Worm Wood Prize Script Pack

ankorite

Hello everyone, I decided to take the dive and learn how to do some ASH scripting ;)
So these are quick and dirty scripts to get in and get out of the worm wood with your choice of prize! When the script is run it asks for how many bottles you want to use. It takes 10 adventures to get an prize so make sure you have enough. Feedback would be very much appreciated. You can also kmail Ankorite (#870022) if you have any questions.

V0.3 UPDATE 11-05-07: antimarty and Miser both added some useful stuff the the scripts and Miser packed it all in one very easy to use script! You enter the prize as a string like notapipe for the not-a-pipe or muscle for the muscle sub-stat gain. Count is how many tiny bottles you will use. and then select the default adventure location from a list and your off to get your prize. Thanks for all the hard work!

Attachments

• wormwood.ash
    5 KB · Views: 626

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I attempted to use these but It kept saying it couldn't find the effects. Any ideas?

macman104

If you are using the last public release, the worm wood was not out yet. So the 11.0 release doesn't know about those effects, you'll have to use a daily build in order to do that.

hatluck

On the new release it isn't working or it might just be me. It will run one turn then say the conditions were not satisfied.

antimarty

Here's a couple of modified versions of the worm wood scripts that I've been using to farm not-a-pipes and to power level using the stat options for each noncombat (seems like worm wood is the best place for my sauceror to level for now).

Main difference is that it adventures in your "normal" location, and only runs off to the worm wood as necessary. So you can, for example, gather not-a-pipes while you item farm the island battlefield.

The "normal" location is wherever you adventured last; when the script stops running this will be somewhere in the worm wood. So don't run it once, over and over, if you want to use multiple bottles of absinthe - use the built in looping feature.

I only wrote versions for not-a-pipes and myst stats, but it should be easy enough to convert if you want something else. The list of choice adventures that you'll need is at choiceadv by number

Attachments

• wormwood-not-a-pipe.ash
    3 KB · Views: 358
  • wormwood-myst.ash
    3.1 KB · Views: 161

ankorite

Good job! These look great! If someone wants to update all of them I can change the top post so these are the ones at the top. I have been a little busy to do any kol playing but I am glad people are getting good use out of my simple scripts.

Cheers,
Ank

Miser

I made a similar modification a few weeks ago, only it includes all the possible goals in one script. You have to enter your goal as a string for an argument, and the script will try to accomplish it.

Additionally, unlike antimarty's script, it doesn't take your last location for your "normal" location, but instead you have to choose it from a list, which I find more useful.

I didn't test every single goal, so if one doesn't work properly, or if you find any other bug, please tell me, or edit the script yourself.

Attachments

• wormwood.ash
    4.6 KB · Views: 210

ankorite

I recently started playing kol again and grabbed up this script. Good work! This is an nice evolution of my preliminary script pack and it doesn't take a lot of space in my script menu. If its ok with you all I want to add your names to the header and replace my script pack on the first post. Thanks again for all the hard work!

charred

i love this script. it works wonderful. thank you guys so much.
would it be possible to have a dropdown of the item you are going for? just like the default location. so you could pick muscle or !pipes from the dropdown.

Miser

All right, so I made the script notice whether the trip to the wormwood has already begun and resume where it stopped. Errors may occur when picking a stat goal and resuming the script at bad times. For details see the comment inside the script.
Again, should any other errors occur or you know how to fix this one, message me ingame (same name) or change the script yourself.

[quote author=charred link=topic=963.msg6288#msg6288 date=1197465115]
i love this script. it works wonderful. thank you guys so much.
would it be possible to have a dropdown of the item you are going for? just like the default location. so you could pick muscle or !pipes from the dropdown.

[/quote]

As far as I know, there is no way to make custom lists to select from. The location list is a built in feature of Mafia.

Attachments

• wormwood.ash
    5.9 KB · Views: 218

Terrabull

I'm having a strange problem w/ this script.
When I use it, it goes through all the set-up, then uses a bottle of absinthe, but prints out "Unknown error occurred, printing debug log"
This happens no mater where, for how long, or what I select during the setup. And the debug log is all a lot of gibberish to me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Terrabull link=topic=963.msg6697#msg6697 date=1200605009]
When I use it, it goes through all the set-up, then uses a bottle of absinthe, but prints out "Unknown error occurred, printing debug log"
This happens no mater where, for how long, or what I select during the setup.  And the debug log is all a lot of gibberish to me.
[/quote]
The debug log has explicit instructions in it for sending the log to somebody for whom it is not a lot of gibberish. Did you do that? No? Well, unless and until you do that, there is no chance whatsoever that anybody will be able to figure out what your problem is.

Which is generally good advice. I'm tired of seeing people report, here or on the main forums, "I got an Unknown error and it made a debug log. What's the problem?" Without looking at the debug log, it is impossible to answer that question.

Terrabull

Start with the simplest explanation and work to the more complex ones.

I don't know who said that, but it's good advice. The simplest explanation would be a problem w/ the script, so I decided to start there, to see if anyone else was having trouble with it similar to mine.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Fine - except there is not supposed to be anything whatever that a script can do to cause an "Unexpected error." Anything that makes KoLmafia print a stack trace to a debug log is an error in KoLmafia itself.

macman104

Terrabull, can you please attach the debug log, or follow the directions in the debug log and email it to holatuwol

Sir Spanky

Sorry to necro this, but just wanted to say thanks - it is very useful!

Also I was wondering if it was possible to select a 'drum machine adventure' to be used within each wormwood turn. I wouldn't know how mafia would handle this seeing as it isn't a true location. Thanks.