there is a problem, you can determine the limit mode by checking KoL's api.php?what=status&for=limit_break and report the value of "limitmode":

Bale

Minion
Sorry if that last post came off as annoyed. It is hard addressing a complaint that there is probably a problem with my script which hasn't actually been observed. It's extra hard because if that problem did exist (and it might not) it would be because KoLmafia doesn't yet support a feature.

Update to clan display. I wish someone had commented besides Erich. I'm mostly following his suggestions, except that I am making the default value to be "off" because I think most people don't want the information. (One comment isn't a lot of data.)

chit.clan.display now controls the display of the name of your current clan. By default, it is off. Valid values are:

zlib chit.clan.display = on
zlib chit.clan.display = off
zlib chit.clan.display = away

The last one returns to the previous behavior of only showing the clan name when you are away from home.

Bale

Minion
Doesn't go away, no. Are you able to give me an api link to test that?

I'd use heeheehee's suggestion to just click the refresh status button in the lower left of the KoLmafia frame since that automatically updates thrall status from the api. If you want to check the api yourself, then in your replay browser, replace game.php with api.php?what=status&for=test and look for "pastathrall".

Hellno

I see the following:

Code:
"pastathrall":"7","pastathralllevel":10

Assuming 7 stands for Spice Ghost, the API isn't at fault. Weird.

Edit: so it actually updated correctly after I clicked 'Refresh Session' under the Tools tab- apparently that does more than the button you mentioned.

Last edited: