BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Crowther

Updated Weapon of the Pastalord to the new formula. Tested to confirm. It does not correctly handle elemental tuning.

Also, the Saucegeyser formula doesn't not handle monster groups

Crowther

Fearful Fettucini updated. The speculation on the wiki seems right. It seems to match Weapon of the Pastalord.

Crowther

Disco Shank only did 51 damage with 920 buffed moxie and a soap knife. Both the wiki and WHAM/batfactors predicted 277 damage without including the knife damage. The wiki says add it, BatBrain doesn't know about that part, yet, but I ran out of whatever spades run on for the night.

EDIT: Drat. I also missed getting ready for rollover.

jbouzanquet

Wow, thanks for the spading effort. I really should check if the predictions are matching for the AT combat skills, as long as I'm in this long aftercore. Level 40 makes testing the high end much easier.

zarqon

Thanks for your spading efforts Crowther. As you yourself posted earlier, I'm also having a hard time keeping up with all the changes to the game lately. Just thinking about scripting makes me tired rather than excited like it used to. So I very much appreciate your efforts.

I've applied your patch, but I have some questions before pushing it out.

Weapon of the Pastalord ... It does not correctly handle elemental tuning.

I've fixed this dang spell roughly a dozen times, I think. I definitely had it working correctly on my last PM run. In what way does BatBrain incorrectly handle it? Does it fail to split the damage between elemental and physical when the damage is tuned? Or does it split the damage even when it should not be (I note there's an "in-game bug" about this on the Wiki now).

Also, the Saucegeyser formula doesn't not handle monster groups

So... that's good right? At least, that isn't not good.

Crowther

So complicated. I didn't see where in the BatBrain Weapon of the Pastalord handled the splitting of damage, so I "assumed" it didn't work, but I'll admit I didn't test it, so that wasn't right to say.

Saucegeyser does up to 3x damage against group monsters. With my updated formula, WHAM was only predicting 1/3 the damage against School of Many that I saw in KoL. So I figured it had to be the group monster effect was missing. There's probably some easy way to add that, but I don't know what it is.

Just now I did a bunch more spading on Disc Shank. For an AT, there's no moxie bonus, because momentum is zero. The batfactors.txt formula has a minimum momentum bonus of 1 from "max(1,momentum)". Without that and adding knife damage, then things match KoL. The wiki doesn't list a minimum momentum bonus. I don't have a Disco Bandit to test on. I could see it being different there. Of course, BatBrain.ash would need some kind of find-your-best-knife code. I've updated batfactors.txt to remove the "max(1," stuff, since even though I can't test on a DB, the wiki agrees with what I found. That's still not done without best-knife code.

Crowther

I finally tested Weapon of the Pastalord. With Spirit of Peppermint, I cast it against a Ninja Snowman. The damage predicted by WHAM was the full damage. In KoL only half damage +1 cold was done. So in my testing, Weapon of the Pastalord is correct now with the wiki formula, except for the elemental tuning part.

Winterbay

I finally tested Weapon of the Pastalord. With Spirit of Peppermint, I cast it against a Ninja Snowman. The damage predicted by WHAM was the full damage. In KoL only half damage +1 cold was done. So in my testing, Weapon of the Pastalord is correct now with the wiki formula, except for the elemental tuning part.

I think it may only be the tuning against resistant monsters that doesn't work. I may be wrong though.

Crowther

I just ran some tests of Lunge Smack. Or is it called Lunge-Smack? I saw both. I think batfactors.txt is using the old name. I really didn't understand the wiki or what this skill does, so I couldn't compute things by hand. However, WHAM/BatBrain estimations matched what I saw with KoL, including the bonus +5 cold damage due to cold shoulder. There's a handful of Seal Clubber bonuses, which I didn't test.

Crowther

Stream of Sauce works perfectly when capped (52 hot), but I brought my buffed myst down to 1 (I love all the new debuffing items). My damage was still 52 hot, but WHAM now predicted I'd only do 30 hot. The wiki says it scales with buffed myst, but I think maybe it scales with unbuffed myst or is there some special rule when buffed myst is lower than unbuffed myst? I can't test this more, since I don't have any characters with less than 100 base mystical.

