Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
Ah. Relieved. Yes. One of the things I like about the svn update is that I can change the css or add/change an image without needing to make a special announcement.

It made it easier to set all images consistently and more briefly when they were being added to the charpane by multiple lines of code. It also made it simple to make the plant name bold face without bolding the description. Cool, eh?

EDIT EDIT: Ooh, the bold is a nice touch as well, unfortunately the picker is now *just* too tall to close when all 10 plants are showing. :(

Dang. I thought it would fit! I'll have to fix that once I actually have all 10 plants available. I thought it would fit... I'll fix that tomorrow. Maybe I'll add a scrollbar like with the outfit picker, or maybe I'll shrink the images a titch.

Cool indeed. I don't know why I didn't use CSS when I was writing it (well, I know why, but ... meh, this is better)
And here's my CHIT. Or an example screen, really (mine is laid out a bit different, but I changed it to make this here showcase)
Biggest change is the character box being gone. I have incorporated that into stats, and the four corners (in English reading order) are level, path, turns, and meat. Level is a link to the guild (or appropriate skill purchasing page for non-standard classes), while the path mouseover text shows turns spent this run (and links to the Cosmic Kitchen in AoJ). Below this is the level progress bar.

Further down there is the very mild edit of showing ML instead of whatever the current MCD name happens to be (by option, not a forced change).
Just below that is the stat bars familiar info. Users can choose name or image (both shown, pick one, unless you're crazy I guess). Mouseover for the image is "name, the species" and mousover for the text version is just "name". Both of these link to the familiar page. Familiars that have certain counters or special functions show weight in the middle (clicking on pulls up the equipment picker) and then the familiar-specific info in column 3. For "boring" familiars, I think (can't remember...) it shows weight in the middle and weight progress to the right, unless they are fully weighted then... equipment image in the middle or something. Honestly can't remember. EDIT: Looks like equipment overrides weight (and then equipment name and weight appear in the mouseover text)

Then down in the Effects box you'll see that the Fortune Cookie has two numbers. Were it a window instead of two numbers, it would say SR window (not too hard to change to "range" or whatever) and the end points would be separated by a hyphen. In either case, these are sorted into the Effects brick by the smallest number.

And I think that's about it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Interesting... My problem with the counters, is that they are integrated with effect duration and this breaks that. On the other hand, I'm not sure why that is necessarily a bad thing. Also, it might be nice to have an option to pull counters into their own brick... maybe. I'm going to have to think about this, but it would be nice to see your code regardless of my decision. I'm also curious what others think about your modifications.

EDIT EDIT: Ooh, the bold is a nice touch as well, unfortunately the picker is now *just* too tall to close when all 10 plants are showing. :(

I was reviewing how the scrollbar works for pickers and it is integrated into the javascript. Do you have a current version of chit.js and it still does not show a scrollbar?

Interesting... My problem with the counters, is that they are integrated with effect duration and this breaks that.
If this means what I think it means then it only *sorta* breaks it. The soonest one still appears in its proper spot on the list, later events however appear higher. I don't think it's a bad thing :p
I was reviewing how the scrollbar works for pickers and it is integrated into the javascript. Do you have a current version of chit.js and it still does not show a scrollbar?
This would appear to be a truth-fact.

EDIT:
Here's... my code, if you felt like perusing it.
I'm pretty sure every single one of my changes would take work to even be included in your script without breaking it (you refactored a lot of stuff... and I was too lazy to keep up). I'm glad that you set precedent for addWhatever(boolean) with the florist, as I had to do something a few times and wasn't sure you'd approve ;P
(also, ignore AddOffstats() for now... it was an idea I had today and haven't had time to flush out)

Attachments

• charpane.ash
    135.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Erich

Interesting... My problem with the counters, is that they are integrated with effect duration and this breaks that. On the other hand, I'm not sure why that is necessarily a bad thing. Also, it might be nice to have an option to pull counters into their own brick... maybe.

A separate brick would be interesting... but what about making counters a category, like songs? That way they can be separated the same way songs can.

A separate brick would be interesting... but what about making counters a category, like songs? That way they can be separated the same way songs can.
emphasis mine.

