Character Info Toolbox

Darzil

Developer
In G-Lover, the equipment brick only allows changing to items with G's in them, but there are other things (Protonic Pack) that you might want to use anyway !

taltamir

This is a great script. Makes playing a lot more enjoyable and smoother.

Although I have noticed it tends to crash, or make ezandora's guide crash, or make the main game crash. Quite often too. thankfully its easy to reload those things.

--------

Is there are particular reason it uses its own method for outfit switching instead of calling the built in one?
I noticed that if I am missing an outfit item it will abort instead of doing a partial switch like KOL built in method.
Also, when modifying an outfit this script sometimes doesn't notice for a while, so it will switch you to the old version of the outfit instead.
Also, since it switches one item at a time using its own method instead of calling the saved outfit, it takes longer and involves more server hits.

--------

There is an interesting interaction issue between gameinform dungeons and florist friar, it mistakingly thinks each gameinform is a different one due to it having a different name. But as far as the planter is concerned they are the same location. This script then finds no plants there, showing me plants available and then failing when I try to use one.

I am not sure if it is completely random or if each dungeon type repeats the same zone names in the "last" adventure location. But here is the info I collected thus far.
In case it is needed, here is some collected info:
Apparent names for the zone [DungeonFAQ - Level 1]:
morass district
Dustyriven Canyon
Shark Shred Alley

Apparent names for the zone [DungeonFAQ - Level 2]:
Thistlechar Ruins
Thorny Cavern
Meltrib Barrow

Apparent names for the zone [DungeonFAQ - Level 3]:
Auburn Caves
Alpine Stronghold
Shatterforest

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there are particular reason it uses its own method for outfit switching instead of calling the built in one?
I noticed that if I am missing an outfit item it will abort instead of doing a partial switch like KOL built in method.
Also, when modifying an outfit this script sometimes doesn't notice for a while, so it will switch you to the old version of the outfit instead.
Also, since it switches one item at a time using its own method instead of calling the saved outfit, it takes longer and involves more server hits.
It sounds like you are critiquing KoLmafia's outfit switching, which doesn't have anything to do with this script.

There is an interesting interaction issue between gameinform dungeons and florist friar
All based on KoL having a placeholder name with brackets for the locations, and me not wanting to match those in mafia. So again, nothing this script can reasonably handle.

taltamir

Incidentally, I feel like there are a lot more crashes in aftercore. This makes me suspect it might be related to some out of season IOTMs. In particular I get the feeling it might be florist friar

It sounds like you are critiquing KoLmafia's outfit switching, which doesn't have anything to do with this script.
Sorry, when I said "is there a reason it is doing" I was not being sarcastic nor trying to be disparaging. I was actually curious why it was doing that, like maybe there is a good reason to not call on the functionality of base kol outfit switching that I am just not familiar with.

So now I know the answer, the reason why the script is doing it is because its how mafia is doing it.

All based on KoL having a placeholder name with brackets for the locations, and me not wanting to match those in mafia. So again, nothing this script can reasonably handle.
if it is a known issue that is too difficult to handle then no problem, just trying to help.

Would me making a list of names of various dungeons be helpful or are the location names randomly generated?

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You misunderstood the florist friar issue. KoL uses [DungeonFAQ - Level 1], mafia uses Dungeon: Video Game Level 1. Those aren't identical. The other stuff you posted is never used by anything.

taltamir

You misunderstood the florist friar issue. KoL uses [DungeonFAQ - Level 1], mafia uses Dungeon: Video Game Level 1. Those aren't identical. The other stuff you posted is never used by anything.
So if mafia used [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] instead of what it currently does, the issue would be solved?

Malibu Stacey

Inscrutable Gaze is showing up in the regular buffs area when cast rather than the Facial Expression section.

It is definitely a facial expression as it's removed by Patient Smile/Wry Smile/Knowing Smile/Disco Leer/Stiff Upper Lip (tested it yesterday after 4 days of zapping skillbooks to finally get it).

AlbinoRhino

I'm not in pvp but a quick search through the code doesn't show me any place where chit visits "peevpee.php" for any reason.

It adds a link to that page if it sees the words "PvP Fights Remaining" on the page...but never actually visits it.

AlbinoRhino

In G-Lover, the equipment brick only allows changing to items with G's in them, but there are other things (Protonic Pack) that you might want to use anyway !

It looks like there is a setting "chit.gear.ignoreG-Lover" which defaults to false, but should allow non-G gear through if set true? (I don't do challenge paths much...I may be wrong.)

taltamir

I'm not in pvp but a quick search through the code doesn't show me any place where chit visits "peevpee.php" for any reason.

It adds a link to that page if it sees the words "PvP Fights Remaining" on the page...but never actually visits it.
I am not 100%, but I think you are asking how it knows if it doesn't visit the pvp page?

KOL default UI has pvp fights remaining being tracked by default, so Chit probably gets it from the basic KOL GUI instead of from visiting the page. Also, mafia keeps track of it. So it could be using either of those to keep track of it without visiting the pvp page.

Last edited:

taltamir

Fixed to be more clear about what I was trying to say.
Oh, I see now. You are referring to the ability to click on the fights remaining count to go to pvp?

I just tested it by clicking the link CHIT adds, and it works. Clicking it brings me to "Huggler Memorial Colosseum".
Hovering over the CHIT link I am shown the URL it goes to is:
Code:
http:127.0.0.1:60080/peevpee.php

Malibu Stacey

Oh, I see now. You are referring to the ability to click on the fights remaining count to go to pvp?

I just tested it by clicking the link CHIT adds, and it works. Clicking it brings me to "Huggler Memorial Colosseum".
Hovering over the CHIT link I am shown the URL it goes to is:
Code:
http:127.0.0.1:60080/peevpee.php

This is why I suspect ChiT is causing the issue (or exposing an issue in mafia). There's no links to that page anywhere else in my relay browser which are being refreshed each round in fights.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This is why I suspect ChiT is causing the issue (or exposing an issue in mafia). There's no links to that page anywhere else in my relay browser which are being refreshed each round in fights.

You could still have a script running during combat without it presenting a link. It definitely is not this script, which was the point of AlbinoRhino's post.

taltamir

wait, there is an issue? I thought he was just perusing the code for fun, and noticed a suspicious omission and wondering how it worked?
I mean, he even said he doesn't even play pvp (unless I misunderstood what "I am not in pvp" means).