Crowther

Thrust-Smack seems to be working correctly. It's so hard to tell when there's RNG swing. I don't understand the formulas, but WHAM's prediction seems pretty much the center of my handful of smacks.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
1. Jung jar
2. +spell damage, +scaling*myst should be the two factors taken into account for determining caps. Is that not the case? With +100% spell damage, 10 spell damage from intrinsic, and 1 buffed myst (7k unbuffed), I'm doing 38/40/42 damage. That would suggest base damage is 9-11. IIRC, scaling was 20% with a cap of 24, but I'll have to recheck that, since the formula I saw was totally wrong.

edit: 15 buffed myst (same other parameters) -> 44/46/48 damage, which suggests that's +3 damage. Indeed looks like stream of sauce is 9-11 + 20% myst, capped at 24 (I confirmed this separately).

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Easy way to test thrust-smack is to eliminate weapon variation from the equation, by fighting barehanded or having a net negative weapon damage modifier (e.g. costume sword). But in principle, the only randomness in weapon damage should come from the base weapon damage.

Crowther

Easy way to test thrust-smack is to eliminate weapon variation from the equation, by fighting barehanded or having a net negative weapon damage modifier (e.g. costume sword). But in principle, the only randomness in weapon damage should come from the base weapon damage.
That's very helpful advice. I only ever spaded spells before and those were the nutty Jarlsberg ones.

Crowther

1. Jung jar
2. +spell damage, +scaling*myst should be the two factors taken into account for determining caps. Is that not the case? With +100% spell damage, 10 spell damage from intrinsic, and 1 buffed myst (7k unbuffed), I'm doing 38/40/42 damage. That would suggest base damage is 9-11. IIRC, scaling was 20% with a cap of 24, but I'll have to recheck that, since the formula I saw was totally wrong.

edit: 15 buffed myst (same other parameters) -> 44/46/48 damage, which suggests that's +3 damage. Indeed looks like stream of sauce is 9-11 + 20% myst, capped at 24 (I confirmed this separately).
Strange. With Stream of Sauce, I got no spread at all (I stopped counting after 9 casts were all 52 damage), but I was running lots of +%Spell Damage (120%), since I had on a Navel Ring for free run aways. HOA zombie eyes have All Attributes -100%, which is great for this stuff. I also had +10 from spicyness. I wonder if there's a post %Spell Damage cap. . . I'll check that out.

EDIT: lol
You blast him with a stream of hot Hollandaise sauce, dealing no damage.
WHAM predicted I'd heal my foe 4HP. :D
I guess running -130% Spell Damage wasn't very informative. Although I guess I found a bug of very little concern. You can't do negative damage which Stream of Sauce, be we predicted you could.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
There is not a post-spell% cap. It looks like you were hitting the damage cap pre-spell%, since the damage you saw is floor(24*2.2).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
One more note: It's a hell of a lot easier to spade spell damage formulas when your +spell% is an even multiple of 100, since then you don't have to worry about which direction the rounding goes.

Also, I retested most of the sauce spells.
Salsaball: 2-3+0*myst, cap 8.
Stream of Sauce: 9-11+0.2*myst, cap 24.
Saucestorm: 2 hits of 20-24+0.2*myst, cap 50.
Käsesoßesturm: 33-38+0.4*myst, cap 100. (Yeah, this one was weird.)
Surge of Icing: 14-18+0.2*myst. unchanged. Unaffected by Intrinsic Spiciness.
Wave of Sauce: 35-40+0.3*myst, cap 100.
Saucecicle: 35-40+0.3*myst, cap 150.

Crowther

I'm just not getting any spread with Stream of Sauce or any effect from myst. I'm going to move on. My goal was to add spells which had been spaded and I could verify. If I spade every spell, I'll never got to most of them.
spell damage percent: 20
spell damage: 10
buffedmys: 1
ACTUAL: 28, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28

spell damage percent: 20
spell damage: 10
buffedmys: 171
ACTUAL: 28, 28, 28, 28, 28, 57 (critical)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Again, I suspect you have some other source of +spell that you're not accounting for. With capped Intrinsic Spiciness, Stream of Sauce has a very small window in which it actually varies.