Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196
Results 1,951 to 1,953 of 1953

Thread: Character Info Toolbox

I did it. zlib vars are no longer being used in this script. To copy some of your zlib vars to vProps type zlib chit. in the CLI and choose the ones you need. Then just copy/paste the relevant line, changing the world "zlib" to "set" to create the vProp.

If you want to copy over ALL your vars, then simply copy/paste the following line into the CLI
    Code:
    ashq import "zlib.ash"; foreach prop,val in vars if(prop.contains_text("chit.") && prop!= "chit.gear.display.aftercore.defaults" && prop!= "chit.gear.display.in-run.defaults") set_property(prop, val);
    Note that after the first run of chit, it will compare your properties to the default values for those options and if they are the same, it will remove the unnecessary property, leaving only the properties which are necessary. So don't panic when you see only a few chit properties in preferences file.

I did it. zlib vars are no longer being used in this script. To copy some of your zlib vars to vProps type zlib chit. in the CLI and choose the ones you need. Then just copy/paste the relevant line, changing the world "zlib" to "set" to create the vProp.

If you want to copy over ALL your vars, then simply copy/paste the following line into the CLI
    Code:
    ashq import "zlib.ash"; foreach prop,val in vars if(prop.contains_text("chit.") && prop!= "chit.gear.display.aftercore.defaults" && prop!= "chit.gear.display.in-run.defaults") set_property(prop, val);
    Note that after the first run of chit, it will compare your properties to the default values for those options and if they are the same, it will remove the unnecessary property, leaving only the properties which are necessary. So don't panic when you see only a few chit properties in preferences file.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    I copied the line of code and pasted it into my gCLI and hit <CR>. I got no response of any kind. Did it do anything? I'm sorry, but these instructions are inadequate for those (like me) with limited technical savy. How do I know if I want the first or second option? What will happen if I don't do anything? Please provide explicit instructions and an indication of how to tell if they worked or not. Sorry to sound like a whiney, entitled noobie, but that's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment.

Thanks for all your work and any clarification you can provide on this.

It should have done the job. It just doesn't output anything. You can see what it did if you type prefref chit in your CLI.

If you want the second option, just don't copy/paste it. The chance for the first option is over.
    Last edited by Bale; 03-25-2017 at 02:56 AM.