Character Info Toolbox

Chez

Under which circumstances would this not load? I have had it happen a few times that the "normal" charpane is loaded instead of the override, reloading the charpane gives the orveridden page again. Any idea why this might be happening?
I see that too from time to time, usually when I'm adventuring quickly in the relay browser. I've also seen it happen when something puts mafia into a red state while I'm manually adventuring (like sugar items breaking, me getting beating up, etc). As to why it's happening...no idea. That's probably something that can be better answered by Veracity or Hola or someone equally clever.

Just noticed one very tiny thing: One of your bricks is called "update" but is referred to in several places as "updates" (singular vs plural).

Also, one line in charpane.ash reads "Comma-seperated list of hats to include wit a Hatrack as your current familiar" - you misspelled "with" and "separated" (the latter is misspelled elsewhere as well). Not trying to be nit-picky here, just something I wanted to pass along in case you cared.
Well spotted, and nope, I don't mind nit-picking at all. Those will all be fixed in the next version. The correct name of the brick is indeed "update" (singular)

Chez

Version 0.5 Uploaded

• Fixed more documentation errors (update vs. updates, spelling mistakes)
  • When no MCD is available (unascended characters), show only ML info
  • Add link to Hey Deze for characters in Bad Moon (untested).
So not much new in this release, but I wanted an excuse to get feedback on the "update" brick that was implemented in the previous version. :D

Winterbay

Now you had me go and add it just because. Works nicely and looks nice as well :)

Edit: Allthough I got the following interesting error:
Code:
Missing password hash
Path: "/KoLmafia/chit.css"
Missing password hash
Path: "/KoLmafia/chit.js"

Last edited:

Chez

Now you had me go and add it just because. Works nicely and looks nice as well :)

Edit: Allthough I got the following interesting error:
Code:
Missing password hash
Path: "/KoLmafia/chit.css"
Missing password hash
Path: "/KoLmafia/chit.js"
That is indeed an interesting error. ;)

I've seen this happen a couple of times (going back to version 0.1), usually after hitting a NC choice button in the relay browser that causes mafia to perform several steps. Like solving the word puzzle in the hidden temple, solving the volcano island maze, and some others that escape me now. Hitting one of the Goal buttons in the Louvre NC would probably work too.

I don't think it's my script *causing* it, although I don't know enough about the mafia internals to be sure.

Chez

Great, so we know how to reproduce the problem! Doesn't bring us any closer to a solution though.

Script-wise, the only thing I can think of is hosting the javascript and css files off-site, but I'm not keen on doing that. Filing a mafia bug report might be the way to go, but the problem seems obscure enough and infrequent enough that I'm not convinced it would be worth chasing.

Sentrion

Confirmed, updating works.

Feature requests:
  • An additional layout value which allows certain buffs to be displayed separately (identical to the "songs" value, but for different effects) - if this could be for any user-defined effect, that'd be cool, but if there needs to be a specific list, I'd vote for effects such as SR windows, other timers/counters, On the Trail, and Wanged.
  • Give us a preference over what to do when clicking on buff maintenance links (the up arrows) - for example, in aftercore, I would love to get my buffs from a bot rather than waste my own MP.

Totally trivial requests, and quite possibly too much work to be worth it, so feel free to ignore them, or put them way down on the to-do list. I'm pretty sure I can live without them.

Winterbay

Question: Sometimes my sidepane is a scrollable page and sometimes the scrollbar is only on the effects. Is this intentional or an oddity with my browser (FF5)?
When the scrollbar is on the effects only and the "recent areas visited"-list gets a bit long, such as when you visit all four parts of the haunted wine cellar (2 lines for each entry in my setup), the effects box gets so small that it only shows 1 entry at a time, which makes it hard to read...

An additional layout value which allows certain buffs to be displayed separately (identical to the "songs" value, but for different effects) - if this could be for any user-defined effect, that'd be cool, but if there needs to be a specific list, I'd vote for effects such as SR windows, other timers/counters, On the Trail, and Wanged.
I'm not sure, but I think that might be what chit.effects.usermap is for.
Question: Sometimes my sidepane is a scrollable page and sometimes the scrollbar is only on the effects. Is this intentional or an oddity with my browser (FF5)?
When the scrollbar is on the effects only and the "recent areas visited"-list gets a bit long, such as when you visit all four parts of the haunted wine cellar (2 lines for each entry in my setup), the effects box gets so small that it only shows 1 entry at a time, which makes it hard to read...
Well, by design, it tries to show the Roof, Floor, and Toolbar at all times, only scrolling the walls; I think when your roof/floor/toolbar together get too big for one screen, it makes the whole thing scrollable.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS.
Would it be too much trouble to add adventures and meat to the options for the Stats section (and likewise similar options to have them removed from the Character section, though really it wouldn't bother me too much to have them appear in both)?

Chez

bordemstirs hit the nail on the head. If vertical space is an issue you want to move bricks out of the fixed areas (roof and floor), and move them into either the walls or the toolbar. (the "trail" brick works well in the toolbar, especially if you also add the last adv link to the stats section for quick access). You can also try moving everything to the roof (leaving the walls blank).

