Character Info Toolbox

ereinion

When having nothing in the walls, the floor and roof of chit overlaps, and the floor scrolls with the roof:

7Nex2bw.jpg

My chit-settings are:

Code:
zlib chit.autoscroll = true
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib      chit.character.customtitle = true
zlib chit.character.title = true
zlib      chit.checkversion = true
zlib chit.clan.display = off
zlib      chit.clan.home = Hardcore Nation
zlib chit.currencies = source      essence,BACON
zlib chit.currencies.showmany = false
zlib      chit.disable = false
zlib chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib      chit.effects.describe = false
zlib chit.effects.layout =      songs,buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.effects.modicons = false
zlib      chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib chit.effects.usermap = false
zlib      chit.familiar.anti-gollywog = true
zlib chit.familiar.hats = spangly      sombrero,sugar chapeau
zlib chit.familiar.hiddengear =
zlib      chit.familiar.pants = spangly mariachi pants, frilly skirt, double-ice      britches, BRICKO pants, pin-stripe slacks
zlib chit.familiar.protect =      false
zlib chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib      chit.familiar.terrariumlinklarge = false
zlib chit.familiar.weapons =      time sword,velcro broadsword,velcro paddleball
zlib chit.floor.layout =      toolbar
zlib chit.gear.display.aftercore = favorites:amount=all,      quest:amount=all, charter:amount=all, today:amount=all:create=false,      rollover, DRUNK:amount=all
zlib chit.gear.display.aftercore.defaults =      create=true, pull=true, amount=1
zlib chit.gear.display.in-run =      favorites:amount=all:pull=true:create=true, astral:amount=all, item,      -combat, +combat, quest:amount=all:pull=true:create=true,      today:amount=all:create=false, ML, path:amount=all, prismatic, res,      charter:amount=all, rollover, DRUNK:amount=all, Wow:amount=all,      resistance:amount=3
zlib chit.gear.display.in-run.defaults =      create=false, pull=false, amount=1
zlib chit.gear.favorites = droll      monocle, stinky cheese eye, Hand in Glove, Half a Purse,A Light that Never      Goes Out,smiths,hobo code binder, buddy bjorn, The Crown of Ed the      Undying,crumpled felt fedora,Hairpiece on Fire, Pantsgiving, Vicar's Tutu,      Astral Shirt, duct tape shirt, Stephen's lab coat
zlib chit.gear.layout      = default
zlib chit.gear.pull = favorites
zlib chit.gear.recommend =      in-run
zlib chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib chit.helpers.semirare      = true
zlib chit.helpers.spookyraven = true
zlib      chit.helpers.wormwood = mainstat5,stats5
zlib chit.helpers.xiblaxian =      true
zlib chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib chit.quests.hide = true
zlib      chit.recommendgear = in-run
zlib chit.roof.layout =      character,stats,florist,familiar,effects,thrall,vykea
zlib      chit.size.wide = false
zlib chit.stats.layout =      muscle,myst,moxie|spleen,stomach,liver|hp,mp,axel|mcd
zlib      chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.thrall.showname = false
zlib      chit.toolbar.layout = quests,helpers,modifiers,trail
zlib      chit.toolbar.moods = bonus
zlib chit.walls.layout =

Boesbert

For a few days now it seems like CHiT disappears the [configure] link from the mini-crimbot familiar until you have visited the URL at least once manually.

Bale

Minion
Found and fixed the oversight. Soolar could have easily missed that condition during his improvements to the familiar brick last month. I hope that soolar reads this and reviews my changes to see if he'd have fixed it differently. Does a crimbot always start configured the same way?

@ereinion: Sorry, but your problem is much more complicated. I'd strongly recommend you solve it through the expedient of moving effects into chit.walls.layout

Last edited:

ereinion

@ereinion: Sorry, but your problem is much more complicated. I'd strongly recommend you solve it through the expedient of moving effects into chit.walls.layout

Yeah, it is something I did to get a bigger area inside the scroll area, as if it is only the effects the amount of space in it gets small enough to make it a bit of a pain when using a laptop. It is an idea which chez suggested to me way back when, and while I couldn't find the post where he suggested this (it was probably a kmail), he suggests it again as a way to get more screen real-estate in this post. I guess I could try to work out a way to get enough visible space in the walls to make it worthwhile using them, since my screen is a bit bigger now than it was back then but if there is any way you think you could attempt fixing this, I'd really appreciate it. I guess there has been enough developments to the script that you can't really go back and see how the code placing the elements of the charpane worked back then?

