Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

First, your call to eatdrink.ash fails on Linux. Author of that script calls it EatDrink.ash, and case is significant in Unices
    Originally Posted by dangold View Post
    I'll change the default setting for that, but you can easily adjust the case yourself from the settings table in the relay script.

Second, running the script yields an error message as follows:
    I've never seen that issue before, and no-one else seems to have run into it. Could you download a new version of Harvest.ash (just in case)? Are you using the latest version of OCD? Could it be another unexpected interaction with Linux (I have no experience with that OS I'm afraid)? Do you get that error every time you run the script? If so set Verbosity to 3 (from the relay script), run the script again and post the relevant CLI output here.
    Last edited by Banana Lord; 06-23-2011 at 10:02 PM.

The script forgot to call load_at_buff_data(); in num_at_songs() ...
    So num_at_songs() always return 0...

Err, okay. I tried this morning to replicate the failure, and simply couldn't. Sorry about that, Banana Lord.

@Peter: If you give me some CLI output (with verbosity set to 3) I'll look into that when I get a chance.

@Dan: No problem, I'm just happy it's working :-) If it does happen again drop me a line.

Is there a way to tell the script not to abort when the cookie counter runs out? I don't really care about it and I'd rather the script continue running than having to have me restart it every time the counter runs out. I thought telling it that I didn't want it to farm semirares would solve the problem but it didn't.

Options:
    1) Don't eat cookies if you don't want it to abort when the cookie counter wears off.
    2) Set a dummy counterScript that does nothing, at least for the Fortune Cookie counter.
    3) Have your counterScript automatically farm semirares.
    4) Manually wipe the Fortune Cookie counter.

Is there a way to tell the script not to abort when the cookie counter runs out? I don't really care about it and I'd rather the script continue running than having to have me restart it every time the counter runs out. I thought telling it that I didn't want it to farm semirares would solve the problem but it didn't.
    Originally Posted by morwen View Post
    That should prevent it from eating a cookie, but if a cookie was eaten then this script has nothing to do with stopping (or not) to get it. If you use CounterChecker (linked in the first post) then you can get semi-rares without any more effort than running this script.

Actually Morwen, I think there may be something else going on here. I keep getting abort errors around the SR counter, but I don't think it's anything to do with Harvest... I'll post back here if I discover anything.

EDIT: Oh, well that was easy. If your problem is anything like mine then updating CounterChecker.ash will fix it. The transfunctioner update broke CounterChecker's handling of the 8-bit realm semi-rare, but because CounterChecker doesn't get called until well after you run Harvest it's highly likely that you won't be looking at mafia when it prompts you to update the script.

If you don't have a counterchecker I think Mafia aborts when your SR counters are up since you might want to do soemthing else then. So if that's the case here that is a probable cause at least...
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Hrm. I still have no idea why it's coming up. I updated counterchecker but that didn't seem to help and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to stop counting for semirares. I have everything set to NOT eat cookies, but I still get a message every 60-100 adventures or so saying that the counter stopped. I didn't know if there was an option in the harvest script for it, since there was for neocow (although there wasn't one in the vars file for harvest, so it was more of a double check kind of thing). Blahh. I'm just going to continue using neocow for now until I figure it out. I want it for the BHH anyway.