New Content - Implemented Loathing Legion knife

DoctorRotelle

Developer
I recently discovered the legion knife isn't supported for crafting (as a hammer) and free crafting (as a jackhammer). Untinkering is supported in another form and might be worth looking at. I'd also suggest the familiar trainer consider using the helicopter form as a possibility. I'm reporting this as it looks to have been over looked and I don't have the expertise to do it myself.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have another Feature Request talking specifically about the use for Untinkering.

I have no idea what you mean by "crafting (as a hammer)". Are you saying it replaces a Tenderizing hammer? The Wiki doesn't know about that power...

Free crafting 3 times a day as the jackhammer - would require that we track that.

The familiar trainer should be revamped to use the modifier maximizer or something rather than having various items built-in to it. Although, this would be a reasonable one to build in, since it could look for any Loathing Legion item and fold it into a helicopter before starting training and return it to its previous form when it is done.

xKiv

Code:
You haven't got a hammer, and Innabox can't smith that item.

The Loathing Legion Hammer doesn't allow (advanced) meatsmithing. Can't test basic with Innabox getting in the way. No other form of the LLK even looks like it would help with crafting.

xKiv

I just tried it (for a bar whip, after doing /closet * tenderizing). And verified both before and after that /count hammer found a loathing legion hammer.

roippi

Developer
Oh, I see. It doesn't replace the tenderizing hammer, it just removes the adventure cost. That's.. confusing, flavor-wise. What is the jackhammer -doing-, exactly?

xKiv

No. The l.l. jackhammer allows 3 adventure-free craftings (normal, SAM and armorcraftiness), and (according to wiki - didn't test this myself) replaces tenderizing hammer for this purpose ("Acts as a tenderizing hammer while it has free smithing turns left. Cannot Pulverize.").
The l.l. hammer (not jack) doesn't do anything with crafting, at all.

Bale

Minion
Three times a day the legion hammer will act like innabox plus advanced crafting. The wiki is correct about that. I had tested that myself while doing a softcore ascension under a zodiac sign that doesn't give innabox.