Feature - Implemented Display Fancy recipes without Fancy implements

mstieler

What I'm looking for is Mafia to show the recipes that require Queue du Coq/Dramatic Range/Tenderizing Hammer as greyed out, so show that I have the ingredients for it, but have yet to buy the Oven/Shaker/Hammer.

I have a tendency to forget about those things til a decent way into a run where I could have been crafting stuff already, but completely forget until I realize they take the fancy stuff.

Tenderizing Hammer is on there just for completeness' sake, since you can't Meatsmith without a hammer.

roippi

Developer
To reiterate what I said over on the GD thread:

Agreed. I believe that the behavior pre-fancy ingredients was to display recipes that required a kitchen implement if you had sufficient meat to buy the ingredients and oven/kit (another 1000). Somewhere in the fancy revamp this functionality was lost.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I agree that I would like mafia to somehow indicate to me that there are things I cannot create because I lack the "construction equipment". Given the possible sources for ingredients, such as the Mall, NPC stores, Clan Stash, Hagnk's, Closet, and Inventory and the varied availability, I'm not sure graying out something would serve as the best reminder since it is possible that obtaining the equipment would not immediately allow me to create something that I could not do before..

mstieler

Possibly another color for varied availability (non-NPC store), as Mafia includes NPC store buyables in recipes.

Theraze

Only NPC store buyables? The retrieval order wiki article seems to suggest that it will use mall store ingredients as well if you've enabled automatically buying from the mall... At least, that's my reading of
item creation, unless buying the item is enabled and appears to be cheaper than the cost of acquiring all the ingredients
If this only includes NPC ingredients, that should probably be added to the wiki article.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I believe that the behavior pre-fancy ingredients was to display recipes that required a kitchen implement if you had sufficient meat to buy the ingredients and oven/kit (another 1000). Somewhere in the fancy revamp this functionality was lost.
I believe you are correct. I see the code to actually do the purchase and installation, if you request a fancy recipe without the tool installed.

Revision 9389 will show you fancy items - food, booze, and smithing - even if you don't have the tool, if you have 1,000 (500 in Bad Moon) Meat available.

Untested. It will be a couple of days before I ascend again and don't have the tools.

mstieler

I believe you are correct. I see the code to actually do the purchase and installation, if you request a fancy recipe without the tool installed.

Revision 9389 will show you fancy items - food, booze, and smithing - even if you don't have the tool, if you have 1,000 (500 in Bad Moon) Meat available.

Untested. It will be a couple of days before I ascend again and don't have the tools.

I'll be able to test it here shortly, since I'm in an HCO run and have no need for food/booze, though have Pastamancery & Cocktailcrafting.

Edit: I have 5.9k meat, dry noodles & tomato, little paper umbrella & typical tavern swill. No Queue Du Coq or Dramatic Range at the campground.

Mafia says I can make Boring Spaghetti, Horizontal Tango, Roll in the Hay, & Fruity Girl Swill.

Creating a boring spaghetti has Mafia purchase a Dramatic Range, then cook the Spaghetti.

Success! Thanks Veracity!

Edit edit: I guess the only thing I'd ask is that those recipes note the fact that you're spending 500/1000 meat to craft the first one. Maybe a popup or something, like the "eat without milk"/"drink without Ode" ones?

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Thanks, Veracity.

Edit edit: I guess the only thing I'd ask is that those recipes note the fact that you're spending 500/1000 meat to craft the first one. Maybe a popup or something, like the "eat without milk"/"drink without Ode" ones?

Not sure that's necessary since it's a mandatory (okay, almost mandatory) once-per-ascension cost. Low priority, I guess.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This worked great for me. I told it to make milk of magnesium (which it showed me on the Creation panel), and KoLmafia purchased and installed a range and did it. I declare this fixed.