Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Thread: Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

I personally would like the choice of what the failure() does, set by a variable at some point. Also, exit; when Harvest runs by itself simply ends the script, so the standard user will not notice the difference ordinarily.

In the most ideal world Harvest.ash would output how it ended programatically so other ASHs could react.

Since it's a SVN script, you can change your own copy of it and svn sync it without having other people's copy affected. But for the average user who will need to manually react to why the script didn't adventure at all and decided to just do... nothing (line 992) or if you've broken your consumption script and it doesn't properly get you prepared or overdrunk (line 1040) or if it doesn't fill you up fully because you set it wrong and so your adventuring will be suboptimal (line 1095), or if you selected an invalid/unknown hatter buff (line 1205)...

For your personal case, changing abort to print/exit might work well if you don't care about fixing the problem that made the script break. For the average user, they probably want to fix what is broken, which means they need to know that it broke. The red screen helps to prompt their noticing.

I just committed an update that records _har_endmeat before running OCD. The problem was that Harvest was double-counting any OCD autosale meat. This isn't usually much of an issue, but it became very apparent when I modified my personal copy of Harvest to run my volcano mining script. Since autosale (of 1,970 carat gold) is the majority of the output of that, Harvest was inflating my "meat gained for the day" by ridiculous amounts.

For those who are interested, I made a between-combat script for Harvest that will automatically use the free ghost fights given to you by your protonic accelerator pack. It assumes you have a custom combat script called "Ghostbusting" that uses the appropriate "Shoot Ghost" and "Trap Ghost" skills.

Code:
    if(get_property("questPAGhost") == "started") {
    	print("Ghost quest active", "blue");
    	string ghostLocation = get_property("ghostLocation");
    	print(ghostLocation, "blue");
    	string old_ccs = get_property("customCombatScript");
    	set_property("customCombatScript", "Ghostbusting");
    	adv1(to_location(ghostLocation), -1, "");
    	set_property("customCombatScript", old_ccs);
    }
    Just save that in your "scripts" directory and configure Harvest.ash to use it as a between-combat script, and you'll automatically bust ghosts while farming.

My script also changes combat scripts, but to be safe, I use try/finally to make sure it changes back if there is an abort. I also check to make sure I'm actually wearing the protonic accelerator.
    Code:
            if (get_property("questPAGhost") == "started") {
                if (have_equipped($item[protonic accelerator pack])) {
                    try {
                        string tmp = get_property("customCombatScript");
                        set_property("customCombatScript", "ghost");
                        print("Fighting ghost");
                        adv1(get_property("ghostLocation").to_location(), -1, "");
                    }
                    finally {
                        set_property("customCombatScript", tmp);
                    }
                }
            }
    You might also get some ideas from Bale's version, which makes sure you use the right equipment (or start the quest) to access the zone.
    Last edited by Crowther; 08-04-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typos, etc

Default Did Harvest.ash break recently?

So I updated to the latest KoL Mafia svn build the other day (previous version I was on was probably a 2 weeks old build or so) and when I played KoL last night, I noticed that Harvest.ash would get stuck at the start saying (sorry I don't remember the exact wording) Consumption Script not defined, or some such, I had to run EatDrink manually when normally Harvest would just deal with this. Normally I just run Harvest, it does its thing, deposits, feeds me up and buffs me, etc. then I run a Meat farming script until I'm out of adventures, then after Harvest fills me up and gets me ready for rollover. Sorry if I'm missing some much needed/required info for debugging this, but I don't have access right now and my memory if fuzzy, but I can check again later after rollover tonight if the problem still persists.

So I updated to the latest KoL Mafia svn build the other day (previous version I was on was probably a 2 weeks old build or so) and when I played KoL last night, I noticed that Harvest.ash would get stuck at the start saying (sorry I don't remember the exact wording) Consumption Script not defined, or some such, I had to run EatDrink manually when normally Harvest would just deal with this. Normally I just run Harvest, it does its thing, deposits, feeds me up and buffs me, etc. then I run a Meat farming script until I'm out of adventures, then after Harvest fills me up and gets me ready for rollover. Sorry if I'm missing some much needed/required info for debugging this, but I don't have access right now and my memory if fuzzy, but I can check again later after rollover tonight if the problem still persists.
    Originally Posted by Ima Felyn View Post
    Yup, I'm seeing the same behavior. It appears to be at least partially due to the new ZLib version that just came out, which changed the way settings are stored. I'm working with the author of ZLib to figure out a fix.

Okay, I've now updated Harvest to use the new getvar() ZLib paradigm. For some reason, all of my Harvest settings were lost once I did the update, but once I re-set them all back up, they appear to be stable once more and have persisted across KoLMafia restarts and rollover. Once you update your copy of the script, you should be able to use Harvest once more.
    Last edited by coandco; 05-18-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Great, thanks for your work. I'll have to test this when rollever happens. /crosses figers

EDIT: So things look like they are back to normal for me, but I did notice that when finished I looked at the logs and it said something like "Could not sell, inventory data is Corrupt, hope you didn't lose anything." again something about vars_ not being setup correctly.

This seems related to Bales OCD Inventory control, I don't remember seeing this message before, but honestly I never really looked either so this might just have always been the case as I'm now looking more closely at things since the recent breakage.
    Last edited by Ima Felyn; 05-19-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Simple question: how do I run without a consume script? "none" is not a valid string.

Better yet, how do I run without filling my spleen? EatDrink.ash doesn't care, but Harvest.ash doesn't like it.

Thanks!

Also...

Makes sure you have buffing items such as the Rock and Roll Legend and the Mace of the Tortoise.
    By "makes sure", you mean won't run unless you've ascended as an AT and TT, and within the last couple years. Sigh.
    Last edited by Demise; 09-06-2017 at 04:07 AM.