BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Crowther

BatBrain thinks I can hit The Beast with 2,698 Ears 94% of the time with a normal attack, but after over a dozen attacks, I can't hit it. The wiki formula says both attack and defense would be 2698. Mafia's monster.txt says defense is 90% of that +25ML or 2451. My buffed muscle (melee attack) is 2536. This character does not have a monster Manuel. Mafia's formula appears to be wrong, but is the wiki one right?

I'm asking here, because this is where people care most about getting it right. I might be able to spade it myself, but I'm not sure how busy I'll be.

Fluxxdog

I have a MM and just finished a basement run recently. I remember the monsters having equal attack and defense.

Crowther

Surely you can use a tongue depressor?
My "normal" characters both have MM, so I totally forgot that was added.
I have a MM and just finished a basement run recently. I remember the monsters having equal attack and defense.
Yup. I'm there with Manuel now and neither Mafia nor the wiki is right. Or they're both half right, if you're a half full kind of person. I'll submit a bug report.

Crowther

I think that BatBrain is what's causing my issue, but with the way that BB, SS, and WHAM interact, it's never obvious.

Basically, SS is repeatedly using the spectre sceptre while I have a grimstone golem in my Buddy Bjorn. I turned on BatMan RE to see what was going on, and it seems that BatBrain is giving that particular item a value of 7,686.05 units. Now, I think this is because the grimstone mask is worth 23,500 meat in the mall, and the bjornified golem has a chance of dropping the mask. But it only drops the mask once per day, so it really shouldn't be giving such a high value to stasis after the first mask drop of the day. For what it's worth, it seems that the drop status is stored in _grimstoneMaskDropsCrown, so that might point someone in the right direction.

All I know is that if I don't want to be healing after every fight, I have to drop someone else in the bjorn.
Okay, this started bothering me enough to look into it. I was losing fights, when there was no reason to stasis. Here's my patch. Totally untested and probably wrong. All my characters are drunk. Whenever I have that problem, I'm too busy to fix it. When I have time to fix it, I can't test it. I should know tomorrow if it worked.

EDIT: Ooops. Forgot to "break".

Attachments

• grim.patch.txt
    777 bytes · Views: 42

Crowther

I've made an attempt at supporting the new Fun-Guy Playmates. It's ugly and incomplete. I'm sure plenty of words are missing, some are still unknown. I didn't know what to do for pets and deleveling. I also didn't know how to say "no spells", so I said "no skills" instead, which is wrong in very important ways. It worked pretty well for a while. Then the effects started to add up. I'm still not sure how you defeat one that resists all elements and physical damage. I tried a shard of double ice and a stench spell, but that didn't work either. Before things got out of hard, it was cool to watch WHAM pick out cheaper ways to kill them than Harpoon!

So here's the patch. It will get you beaten up, but hopefully this will lead to something better. I added a bunch of new words to ckb's spreadsheet.

Attachments

• funguy.patch.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 26

Bale

Minion
I'm still not sure how you defeat one that resists all elements and physical damage.

I ran into one of those also! The solution I found was Carbohydrate Cudgel, but I've heard deep in the dungeon they become immune to insta-kill attacks, so there has to be a better way.

xKiv

I tried a shard of double ice and a stench spell, but that didn't work either.

Shard of double-ice and *sleaze* attack. Either bawdy refrain (which I don't have), or space tourist phaser plus high moxie plus hope that ~30 rounds is enough to hit one out of five elements at least once.
(they are never special-immune to sleaze, so tuning them to cold makes them reliably killable by sleaze; but they can still resist sleaze spells and sleaze items).
Mine are up to ~6k ML. I want to see if they go over 11111 or are capped there too.

Crowther

Right. Of course it should have been sleazy (I used mudbath). I was pretty burned out by then. One of those insane "hurry up and wait" days at work and I was messing with it during the waits.

Mine reset when I ascended, but that helped me get things coded without so much complexity.

Crowther

I did a messy hack of BatBrain.ash to add "nospells". There was already support for a few monsters (beer golem, some skeletons, etc), but it's not the same way "noskills" is handled. The place where beer golem and others are handled doesn't have access to turn-offs. I think a "nospells" that works like "noskills" is needed, but I'm not up to that task. I'm not saying it's needed for Fun-Guy, but it seems to have become a regular enough distinction and it would clean up the existing code.

Is there a reason to fight Fun-Guy Playgirls? Because I'm sick of it.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Also: xKiv, your other option is haggis soap! Haggis!

also missing 1/5 chance 30 times in a row happens about 0.1% of the time. You're in luck!

torne

Not sure if this is a bug in BatBrain or mafia, but BatMan RE keeps suggesting I use a book of matches to kill monsters; it thinks there is no cost to using it, since $item[book of matches].reusable == true. However, if used *in combat* it's consumed...

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hello! I'm starting to spade general ML changes!

I think it's known in general that stagger immunity starts at 151. Not sure what stun threshold is, or if it ramps up, or what.

Damage resistance is just (ML/4)%, rounded down to the nearest percent and capped at 50%. Elemental autohit I guess needs testing.