Anyway, thanks for keeping this script up to date, I really appreciate your work on it :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Having more space to see my effects is why I do things like edit the script to remove the Bust line, don't display my avatar, and so on. I think I also edited the CSS to make a bunch of text smaller, and effect images along with that. Fitting enough effects is hard.

Bale

Minion
What is the Bust line?

It is an idea which chez suggested to me way back when... I guess there has been enough developments to the script that you can't really go back and see how the code placing the elements of the charpane worked back then?)

Wait. Are you saying that this used to work properly once upon a time? Do you know when it stopped working?

Also, I would be grateful if any css/html experts browsing this thread took a look at the problem to see if they can figure out why it happens and what should be done to fix it.

Boesbert

If I have a favorite gear that is also a foldable A but Hagnk's has it as another foldable B, selecting to equip foldabe A in ChIT fails. For instance: I have a stinky cheese eye as a favorite. But when I try to equip it in the ChIT gear box, it can fail when Hagnk's has it as stinky cheese diaper. Same goes for the two foldable versions of Sneaky Pete's Jacket. It would be nice if ChIT could come up with recognizing what would needed be to pulled and folded to equip what I want to equip (I think the maximizer modifier already can do this).

Bale

Minion
The gear brick is mostly soolar's baby, but if he doesn't get to it first I might give it some attention once I've finished pre-Crimbo preparations. (I've got a few ascensions to complete before Crimbo.)

soolar

If I have a favorite gear that is also a foldable A but Hagnk's has it as another foldable B, selecting to equip foldabe A in ChIT fails. For instance: I have a stinky cheese eye as a favorite. But when I try to equip it in the ChIT gear box, it can fail when Hagnk's has it as stinky cheese diaper. Same goes for the two foldable versions of Sneaky Pete's Jacket. It would be nice if ChIT could come up with recognizing what would needed be to pulled and folded to equip what I want to equip (I think the maximizer modifier already can do this).

I'll be sure to look in to this some time this week!

Bale

Minion
That's interesting. I'm not sure if it is great or terrible, but it's really interesting.

Will it go back to normal when the charpane is refreshed? I wouldn't want anyone to get stuck like that so I think it is best as a temporary thing. Or perhaps I should have that behavior determined by the same chit.autoscroll as controls the scrollbar being locked. I'd like to link the two behaviors if possible. Unless chit.autoscroll is true, the charpane would return to normal when the charpane is refreshed.

Maybe. I really want to hear what others have to say.

AlbinoRhino

Yeah back to normal each refresh. Tested in about 6 different browsers. Didn't tie it to any settings though. It's just a small bit of javascript. I find it pretty handy, so thought I would offer.

Lxndr

I'm assuming this is chit?

Code:
Multiple matches for "Slicked-Back Do"; using "[1553]Slicked-Back Do". (charpane.ash, line 657) Clarify by using one of:
$effect[[1342]Slicked-Back Do]
$effect[[1553]Slicked-Back Do]
Multiple matches for "Slicked-Back Do"; using "[1553]Slicked-Back Do". (charpane.ash, line 838) Clarify by using one of:
$effect[[1342]Slicked-Back Do]
$effect[[1553]Slicked-Back Do]
Multiple matches for "Blood Sugar Sauce Magic"; using "[1458]Blood Sugar Sauce Magic". (charpane.ash, line 880) Clarify by using one of:
$effect[[1457]Blood Sugar Sauce Magic]
$effect[[1458]Blood Sugar Sauce Magic]

Bale

Minion
Pretty much. It's ChIT reacting to a new mafia change. Nothing is actually broken, but I'll get rid of the friendly warnings soon enough.