An additional layout value which allows certain buffs to be displayed separately (identical to the "songs" value, but for different effects) - if this could be for any user-defined effect, that'd be cool, but if there needs to be a specific list, I'd vote for effects such as SR windows, other timers/counters, On the Trail, and Wanged.
If you want them displayed in a separate section, like songs and intrinsics, that's not possible at the moment. I toyed around with the idea of user-defined groups for a while, but it never quite came together. Having the effects split up into more sections and displayed out-of-order seemed more distracting than useful. I might have another look at this some time in the future, but probably not soon.

If you only want them to be styled differently (to make it easier to spot them in a list of effects), then chit_effects.txt is where you should look. You can specify custom styling for any effect there, and the effects listed there already should provide enough examples to get you started.

if chit.effects.usermap = true it will attempt to load chit_effects_yourname.txt instead. (useful if you play with multiple characters on the same PC)

Give us a preference over what to do when clicking on buff maintenance links (the up arrows) - for example, in aftercore, I would love to get my buffs from a bot rather than waste my own MP.
That's something I'm very unlikely to implement. Your best bet is to file a FR for this to be implemented in mafia itself.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS.
Would it be too much trouble to add adventures and meat to the options for the Stats section (and likewise similar options to have them removed from the Character section, though really it wouldn't bother me too much to have them appear in both)?
I'm gonna put this on the back-burner for now. It's not really something I want to do, but if enough people want the feature I'll reconsider.

roippi

Developer
Here's a "fun" little bug that I'm having issues tracking down further.

After combats with the hipster as my familiar, I'm getting an error after combats that are resolved with a macro. What error, you may ask? Well.. a different error each combat, it seems.

Code:
Round 3: roippi wins the fight!
You gain 20 Muscleboundness
You gain 32 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 64 Cheek
[trueform] does not match anything in the status effect database.

You gain 9 Strongness
You gain 7 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 29 Cheek
[ant pitchforkform] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Evaluator syntax error: can't understand fweight+1.2

Round 6: roippi wins the fight!
You gain 6 Fortitude
You gain 14 Enchantedness
You gain 26 Smarm
[ant pitchforkform] does not match anything in the status effect database.

You gain 9 Beefiness
You gain 16 Enchantedness
You gain 20 Sarcasm
Evaluator syntax error: can't understand <uparrow.png>

You gain 31 Beefiness
You gain 28 Magicalness
You gain 57 Sarcasm
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted
Evaluator syntax error: can't understand <footsteps.png>

You gain 8 Fortitude
You gain 8 Enchantedness
You gain 28 Roguishness
Look! You found 1 spangly sombrero (400µ)!
ZLib setting chit.quests.hide normalized: 'false' => 'false'

etc. etc. Sometimes this results in the charpane reverting to its un-overridden form until refreshed; sometimes one status effect gets replaced with "oops". Fun, huh? This is specific to macrofied hipster combats. I can provide more info if you need :)

roippi

Developer
Hm. I can replicate it with my mimic, too. It seems like there's some sort of interaction between combats macroified by smartstasis and chit?

Chez

Yeah, looks like some weird interaction between chit and...something. I'll have a quick look tomorrow when I'm not tired and overdrunk and out of adventures. :)

Winterbay

I've seen this happen a couple of times (going back to version 0.1), usually after hitting a NC choice button in the relay browser that causes mafia to perform several steps. Like solving the word puzzle in the hidden temple, solving the volcano island maze, and some others that escape me now. Hitting one of the Goal buttons in the Louvre NC would probably work too.

Found another one for you: Handing in all four bandmember items in Pandamonium with the Mafia link gives that effect as well :)

Chez

@Winterbray: I'm sure there are many such examples. I have no idea why mafia is expecting password hashes for files in the /relay folder. I'll file a mafia bug report and see if anyone can shed some light on it. (as soon as I think of a way to word the report that doesn't make me sound like a crazy person) ;)

@roippi: Damn, you have me stumped as well. I played some turns with the hipster and smartstasis, without being able to reproduce the bug. <footsteps.png> and <uparrow.png> aren't even used/referenced by my script, so I have no idea where that's coming from. Maybe a different script entirely?
I assume you're not getting the errors when chit is disabled?

A status effect being replaced by "oops" is something that CHIT should only do if it can't correctly parse an effect name. This may or may not be related to the hipster/smartstasis bug, I dunno. If you can figure out a way to reproduce it, I'm sure we can get to the bottom of at least that aspect of the problem.

roippi

Developer
Those .png names were edited in by me, actually; it was literally a picture of the up arrow used to increase buffs, and the little footsteps icon next to smooth movements.

As far as I can tell, it only happens when a combat finishes with a macro submitted by smartstasis. It's almost certainly a problem with a parsing boundary not being detected properly, and I'm not even sure if it's a chit bug. I'll keep trying to debug. Worse comes to worse, I'll provide a dump of the html when it happens.

Chez

I'm still not able to reproduce the bug. I'm adventuring with a L32 character in the pantry, so every combat finishes with a smartstasis macro. Haven't seen anything funny, not even once. This is my first time using smartstasis, so I'm sure my setup is a lot different than yours. Are you running any other scripts too that I can throw into the mix?