New Content - Implemented Bees Hate You

Theraze

Probably should mark that the Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery is purchasable from store 'r' during Bees Hate You. Or just mark it as always being there, though it won't actually be useful when out of path... Do we actually have an easy way to mark store availability by path?

slyz

Developer
The only other store I can think of that has different items on sale depending on your situation is the Hippy store. Mafia handles this by having separate "Hippy Store (Pre-War)", "Hippy Store (Hippy)" and "Hippy Store (Fratboy)" stores in npcstores.txt.

One solution is to add a "Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)" store, and add a check for inBeecore() in NPCStoreDatabase.canPurchase().

The other solution would be to add a special case for the Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery directly in NPCStoreDatabase.canPurchase().

Here is a patch that does the former. It works for me.

Attachments

• MassiveManualMarauderMockery.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 34

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Huh. I just added it to npcstores.txt and didn't worry about it. Revision 9358.
I'll continue to not worry about it and let you worry about it. :)

slyz

Developer
I think simply adding the Manual to the pirate shop can be a problem for people who wish to buy a Marauder Manual from the mall through Mafia, since Mafia will only try to buy from the NPC store (the same goes for people who try to buy an insult book after a Beecore run).

r9364 should do the trick (not tested after breaking the prism).

EDIT: After breaking the prism in a Bee run, your path is "None" apparently, so I thought the change wouldn't work as expected. It turns out that the pirate shop sells the insult book after you break the prism anyway, so this should be good in-run and in aftercore.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This nine page thread has become fairly cumbersome. We've put in a considerable amount of support already. In fact, I'm on my third Beecore run right now, and for the way I use KoLmafia, it's got everything I want. Not everybody uses KoLmafia the way I do, however, so some of the suggestions on this thread should remain open.

But, as I said, this thread is cumbersome, and I'd prefer if each such issue got split into its own thread. Perhaps some Minion would be interested in doing that? ;)

Here are the open suggestions I've seen:

1) Save server hits by refusing to use any item or familiar with a "b" in their name.

I suppose. But now that the Item Manager has !b filtering and the Gear Changer won't even show you "b" familiars, I think this is nice, but unnecessary. But what about combat items, via your CCS? A CCS with a "b" item should probably abort.

2) If you DO try to use a "b" item or familiar - in Item Manager, via CLI, via ASH, or in the Relay Browser - KoL will reject it. I am not convinced that KoLmafia recognizes all such messages - the familiar failure, in particular, since there didn't used to be a way to fail using one. If we fail to recognize the failure, we update our data model incorrectly. That would be a Bug. This is important.

Drinks: You are too scared of Bs to drink that item.
Food: You are too scared of Bs to consume that item.
Usable items (including potions and combat items usable form inventory): You are too scared of Bs to use that item. It'd be one thing if it was, like, important that you use it...
Familiars: You are too afraid of the Bs to adventure with that familiar.
Combat items: ???

3) If you are in Beecore, SorceressLair.makeGuardianItems() should make sure that you have 6 tropical orchids. For that matter, concoctions.txt should have this:

tropical orchid (6) SUSE packet of orchid seeds

4) Warn before folding into an item with a "b" since you cannot fold it back.

Meh. This is tricky, since you might have to fold THROUGH an item with a "b" to get to another item.

5) The Modifier Maximizer will suggest both equipment and consumables with "b"s when you are in Beecore. It should not show consumables, period, since you cannot use them. Equipment is trickier: you might be perfectly willing to take the hit from wearing (some) "b" equipment. Perhaps it could have a "Maximum Beeosity" spec. So:

5a) Modifier Maximizer should not show "b" consumables in Beecore (Bug)
5b) Modifier Maximzer should have a way to specify Maximum Beeosity for equipment in Beecore (Feature)

6) Put a "no b" checkbox in the Item Manager.

Nah. I think !b filtering is good enough, and gets around the problem of having to remove the checkbox when you free the king - or log out and back in with a character not in Beecore.

Winterbay

"You are too scared of Bs to use that item."
No matter if use 2 b-items, 1 b-item and another item or another item and a b-item (the first one does not get used either)

5) The Modifier Maximizer will suggest both equipment and consumables with "b"s when you are in Beecore. It should not show consumables, period, since you cannot use them. Equipment is trickier: you might be perfectly willing to take the hit from wearing (some) "b" equipment. Perhaps it could have a "Maximum Beeosity" spec. So:

5b) Modifier Maximzer should have a way to specify Maximum Beeosity for equipment in Beecore (Feature)

Oh yes please for 5b. That would help so much :)

Bale

Minion
This thread is being marked as implemented. All outstanding requests are being divided up as follows:

1) Save server hits by refusing to use any item or familiar with a "b" in their name.

I suppose. But now that the Item Manager has !b filtering and the Gear Changer won't even show you "b" familiars, I think this is nice, but unnecessary. But what about combat items, via your CCS? A CCS with a "b" item should probably abort.

New Thread: Mafia should refuse to use B items in Beecore

2) If you DO try to use a "b" item or familiar - in Item Manager, via CLI, via ASH, or in the Relay Browser - KoL will reject it. I am not convinced that KoLmafia recognizes all such messages - the familiar failure, in particular, since there didn't used to be a way to fail using one. If we fail to recognize the failure, we update our data model incorrectly. That would be a Bug. This is important.

Drinks: You are too scared of Bs to drink that item.
Food: You are too scared of Bs to consume that item.
Usable items (including potions and combat items usable form inventory): You are too scared of Bs to use that item. It'd be one thing if it was, like, important that you use it...
Familiars: You are too afraid of the Bs to adventure with that familiar.

New Thread: Recognize B Item failure messages in Beecore

3) If you are in Beecore, SorceressLair.makeGuardianItems() should make sure that you have 6 tropical orchids. For that matter, concoctions.txt should have this:

tropical orchid (6) SUSE packet of orchid seeds

New Thread: Sorceress' Tower is all BEES in Beecore

4) Warn before folding into an item with a "b" since you cannot fold it back.

Meh. This is tricky, since you might have to fold THROUGH an item with a "b" to get to another item.

New Thread: Warn before folding into an unfoldable B-item in Beecore

New Thread: Modifier Maximizer needs BeeCore features

6) Put a "no b" checkbox in the Item Manager.

Nah. I think !b filtering is good enough, and gets around the problem of having to remove the checkbox when you free the king - or log out and back in with a character not in Beecore.

New Thread: Put a "no b" checkbox in the Item Manager

I want a raise!

Last edited: