stannius' semi-automatic spaaace script

stannius

Version 1.0 released

Version 1.0 Changes:
Removed ", -0.001 moxie, -0.001 muscle" from SLG maximization; not sure what the Axel Courage formula is but it's definitely not "1 hp lost = 1 courage lost" so the -etc probably doesn't do anything useful.
Renamed file to a simple "spaaace.ash" now that the contest is over
De-olfact when switching zones. (Olfaction is still left as an exercise for the user)
Minimize switching of zones.
Add code for farming distention pills or dog hair pills. Use the spaaace_othergoal setting. Supported are distention pill, synthetic dog hair pill, map to safety shelter ronald prime, map to safety shelter grimace prime.

stannius

Version 1.1 Changes:
Incorporated code from slyz to make SubstituteOutShieldbutt method more robust. The code also works towards eventually handling combat within the script.

CRennings

I'm not sure if you have any intention of releasing a 0.3, but if so, would it be possible to have the script consider the best familiar for the situation. In my case, I've noticed that the script takes my baby gravy fairy for items, and my potato for, well, being a spud, when most of the time, for my purposes, my scarecrow could more effectively work both roles. If you've no intention of modifying it, no problem, I'll probably sift through it at some point when I'm less busy and edit out the familiar swapping lines. Finally, thanks a lot for a very nice script, I have gotten to the point where finishing the shield quest manually every aftercore is tedious, so this was much appreciated, and I have otherwise seen no flaws with it.

roippi

Developer
That is a function of zlib's best_fam() function. Zarqon has said that he doesn't really plan on adding hatrack/scarecrow support to it.

Stannius could add special handing that would check those, of course, but that's up to him. I don't think it would cut more than a single turn out of a given run, so it hardly seems worth the effort.

stannius

What roippi said. In general, figuring out "what is the best familiar for <x>" is actually pretty difficult.

I could also experiment with the "switch <familiar>" setting of mafia's modifier maximizer; but I've never used it before, so i don't know how (or how well) it works.

You could always use the 100% run zlib variable (preference):
Code:
zlib is_100_run = Scarecrow
Though, that's shared with other scripts, which you might run, so you might want to set it back afterwards.

NataliaM

I seem to be having a problem with this script lately (as of build 11090 or so). It seems to want to equip a costume sword and a cotton candy carnie, and then get booted because i can't kill anything. Did something change, or could someone point me to what I should be looking at, to make this extremely handy script work again?

stannius

I seem to be having a problem with this script lately (as of build 11090 or so). It seems to want to equip a costume sword and a cotton candy carnie, and then get booted because i can't kill anything. Did something change, or could someone point me to what I should be looking at, to make this extremely handy script work again?

What part of the script is doing that? Can you post some CLI output?

For even more info, you could also turn the verbosity level up, e.g. on the CLI enter
zlib verbosity = 10

stannius

Turned verbosity up to 10 and ran the script. Still doing the same thing. I don't know what the etiquette on log length is here, so I'll just link it to my site:
Spaace-Costume-Sword-Log

And after that you get the message "You can't hit anything here?"

You're a muscle class? What level/base mainstat? What's your combat strategy or custom combat script?

I should probably add a weight to initiative in the line
Code:
maximize initiative, DA, DR, 1 hand, +equip spooky little girl, +melee, 0.01 mainstat
since initiative is in %, it's kinda like 10 times as much as the other modifiers.

Last edited:

Theraze

If you get the message "You can't hit anything here" that means you're just using Attack with weapon as your combat strategy, because a CCS with "attack with weapon" as its only item will attack happily away until you're dead...

What's the best way to get the script to only use a fraction of your turns to farm distension pills and dog pills? The other day I wanted to use half my maps for each, and at the halfway point I ended up just mashing the stop button. It worked fine, but I figure there's a more elegant solution.

stannius

What's the best way to get the script to only use a fraction of your turns to farm distension pills and dog pills? The other day I wanted to use half my maps for each, and at the halfway point I ended up just mashing the stop button. It worked fine, but I figure there's a more elegant solution.

There isn't a more elegant solution, at least not in this script. You could use this script to farm maps and then Weatherboy's to use them. Except that "use this script to farm maps" would be equivalent to a vanilla "adventure * Grimacia"...

"Only use a certain number of adventures" is a common request of adventure-burning scripts. It's tricky to implement because mafia doesn't allow optional arguments to the main() function. Which means if a script wants to accept a number (e.g. of adventures) as an argument, then it has to require that argument, or at least some string that could then be interpreted (e.g. "*").

garjon

Here's a version of the script without using keywords for variables.

Attachments

• spaaace(No keywords).ash
    38.5 KB · Views: 65

Ferdawoon

Ehhm, lately, it seems that the script no longer recognize when I get the E.M.U Unit. It just burnt through 166 turns in the Domed City of Grimacia when the Unit was obtained ages ago.
This change happened maybe 3-4 weeks ago. Been using this script as part of my aftercore the last 15 or so ascensions: Get gear from the Sea, open Spaaace, burn any overdrunk turns there, ascend. Works a charm. Except these last two times the script have just continued. This ascension was a Slow and Steady-path so it took a while..
If I restart the script it say:
Code:
Changing "offhand" to "off-hand" would get rid of this message (spaaace.ash, line 595)
Saving initial character state.
Internal checkpoint created.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Conditions list cleared.
Next step: Acquire a(n) spooky little girl
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Transpondent, use 1 transporter transponder
Set mood trigger: When I get Beaten Up, abort
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Springy Fusilli, cast 1 Springy Fusilli
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
Finding best familiar of type "combat"...
First match for type "combat": Angry Goat
Clockwork Grapefruit is better than Angry Goat...
Ninja Snowflake is better than Clockwork Grapefruit...
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
A(n) chunk of rock salt would be helpful. Consider acquiring some.
A(n) deodorant would be helpful. Consider acquiring some.
Maximizing...
12992 combinations checked, best score 31.16
Putting on ring of conflict...
Equipment changed.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: spooky little girl

However, it is the little girl who lead up to getting the E.M.U Unit, meaning it will adventure at the Domed City of Grimacia until it find the girl, which can no longer appear since I already have the E.M.U Unit.
I manually equipped the Unit, spent a turn at the Shield Generator and voila, quest was done.

Ferdawoon

Managed to stop the script at the point it gets the E.M.U Unit
Code:
[1030] Domed City of Grimacia
Encounter: An E.M.U. for Y.O.U.
You acquire an item: E.M.U. Unit

Next step: Acquire a(n) E.M.U. rocket thrusters

So, for some reason it just go straight back to getting the parts again.

I just noticed that the place to get the reward changed since we wrote these.

Replace visit_url("spaaace.php?place=grimace");

with visit_url("place.php?whichplace=spaaacegrimace");.

I've been looking at my own for two weeks and stumbled on it tonight.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

I just noticed that the place to get the reward changed since we wrote these.

Replace visit_url("spaaace.php?place=grimace");

with visit_url("place.php?whichplace=spaaacegrimace");.

I've been looking at my own for two weeks and stumbled on it tonight.

Not sure if that was ment as a fix for me (as the reward was not the issue I had), but I did the change and it still go back to looking for Thrusters after getting the E.M.U.Unit
Code:
[2232] Domed City of Grimacia
Encounter: An E.M.U. for Y.O.U.
You acquire an item: E.M.U. Unit

Next step: Acquire a(n) E.M.U. rocket thrusters
Cleared mood.