Character Info Toolbox

Boesbert

I see that since Jan 12, ChIT has beard tracking. But I cannot find any sort of predictive tracker in the effects pane. Do I need to look somewhere else? Enable it first?

By the way, I also would really love tracking support for cosmic bowling ball (i. e. when it will return) and cursed magnifying glass (for the free fights).

VladYvhuce

I see that since Jan 12, ChIT has beard tracking. But I cannot find any sort of predictive tracker in the effects pane. Do I need to look somewhere else? Enable it first?

By the way, I also would really love tracking support for cosmic bowling ball (i. e. when it will return) and cursed magnifying glass (for the free fights).
I have no idea how to make sense of this formula stuff, but presumably someone does. If the site doesn't open to the section, it's "New Formula/Calculator" section. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...m2dLkbZ1OL4RYWueWz750vC00/edit#gid=1446144025

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Auto-updates have broken for various GitHub-hosted Mafia scripts (pretty much all in the Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society repo I think).

You'll need to delete it and install it again.

taltamir

Auto-updates have broken for various GitHub-hosted Mafia scripts (pretty much all in the Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society repo I think).

You'll need to delete it and install it again.
surprisingly some of them work. it is very mysterious.

but yea, you need to regularly reinstall

ckb

Minion
Staff member
For Science!
Code:
void SVN_ChIT_fix() {
    cli_execute("svn delete Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society-ChIT-branches-main-src");
    cli_execute("svn checkout https://github.com/Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society/ChIT/branches/main/src/");
}

taltamir

Code:
void SVN_ChIT_fix() {
    if(svn_info("ChIT").last_changed_rev > 0 && !get_property("_chitUpdatedToday").to_boolean()) {
        cli_execute("svn delete Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society-ChIT-branches-main-src");
        cli_execute("svn checkout https://github.com/Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society/ChIT/branches/main/src/");
        set_property("_chitUpdatedToday", true);
    }
}
could have a script called gitfix that does the above for all the known broken scripts.
gitfix:
Code:
void main()
{
    SVN_ChIT_fix();
    SVN_autoscend_fix();
}
etc

hmm... is there actually a way to retrieve the version of a url? so we can compare and only trigger the uninstall - reinstall if it is actually older?

Code:
void SVN_ChIT_fix() {
    if(svn_info("ChIT").last_changed_rev > 0 && !get_property("_chitUpdatedToday").to_boolean()) {
        set_property("_chitUpdatedToday", true);
    }
}
could have a script called gitfix that does the above for all the known broken scripts.
gitfix:
Code:
void main()
{
    SVN_ChIT_fix();
    SVN_autoscend_fix();
}
etc

hmm... is there actually a way to retrieve the version of a url? so we can compare and only trigger the uninstall - reinstall if it is actually older?
Garbo has a github action that publishes then git sha when it runs, and then we have an action that tells a user if they are out of date using the github API, if that is helpful.

Boesbert

So occasionally beard prediction fails as depicted in the attached screenshot. It stays that way and only ascending fixes it for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124_211233.png
    Screenshot_20230124_211233.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 7

Ethelred

A couple of days ago, CHiT stopped working for one of my chars: completely blank character panel for one of my chars. My other chars seem to work just fine, even one who's running at the same time. I have no idea what to look at or tweak to get it running again. Any body have any suggestions on how to fix it or what to check to find out what's wrong? I'm afraid I don't really understand the workings of relay scripts very well, so I'd appreciate any debugging guidance anyone can provide.

System Info:
MacOS Monterey 12.6.3
openjdk 17.0.5 2022-10-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.5+8 (build 17.0.5+8)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-17.0.5+8 (build 17.0.5+8, mixed mode)
Mafia: KoLmafia-27295.jar

Last edited:

Gaw

A couple of days ago, CHiT stopped working for one of my chars: completely blank character panel for one of my chars. My other chars seem to work just fine, even one who's running at the same time. I have no idea what to look at or tweak to get it running again. Any body have any suggestions on how to fix it or what to check to find out what's wrong? I'm afraid I don't really understand the workings of relay scripts very well, so I'd appreciate any debugging guidance anyone can provide.

System Info:
MacOS Monterey 12.6.3
openjdk 17.0.5 2022-10-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.5+8 (build 17.0.5+8)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-17.0.5+8 (build 17.0.5+8, mixed mode)
Mafia: KoLmafia-27295.jar
Same thing happened to me. I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the script.