Character Info Toolbox

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There are six different "A Little Bit Evil" effects - one per char class. KoLmafia distinguishes them in its data files, but KoL displays all of them as "A Little Bit Evil". If you want to query effect duration using have_effect(), you have to use the KoLmafia name.

Code:
597	A Little Bit Evil (Seal Clubber)	skull.gif	3752badd13725a3e76aae40087a24509	use 1 seal eyeball
598	A Little Bit Evil (Turtle Tamer)	skull.gif	cb1df415b4274825c10c80a20cdfcfde	eat 1 turtle soup
599	A Little Bit Evil (Pastamancer)	skull.gif	244072381f75d26792bd945329b35b90	#any evil pasta
600	A Little Bit Evil (Sauceror)	skull.gif	6450d9bde9246da079328b6344e6ea0c	#any evil potion
601	A Little Bit Evil (Disco Bandit)	skull.gif	87edab42bf74d77afabd67fb3ceefc00	#any evil mixed drink
602	A Little Bit Evil (Accordion Thief)	skull.gif	736bcf0d80c5fdc9bcd0624e00056922	use 1 evil vihuela

Chez

Thanks! I've learned so many new things about mafia since starting this script.

I'm not querying effect durations at all, merely trying to parse and make sense of the html I get from KoL/mafia. I'll pick up some evil vihuelas tomorrow and see what the html looks like for the effect.

caphector

I was wondering when somebody was going to mention that. I usually see it after using clicking on an inline [use] link. I should have a new version up some time tomorrow that addresses that. Unless your talking about every charpane load, in which case it's something I haven't seen yet.

Every charpane load when I have the browser chat open. If I close kol chat, then it doesn't collapse. If I open chat then it does.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Every charpane load when I have the browser chat open. If I close kol chat, then it doesn't collapse. If I open chat then it does.
Someone mentioned the same thing in my charpane override thread, with it not loading properly if chat is open. That was years ago with a completely different script, and I never saw it, so I think it's going to be difficult to track down.

Chez

I'm pretty sure it can be fixed by changing the refreshSidebar function in basics.js to not use ajax to update the content of the charpane, but simply do a top.charpane.location.reload() instead. When I wrote the gCLI integration for ActiveChat a long time ago I copied some code from basics.js and cli.html, and ran into similar problems. Resolved it by bypassing refreshSidebar and just doing a normal refresh of the charpane.

As far as I recall GM scripts also doesn't trigger when using ajax to update the charpane, so maybe it's worth having another look at it.

In any case, I've re-jigged my layout a bit to at least look semi-decent when the content is updated via ajax, so hopefully it won't be as much of an issue after I upload the next version.

Chez

Version 0.4 uploaded

• Fixed a typo in 0.3 that prevented the semirare helper from popping up
  • Added "updates" brick. This adds a notification to the charpane when new versions are available. Can be included either in the toolbar or any of the other containers. (only triggers when chit.checkversion = true)
  • Quests brick now recognizes the new "This quest tracker is a work in progress" message
  • Fixed various bugs related to moods, effects and intrinsics
  • Added a "Burn extra MP" toolbar icon
  • Made layout changes so that the charpane doesn't look horrible when updated via AJAX
  • Various other small code and styling tweaks

I hope this version addresses most of the issues mentioned. I'll be in aftercore for a while to inflict more tweaking if anybody spots anything that's still not displaying correctly.

Winterbay

EHmm... No idea why this is happening but I have been getting printouts fo the following "CHIT: Compact Character Pane not supported" from time to time. During login (when looting the hermit), and intermittently during fights (when in the relay browser). I do not use the compact side pane even though I am using the compact top-menu (drop-downs instead of links).
r9755, latest CHIT.

Chez

Hmm, that's really strange, and not something I've seen before. I check for compact charpanes by looking for "Familiar:" somewhere in the source. I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but that seemed as good as anything else at the time. The fact that it only happens intermittently makes me wonder if something else is going on. Like another script/process modifying the charpane before the override is called, or my script being triggered on a non-charpane page. Both of those seem unlikely, though.

Commenting out line 3169:
Code:
 isCompact = true;
should temporarily fix it, until I can figure it out. (or until someone hits me with a clue-stick, because honestly, I'm stumped as well)

charred

i was getting the same error, wasnt using compact charpane either. commented out that line and now im getting
CHIT: Error parsing header
and in the relay browser the charpane is blank whenever it happens

Chez

OK, that's starting to sound more like it's related to this bug report, where some people have reported getting blank charpanes (which would cause both of those CHIT error messages). I'm going to assume for now that's the case, and hopefully get some more feedback once that issue is resolved.

Winterbay

Feature request: If you are in a run where you don't have access ot an MCD (i.e. a never ascended character) would it be possible to remove the link on the MCD and perhaps change it to just ML? Clicking on it now loads the charpane in the middle frame, a really huge charpane :)

Edit: Also, no longer having the odd issues with the script complaining about the compact pane thingie.

Chez

Yup, I forgot about unascended characters not having moon signs. (So it's more of a bug report than a feature request) :D
Will be all fixed up in the next version.

T_E

Is there an easy way to disable this when it starts misbehaving (besides deleting all of the files)?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there an easy way to disable this when it starts misbehaving (besides deleting all of the files)?
Rename charpane.ash to something else (like charpane2.ash, or maybe charpaneCHIT.ash if you want a reminder of what the file is).

Chez

Yup, what lost said.

Also, if the script is misbehaving, please post a bug report here. Maybe it's something I can fix for those still using the script.

Winterbay

Under which circumstances would this not load? I have had it happen a few times that the "normal" charpane is loaded instead of the override, reloading the charpane gives the orveridden page again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Sentrion

Just noticed one very tiny thing: One of your bricks is called "update" but is referred to in several places as "updates" (singular vs plural).

Also, one line in charpane.ash reads "Comma-seperated list of hats to include wit a Hatrack as your current familiar" - you misspelled "with" and "separated" (the latter is misspelled elsewhere as well). Not trying to be nit-picky here, just something I wanted to pass along in case you cared.

Last edited: