Bug - Fixed Stickers not detected after applying to weapon

AtlanteanScion

When using stickers via the CLI command or the Gear Changer, Mafia reports that the equipment was changed, yet seems to internally think that the sticker slots are still empty. Subsequent uses of the sticker CLI command reports the error: "Odd. You already have a sticker in that spot." The disparity can be remedied by calling "refresh stickers" from the CLI, as this appears to update the internal state correctly. Of course, the bug will occur again the next time that I need to reapply stickers.

I tested a few builds today and found that this is working in build 9246 and failing in subsequent builds. The bug was introduced with KoLmafia v14.5 r9247.

CLI Log:

> stickers unicorn, unicorn, unicorn

Putting on scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker...
Equipment changed.
Equipment changed.
Equipment changed.

Odd. You already have a sticker in that spot.

> refresh stickers

Refreshing stickers...

Hat: bounty-hunting helmet
Weapon: scratch 'n' sniff sword
Off-hand: spiky turtle shield
Shirt: BGE 'cuddly critter' shirt
Pants: bounty-hunting pants

Acc. 1: Mr. Accessory Jr. (2)
Acc. 2: Mr. Accessory Jr. (2)
Acc. 3: Mr. Accessory Jr. (2)

Pet: Jumpsuited Hound Dog (45 lbs)
Item: little box of fireworks

Sticker 1: scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker (20)
Sticker 2: scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker (20)
Sticker 3: scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker (20)
Requests complete.

Bale

Minion
I'm having a little trouble understanding your problem, so please clarify.

It sounds to me as if you applied stickers and that worked, so you applied stickers again and it complained because you already had stickers applied (but you don't like the complaint?) which is correct. So you refreshed inventory and it verified that it does indeed have stickers in the slots in which it complained about previously having stickers. That's what your CLI log shows.

That sounds to me as if it is working properly, so I'm sure you failed to communicate your problem.

slyz

Developer
I have run acrosse the same problem yesterday and today, with the Gear Changer. The Gear Changer's "Sticker" slots were correctly showing the stickers I had just applied, but it looks like the same stickers were re-applied (giving the same "Odd. You already have a sticker in that spot.") the next time I changed a piece of equipment through the Gear Changer.

Putting on a sticker in an empty spot with the Gear Changer:
Code:
Putting on scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker...
Equipment changed.
Simply removing my shield, without changing anything in the sticker section (which correctly shows the wrestler sticker equipped):
Code:
Taking off hot plate...
Equipment changed.
Putting on scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker...
[COLOR="#ff0000"]Odd. You already have a sticker in that spot[/COLOR]

EDIT: to answer Bale's question, that message is a KoL error message that Mafia is simply passing on, it doesn't mean much. I think that Mafia's usual behavior is to not replace existing stickers by the same sticker (ie, in AtlanteanScion's case, the second request to stick unicorns shouldn't have done anything).

Last edited:

AtlanteanScion

Wow, that was fast! It's working great now! Thanks so much Veracity!

EDIT: to answer Bale's question, that message is a KoL error message that Mafia is simply passing on, it doesn't mean much. I think that Mafia's usual behavior is to not replace existing stickers by the same sticker (ie, in AtlanteanScion's case, the second request to stick unicorns shouldn't have done anything).

Thanks slyz, that's it exactly. I commonly have "stickers unicorn, unicorn, unicorn" in my mood as an unconditional trigger. I guess I took for granted the no-op effect of repeated executions of CLI stickers; I should have stated that explicitly. Sorry for the confusion Bale.