I like this idea. But I also like my counters being mixed in with my active effects. I'm all for letting people keep current functionality when adding new. Splitting into its own brick may be some people cup of tea, but that's more space wasted on headers.

So, not having used the shwanky new CHIT a bunch, do all of the counters have some identification (eg yellow background for SRs; bold On the Trail) or do some counters look like normal effects? If the latter, I'm all for coloring them to stand out as not-effects. (pink for Romantic Arrows!)

Bale

Minion
To everyone who uses a personally modified version of this script, I apologize in advance. I just finished a huge refactoring that is likely to upset svn when it is merged with your own version. Every single place that this script sends a command to mafia, I refactored that. I did a bunch of other stuff also. Fortunately if automatic merging fails, svn prints out a whole bunch of useful files to help you merge them together manually.

bordemstirs, I fixed the problem with digging up plants. This refactoring made it both easier and more legible.

That is a good idea. For some reason I often like your ideas. I'll have to think about how/if I want to implement that.

I've got scrollbars! If you don't, then we've got a problem...

Checked out the repo just to make sure, and still no scrollybars.
Does it matter that, were the top menu not there, the picker would fit fine? I tried shrinking the top menu, which brought the picker up with it (so the X was still inaccessible) and refreshed the charpane and the picker fits fine. However... I want my top menu to still exist.

Bale

Minion
Does it matter that, were the top menu not there, the picker would fit fine? I tried shrinking the top menu, which brought the picker up with it (so the X was still inaccessible) and refreshed the charpane and the picker fits fine. However... I want my top menu to still exist.

Thank you! This gave me the key I needed to figure out the problem. I'm attaching a new copy of chit.js to this post. Try using it and tell me if it fixes the scrollybar issue. If it fixes the problem for you I'll make it official.

Attachments

• chit.js
    7.1 KB · Views: 31

Lxndr

So... not sure if this is going to wind up being a CHIT problem or a mafia problem...

But, I just started using this.
And so far I've run into two scenarios where it says "can't plant here" when I totally CAN plant there: The Hole in the Sky, and The Valley of Rof L'm Fao.

EDIT three now: The Misspelled Cemetary

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So... not sure if this is going to wind up being a CHIT problem or a mafia problem...

But, I just started using this.
And so far I've run into two scenarios where it says "can't plant here" when I totally CAN plant there: The Hole in the Sky, and The Valley of Rof L'm Fao.

The first one is because mafia needs to add "The " to the start of the name. The second one is because you haven't updated mafia to a version where the name is updated.

Lxndr

The first one is because mafia needs to add "The " to the start of the name. The second one is because you haven't updated mafia to a version where the name is updated.

Huh. I've got a tool that theoretically downloads the most recent version of mafia. And yep, now that I revisit the Valley, that one works.

I imagine my other issue edited in after "The Misspelled Cemetary" is likely also due to a missing "The"?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I decided to mess around with combining moods today. The URL for the + looks something like
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:60080/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=mood+/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=mood+default%2C+dice&pwd=[removed]
The result is a new mood being made with a very strange name, and that new mood being active along with the already-active mood.

roippi

Developer
I had some funky issues with composable moods until I realized that I had aliases that were conflicting, just throwing that out there.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It looks like a side effect of adding the sideCommand() function. Lines 1927-1928:
Code:
			picker.append('<a title="ADD this to current mood" href="/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=mood+');
			picker.append(sideCommand("mood "+moodname+", "+m));
sideCommand() adds the same stuff that's added before calling it.

Yay scrollbars!
What did you change so that I can put it in my version of CHIT (meantime until I make all my changes actually merge-able to svn)? (EDIT: nevermind, must have been in the js as it works with no changes on my end... sweeeeeeet)
Also, I noticed a single-space indentation in the second line of the title text of the plant images... intentional? Looks a bit off to me, but so does no indentation. I don't suppose there is a way to center-justify in a title text?

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Yeah ... it's in the javascript. The big dummy who originally changed it just thought ... 600px ought to work for about anyone's screen nowadays ... instead of just using a percentage as he should have. :rolleyes: