ash autocomplete definition file for notepad++

I'm still working on adding all the functions from the master function list, but I've put together a file to help code ash in notepad++. Just download the following file to the "Notepad++\plugins\APIs" directory as ash.xml, open up a .ash file, then press ctrl+spacebar to get a popup with a list of the main ash functions. This file will also provide you with completion hints for function parameters, and save you from having to research as much. I also plan on adding the mafia properties. Enjoy, and check back for updates. :)

ash.xml 1.0

ash.xml without Mafia Properties without Zlib support
ash.xml with Mafia Properties without Zlib support
ash.xml without Mafia Properties with Zlib support
ash.xml with Mafia Properties with Zlib support

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Settings -> Preferences -> Backup/Auto-Completion

Make sure "Enable auto-completion on each input" is checked, with "Word completion" being selected. Also, check "Function parameters hint on input".

Even with these criteria met, I am getting nothing with ctrl + space.

AlbinoRhino

Did you save the file as "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\plugins\APIs\ash.xml"?
Do you have a file opened that has been saved with a .ash extension when you try to use auto-complete?

Yes & yes. However, my notepad++ folder is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs. Will that make a difference ?

It shouldn't as long as you have the ash.xml file saved to the APIs directory. Other than that, I'm at a loss as to your problem. Sorry.

Winterbay

Cool. This could prove useful when I forget what things are called (often) :)

Also, you changed your avatar...

Sorry for the thread necro. RealBurgerKing, if you're still around, thanks for posting these files.

I downloaded "with Mafia properties without Zlib support." Saved it to my plugins/APIs directory, but I don't get an autocomplete. Notepad v6.8.8, with Preferences > Auto-Completion > Enable auto-completion on each input, > Function and word completion, and Function parameters hint on input checked.

Does anyone else use this / what am I doing wrong / is there a newer version somewhere I should use instead?