Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2160

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

My copy of batfactors is dated 7/15/2018 so I'd say it is updating.

I think I found a minor bug, which would sometimes cause add_skill to mistakenly return early, causing no skills to be added to the list of available combat options. Changing line 1273 from
    Code:
    if (fields.special.contains_text("custom attract") && (have_effect($effect[on the trail]) > 0 || happened("attracted")) || are_attracting()) return;
    to
    Code:
    if (fields.special.contains_text("custom attract") && (have_effect($effect[on the trail]) > 0 || happened("attracted") || are_attracting())) return;
    seems to have fixed it for me.

Excellent bugsleuthsmanship! Oh, what a difference a parenthesis placement makes. That's an important bug to squash, so r114.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

r115 Update

I've been adding support for FantasyRealm monsters as I go through collecting factoids, and today as I was fighting flocks of every birds, I decided to consolidate a lot of special case code for monsters that can only be damaged by area of effect skills/items. Such monsters can now be designated in batfactors using the onlyhurtby keyword, by specifying onlyhurtby aoe.

It also brought to light at least two errors with the old code, where non-aoe actions were getting through into opts[]. This new method will catch any damage source not flagged as aoe.

It also also brought to light something interesting: it appears that Käsesoßesturm is no longer an area of effect spell. The birds are unaffected by it. I tried it against a clan of cave bars, and it behaved as it would versus a single target (no "two of them" wording like what appeared when I followed up with Cannelloni Cannon). So that's something a person with Wiki access may want to change.

While I was at it, I added support for Sing Along, and a "note" field for monsters.

Enjoy!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

So that's something a person with Wiki access may want to change.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Done. Thanks for the updates!

Interestingly, Käsesoßesturm was not listed in group damage skills.

Developer

Is there anything preventing multiple sixgun usage in a fight? I have a consult script using batbrain where I tell it to use a porquoise-handled sixgun then in a later round attack_action() returns a hamethyst-handled sixgun and the combat aborts due the second sixgun being unusable.

Is there anything preventing multiple sixgun usage in a fight? I have a consult script using batbrain where I tell it to use a porquoise-handled sixgun then in a later round attack_action() returns a hamethyst-handled sixgun and the combat aborts due the second sixgun being unusable.
    Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
    Yeah, that’s not allowed. You see, your character is absolutely terrible with six-guns (note that they shoot all six bullets and only hit once), and they can’t remember which gun they’ve fired that battle. So they assume all of them are empty, and just reload all of them later.

Now, if you’re playing as an Avatar of West of Loathing, that’s a different story. They aren’t used as combat items then, however.

Any chance you can add support for Disguises Delimit enemy masks? Most of them should be fairly easy to implement, I think, since they have mechanics BatBrain is already coded to understand.

Is there anything preventing multiple sixgun usage in a fight?
    Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
    No, there was no such logic in place for sixguns. r118 adds a "sixgun" happening if you use one, and will ignore all sixguns from that point on.

@Saklad5: Tell me what the string is in random_modifiers for each mask and I can add support. I'm not going to get to Disguises Delimit for a few weeks yet myself.
    Last edited by zarqon; 08-26-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Sig by JakAtk

Here's a BatBrain with all of the case changes to validate.
    Attached Files