Feature - Implemented set location to $location[none] when using items that lead to combats

picklish

my_location() is the last adventured location when fighting a monster from an item

I used a photocopied monster from inventory and my between battle script detected that my_location() was the hidden temple, so it switched my familiar to the mini-hipster away from the obtuse angel that I would have preferred to be using.

I don't know what the right answer here is (maybe $location[none]?), but using the last value doesn't seem right.

zarqon

This would not only be more accurate, it would improve the functionality of existing betweenBattleScripts, restore scripts, mood scripts, etc. It may even allow additional uses for them.

Examples:

• Bale's UR only restores up to 1 HP when adventuring in the Hidden Temple. Your last adventure was there. You then decide to fight a series of puttied lobsterfrogmen. After each fight, UR believes you are still in the temple and restores only 1 HP. Ouch!
  • BBB will not automatically adjust the MCD for ML-sensitive locations like the Boss Bat's Chamber or the Slime Tube. If you adventure in one of these locations, then fax in a monster you have difficulty defeating, BBB won't adjust your MCD because it thinks you're still in the sensitive location.
  • Your aftercore DB was adventuring in the Sea all day. On logout, you fax in and duplicate (4-d camera, spooky putty) some monsters to farm valuable items or get an outfit (TP tree, scary pirates, etc). SmartStasis decides not to cast your DB combos to get the outfit, due to the high underwater item drop penalty (you're no longer wearing pressure reducing gear), despite not being underwater.

...to name a few.