New Content - Implemented Bees Hate You

Bale

Minion
Scripts desperately need to be able to detect if you are on the Bees Hate You path. I suspect that Veracity is on this path imminently, but just in case, this is on my profile page:

Code:
<tr><td align=right>Sign:</td><td><b>The Blender</b></td></tr><tr><td align=right>Path:</td><td><b>Bees Hate You</b></td></tr><tr>

I already know that I need this to fix my newLife script. It's breaking when it tries to get a beanie for my bugbear :( and I cannot fix it without bee hatred detection. I suspect many other scripts will have such problems. Universal_recovery will probably also have trouble with B-word recovery items. :(

How about a function be_good(item) that returns true if you can use the item? It can detect if there is a b in the item name and if you are hated by bees. If both are true, then it returns false.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
On a Bad Bee run, disassembled clovers cannot be used.

Mafia should closet clovers instead, to avoid those scary Bees.

slyz

Developer
I haven't ascended yet, but I was about to start a thread about the Bee challenge mode. This is still being discovered, but what I have learned in chat is that:
  • You can't use familiars or items that have a "b" in their name (no using, eating, drinking, folding etc...)
  • At the start of each fight, you loose 10% of your max HP for each "b" in the names of the items you are wearing

Mafia already detects when KoL prevents you from using a specific item or familiar, right? That could potentially be a problem to monitor. Maybe Mafia's combat manager needs to be aware of what combat items you are barred from using (some vital ones that contain a "b" can still be used, like the Book of pirate insults).

Regarding Feature Requests that might pop up:
  • Save server hits by refusing to use any item or familiar with a "b" in their name.
  • Maybe Mafia could track how many "b"s you are wearing and show how much HP you will loose in the next fight. Should it prevent you from adventuring when the HP you will loose is greater than your current HP?
  • A clanny heard that people were reporting getting an all giant bee tower. If that is confirmed, the CLI "tower" command should know that you will need a tropical orchid for the next level.
  • Don't allow food, drinks or spleen items with a "b" to be added to the consumption queue.
  • Add a "don't show items with b" checkbox in the item manager, and in the Creatable section.
  • warn you before you fold an item into a form that has a "b" in its name, since you won't be able to fold it back.

EDIT: the disassembled clover one could be a problem ^^. Good thing there is a setting for that.

EDIT2: apparently you can use any skill without a problem.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I can confirm that the tower shows all bees when I look at it with my telescope.

Also Bale: Newbiesport tents are also unusable.

Alos, also: You can use quest items with bs in them, but it hurts like hell (i.e. you get beaten up)

Edit: it appears to me after some running aroundin the knob that the Mafia monster HP values are way off, so either there have been a change, the values are off from the beginning OR monsters with bees in their names get tougher because you hate bees...

Edit, edit: If I need 6 tropical orchards or not when i get to the tower is another thign though...

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's a Path, eh? Right now, we use path only for consumption restrictions. We may need to generalize that a bit.

We actually detect path in three places:

api.php
charsheet.php
account.php

You gave me the text on the charsheet.
I assume api.php has "path":"Bees Hate You" in it.

For account.php, I assume there is something like:

Code:
<input class=button name="action" type="submit" value="Drop Bees Hate You">

Can you confirm, please?

Edit: "I suspect that Veracity is on this path imminently"

Soon, but not imminent. From what has been reported about the astral rewards, I qualify for all of them (7 of my 30+ 100% familiar runs were actually Gash to Gash. Who knew?) except the "you have yoinked 300 items" one. That will take a day or two to accomplish, I suspect.

Plus, I simply do not have time to actually play turns in lag conditions like we have now. Automate, yes. Sit and wait for pages to load in the Relay Browser, no. So, yes - later this week, I will take up this Challenge.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
"path":"4" for Bee path from api.php

<input class="button" name="action" value="Drop Bees Hate You" type="submit"> from account.php

<td align="right">Path:</td><td><b>Bees Hate You</b></td> from charsheet.php

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. Try revision 9307. That gets the path from api.php and account.php (I need to see where Path: is on the char sheet to get it there. No big deal.)
I added two ASH functions: my_sign() and my_path() to get zodiac sign and path.

Darzil

Developer
I can confirm that the tower shows all bees when I look at it with my telescope.
I don't see that, or anything, with 5 telescope sections, but it probably is the case.
Edit: it appears to me after some running aroundin the knob that the Mafia monster HP values are way off, so either there have been a change, the values are off from the beginning OR monsters with bees in their names get tougher because you hate bees...
Yes, looks like Monsters with B's in the name hit harder and have more HP, so maybe have more ML. Spades, to work!
Edit, edit: If I need 6 tropical orchards or not when i get to the tower is another thign though...
Almost certainly, as you can get 6 from one shore trip.

Winterbay

New item from the myst trip "packet of orchid seeds" which gives 6 tropical orchids (according to the forum discussion).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How about a function be_good(item) that returns true if you can use the item? It can detect if there is a b in the item name and if you are hated by bees. If both are true, then it returns false.
OK, here you go.

Code:
boolean be_good( item it )
{
	return my_path() != "Bees Hate You" || item.to_string().to_lower_case.index_of( "b" ) == -1;
}

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. If you use KoLmafia's internal HP/MP recovery, certain items are not available in Beecore, eh? Looks like we'll need an internal equivalent of be_good().

And attempting to "use" any disallowed item will fail with some new message?

Grumble.

Winterbay

And attempting to "use" any disallowed item will fail with some new message?

Drinks: You are too scared of Bs to drink that item.
Food: You are too scared of Bs to consume that item.
Usable items (including potions and combat items usable form inventory): You are too scared of Bs to use that item. It'd be one thing if it was, like, important that you use it...
Usable important items:
Code:
You overcome your fear of Bs and use the item, but the Bs take it out on you.
You lose 25 hit points.
You acquire an effect: Beaten Up
(duration: 3 Adventures)
(you lose whatever your current HP is)

Theraze

OK, here you go.

Code:
{
	return my_path() != "Bees Hate You" || item.to_string().to_lower_case.index_of( "b" ) == -1;
}

Tried this, had a few problems. Needed to change item. to it. and add the () after to_lower_case. Otherwise, should be lovely. Thanks!
Code:
{
  return my_path() != "Bees Hate You" || it.to_string().to_lower_case().index_of( "b" ) == -1;
}

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9310 does clover protection in BeeCore via closeting clovers, rather disassembling them. It also detects item use failures due to "You are too scared of Bs" and does not deduct the item from inventory.

Winterbay

It would be great if the item manager could not show food and booze items that contain the letter b as well so that you don't have to search around (as much) for what you can eat and drink.

slyz

Developer
Thanks for the quick changes. I'll try to have a good hard look at CreateItemPanel.java to see if I can add this feature:
  • Add a "don't show items with b" checkbox in the item manager, and in the Creatable section.

Same thing for
  • Don't allow food, drinks or spleen items with a "b" to be added to the consumption queue.