Page 202 of 212 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2113

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Everything is stun immune at that ML.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 06-27-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Batbrain surprised me this morning: it was able to beat Granny Hackleton. Normally I fight the L & T bosses manually but I miscounted the number of turns I'd been in the zone. It used some hard to replace (Hobopolis) combat items but it won the combat.

Awesome!

And now maybe you have chosen a few more things to blacklist. :P

Question: stun immunity and stagger immunity aren't the same, right? My understanding was that a stun immune monster will still not act for one round when using a stun item, because the monster is busy shrugging the stun. But a stagger-immune monster will shrug it and also attack, giving the "Unfazed" message. This message is what prompts BatBrain to suggest editing batfactors in the manner reported a few posts earlier. Is my understanding in error? I spend basically no time at +ML > 200.
    Last edited by zarqon; 06-28-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Developer

stun immunity is a % chance to shrug off a multi-round stun on a given round after the first. Stagger immunity bypasses stun resistance entirely, even on the first round of a multi-round stun.

(also, the threshold for stagger immunity is > 150 ML)

Batman_RE seems to think that attacking with one's weapon will actually DO some damage to Source Agents. Also, I keep getting beat up because WHAM tries to attack source agents with my weapon. I'm assuming this can be traced back to Batbrain?

I'm assuming this can be traced back to Batbrain?
    Originally Posted by Lxndr View Post
    Yes. I've yet to have Batbrain/Smartstasis/WHAM work well against Source Agents. My CCS for those consists of "Abort".

It's a bit of an edge case but I'm going for the level thirty Avatar of Jarlsberg trophy and I'm fighting monsters in the Sloppy Seconds Diner at high ML, via the non-combat choices in the diner.

Batbrain/WHAM is choosing Fry as the first choice of combat skill and that is doing a single point of damage against the monsters in most cases. Pretty much any Jarlsberg combat skill seems to work more reliably than Fry in this zone at this ML.

Here's a snippet of a sample combat with zlib verbosity set to 10:

Code:
    > WHAM: Fry: 387.00 potential damage (raw damage: 1400.00) and a hitchance of 100.00%.
    I guess that tells me why Fry is chosen. It's a low MP cost skill with a 100% of massive damage. The problem is that Fry damage is reduced to 1 in this case.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 07-15-2016 at 10:35 AM.

@Lxndr et al.: I haven't been able to debug the Source agents issue without actually doing that path, so it will have to wait until I get there -- which probably will be within the next couple weeks, hopefully. The agents are correctly flagged as "dodge 1.0", meaning that the "attack" action ought to have a hitchance of 0%. Something about that is evidently not working correctly.

@Magus: Why is the Fry damage reduced to 1? I read the relevant Wiki pages but see nothing to indicate that monsters there have any special immunities. Elemental resistance from +ML is capped at 50% so that's probably not it. Whatever the reason, it's clearly something BatBrain doesn't know about.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Fry does sleaze damage, and the monsters there are sleaze aligned.

Oh right, I was thinking Fry was hot damage. Still, no less confusing, as mafia has those correctly as sleaze monsters and BatBrain has been handling elemental resistances since it was just a batling.

Magus, what did the RES information printed to your CLI say for those monsters?
    Sig by JakAtk