Refreshing Drunkenness if Mafia finds it's adventuring in a Drunken Stupor

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Hey guys,

Obviously this is my fault but, because my drunkenness was only displaying at 19 (liver of steel), I just spent 100 adventures in a Drunken Stupor. I don't know how the disparity occurred, but why not have a quick fix for this in Mafia - if it finds you're adventuring in a drunken stupor but your drunkenness level is below max, it refreshes the drunkenness stat to make sure.

Awesome

Gausie

Bale

Minion
I'd like to suggest a much more generalized fix for this and related issues.

Whenever the charpane is refreshed mafia should update drunkeness levels. I've had mafia and my charpane disagree about my drunkeness as a result of lag. (In the past as well as today... damn iotm.) In order to make them agree I had to refresh session.

If mafia parsed that out of the charpane it might help prevent accidental overdrinking or drunken stupor adventuring.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Whenever the charpane is refreshed mafia should update drunkeness levels. I've had mafia and my charpane disagree about my drunkeness as a result of lag. (In the past as well as today... damn iotm.) In order to make them agree I had to refresh session.
I was under the impression that we do this already. We have an internal "inebriety level" that we get from the charpane, but we never increment it internally when you drink; we just depend on the charpane to tell us the new value when it refreshes.

In other words, we do exactly what you request.

Is there something else you think we should be doing?

slyz

Developer
For some reason, I thought Mafia did parse the charpane for your drunkeness. Apparently it only parses it from your character sheet though.

EDIT: Veracity posted that it is the case before I refreshed the thread... I guess I should go have another look at the code.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I was about to say that it's a good thing we have you to keep me honest. I think you are right and I am wrong. :)

I was thinking that we don't have an internal variable for inebriety, but obviously I am wrong. We don't have a setting for inebriety (unlike fullness and spleenitude) because KoL itself tells us the value - but you are absolutely correct that we get that from the CharPane, not the CharSheet.

I m not averse to refreshing from the CharPane every time, although it's little trickier than certain other things we refresh, since it's not always given the same label.

Last edited: