BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

AlbinoRhino

But 20MP is an awful lot to be casting every fight in early game, which is why I haven't added it to SS yet. Opinions?

I find that I want to tolerate the expense in the early game, so that, when it comes time to eat/drink, I am able to extrude some stuff.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And if you are willing to spend a few days in aftercore extruding SPAM chips, you can bring the cost down to 10 mp.

zarqon

My reason for mentioning 20MP specifically is that if we make it a custom action, SS will always try to cast it even for those with no discounts, and that's a lot of MP. I ended up cheating TWO Mickey Mantles my first run with the Terminal (granted, I was also Extracting Oil too) and UR active.

[206] Uncle Gator's Country Fun-Time Liquid Waste Sluice
Encounter: Gurgle the Turgle
Round 0: txranger wins initiative!
Round 1: You lose 120 hit points
Round 1: SshoQogobotobodotototototo slaps your opponent repeatedly in the face with noodly tentacles, preventing its attack. "Agh, cut that out!" it yells, annoyed.
> This monster is stun immune! That information should be added to batfactors.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
How much +ML are you running in the zone? Remember that ML is multiplied by 3 (or 5, if you activated the corresponding protocol).

Magus_Prime

Batbrain surprised me this morning: it was able to beat Granny Hackleton. :eek: Normally I fight the L & T bosses manually but I miscounted the number of turns I'd been in the zone. It used some hard to replace (Hobopolis) combat items but it won the combat.

zarqon

Awesome! :D

And now maybe you have chosen a few more things to blacklist. :p

Question: stun immunity and stagger immunity aren't the same, right? My understanding was that a stun immune monster will still not act for one round when using a stun item, because the monster is busy shrugging the stun. But a stagger-immune monster will shrug it and also attack, giving the "Unfazed" message. This message is what prompts BatBrain to suggest editing batfactors in the manner reported a few posts earlier. Is my understanding in error? I spend basically no time at +ML > 200.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
stun immunity is a % chance to shrug off a multi-round stun on a given round after the first. Stagger immunity bypasses stun resistance entirely, even on the first round of a multi-round stun.

(also, the threshold for stagger immunity is > 150 ML)

Lxndr

Batman_RE seems to think that attacking with one's weapon will actually DO some damage to Source Agents. Also, I keep getting beat up because WHAM tries to attack source agents with my weapon. I'm assuming this can be traced back to Batbrain?

Magus_Prime

It's a bit of an edge case but I'm going for the level thirty Avatar of Jarlsberg trophy and I'm fighting monsters in the Sloppy Seconds Diner at high ML, via the non-combat choices in the diner.

Batbrain/WHAM is choosing Fry as the first choice of combat skill and that is doing a single point of damage against the monsters in most cases. Pretty much any Jarlsberg combat skill seems to work more reliably than Fry in this zone at this ML.

Here's a snippet of a sample combat with zlib verbosity set to 10:

Code:
> WHAM: Fry: 387.00 potential damage (raw damage: 1400.00) and a hitchance of 100.00%.

I guess that tells me why Fry is chosen. It's a low MP cost skill with a 100% of massive damage. The problem is that Fry damage is reduced to 1 in this case.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

zarqon

@Lxndr et al.: I haven't been able to debug the Source agents issue without actually doing that path, so it will have to wait until I get there -- which probably will be within the next couple weeks, hopefully. The agents are correctly flagged as "dodge 1.0", meaning that the "attack" action ought to have a hitchance of 0%. Something about that is evidently not working correctly.

@Magus: Why is the Fry damage reduced to 1? I read the relevant Wiki pages but see nothing to indicate that monsters there have any special immunities. Elemental resistance from +ML is capped at 50% so that's probably not it. Whatever the reason, it's clearly something BatBrain doesn't know about.

zarqon

Oh right, I was thinking Fry was hot damage. Still, no less confusing, as mafia has those correctly as sleaze monsters and BatBrain has been handling elemental resistances since it was just a batling.

Magus, what did the RES information printed to your CLI say for those monsters?