Character Info Toolbox

roippi

Developer
My only GM script is Inline Descriptions Improved, but turning that off doesn't fix the problem.

I dunno, some html is misbehaving somewhere:

Capture.JPG

Chez

No other mafia scripts? BetweenBattle/recovery/etc? Moods?

I'm quickly running out of ideas. The fact that the buff listed in your screenie had 0 turns remaining maybe points to something mood-related.

roippi

Developer
I did have smooth/sneakiness in my mood at the time. Hence why that was still showing up with 0 turns remaining. I do run UR. Can't think of much else than that :-/

ETA: I think this might be related to a SS/mafia bug I've reported elsewhere? Sometimes SS will submit a macro after a fight is over, which can have odd results. This is really annoying to debug...

Last edited:
Does this still work at all with revision 9849?

I installed the zip file in the proper place, fired up KoLMafia. Even put in some settings in the data/vars_playername file, and I didn't
see any changes to the charpane at all.

Do you need to have any specific browser settings? (Like cacheing images?)
Is there something I need to do to activate the script?

Winterbay

You need to allow relay override scripts via a setting, but other than that it should just work. Mine seems to works still at least.

Ok, so I got this working on one computer, but I turned up a problem on a computer with a smaller screen.
If the browser window is too short all of the "effects" disappear, even if it is defined in the walls setting.

To show this on any computer, just shorten the vertical width of the browser until the charpane is too short to
show the effects and then do a refresh.

Is there a way you can fix this for computers with short vertical resolution?

Thanks!

Also one more problem, on one of my accounts I have the Gnomish camp unlocked but it says in the charpane "Camp not available" even when I am actively visiting the camp.
Any way to fix this too?

Strangely, the AOT5K link works though.

Chez

Hi Kirk

If you're short on vertical space, you can try one of 2 approaches:

1) Move more bricks into the walls section, and out of the "fixed" areas (roof and floor).
2) Leave the walls completely blank, and move everything into the roof. This should get you pretty close to the default KoL layout, with everything in a big scrollable area and the toolbar fixed to the bottom of the screen.

I haven't ascended under a moxie sign for a while, so some of the MCD stuff is still untested. It seems that I'm incorrectly testing for a bus pass in inventory instead of desert bus pass. I'll upload a fix as soon as I can test this myself. In the meantime you can try changing $item[bus pass] to $item[desert bus pass] (line 2044 in charpane.ash) and see if that works. I'm assuming you don't have a meat car or pumpkin carriage in inventory, right?

I might be -way- wrong here, but doesn't ash have a beach_available() or something similar? It may have been a user script like canadv.ash though, just throwing it out.

Winterbay

One problem with putting everything in the roof is that for some reason you get two scrollbars. Resizing the sidebar removes the second one (no matter in which direction you resize it) but it will come back as soon as the sidepane reloads.
This using FF 6.0.2. Do you have any idea why it may be doing this?

johngnash

I love the new sidebar, but it's lacking one thing. Before I used "DrEvil1s Clan Changer" GM script. Since the new sidebar anchors to the top of the menu I cant any longer use this GM script. Do you think you could code a whitelist changer, or a zlib true/false setting to anchor a little below where that would appear?

Paragon

I love how the new char pane looks. I have one request though, could you make it so that clicking on your meat, hp, mp, and adventures link to the respective doc.ash?topic= ?

So, not sure what -exactly- determines this, but from my cursory observations it seems that if I don't have any "real" effects going, then the Effects section won't appear at all, even if I have active Mafia timers (like, for instance, Bee and SR windows)

Something has changed that has removed the counters by the familiars that needs counters for things like runaways, drops, etc. I don't think I've changed anything except for adding my fullness counter to my character pane, but removing it didn't seem to make the familiar counter appear again.

Winterbay

Ahh, so it wasnt just me being crazy and remembering features that weren't there then, in other words I'm also seeing this lack of familiar info.

Chez

Sorry for the late response, I've barely had time to log into KoL recently. I'll have some time to look at all of the issues over the weekend.

Winterbay

I'm guessing some part of the KoL sidepane code changed as a result of the non-funny update to make it possible to show your fullness counter.

bleary

Something has changed that has removed the counters by the familiars that needs counters for things like runaways, drops, etc. I don't think I've changed anything except for adding my fullness counter to my character pane, but removing it didn't seem to make the familiar counter appear again.

Here's a patch (that also adds stomping boot support!)

Code:
1327c1327
<       matcher dropMatcher = create_matcher("<b\>Familiar:</b\> \\((.*?)\\)</font\>", source);
---
>       matcher dropMatcher = create_matcher("<b\>Familiar:</b\><br\>\\((.*?)\\)</font\>", source);
1333a1334,1336
>                       case $familiar[pair of stomping boots]:
>                               info = info;
>                               break;