BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

zarqon

I also have updated it once or twice. :)

For all the aforementioned who care about adding support for things to batfactors -- or particularly for those too lazy to do it -- I've attached a tool (battest.ash) I use to check for things missing from batfactors. You're all good enough coders that I'll simply show rather than tell:

> battest items

item 5515 pog #01 (spider)
item 5516 pog #02 (Knob goblin)
item 5517 pog #03 (warwelf)
item 5518 pog #04 (skleleton)
item 5519 pog #05 (ninja snowman)
item 5520 pog #06 (filthy hippy)
item 5521 pog #07 (orcish frat boy)
item 5522 pog #08 (hellion)
item 5523 pog #09 (pirate)
item 5524 pog #10 (hobo)
item 5525 pog #11 (Naughty Sorceress)
item 6714 short calculator
item 7105 anise-flavored venom
item 7192 throwing knife
item 7243 red button
item 7548 hot ashes
item 8653 stink-penny
item 8829 replica bat-oomerang
item 8838 exploding gum
item 8888 Pecos Dave's sixgun
item 8892 El Vibrato restraints
item 8898 realistic cap gun
item 8914 reliable sixgun
item 8923 strange disc (white)
item 8924 strange disc (black)
item 8925 strange disc (red)
item 8926 strange disc (green)
item 8927 strange disc (blue)
item 8928 strange disc (yellow)
item 8931 rinky-dink sixgun
item 8932 makeshift sixgun
item 8933 custom sixgun
item 8934 baconstone-handled sixgun
item 8935 porquoise-handled sixgun
item 8936 hamethyst-handled sixgun
item 8970 toy sixgun
Total missing: 36

It gives results in a form fairly easy to paste into batfactors. Also, what you can't see here is that the names are clicky to the Wiki. This also works for most other batfactors categories, or you can use "all" if you want to be overwhelmed. I've mostly only been able to stay fairly current on skills and items (you'll note that most of the missing ones are either unspaded or ridiculous), but other things like familiars (particularly how they behave in the crown/bjorn) and hats/pants are quite behind. All help is, of course, welcome!

@Magus: Sauceror curse selection should probably be added to SmartStasis as a custom action. How do people generally use their curses? Does anyone use any curses besides Weaksauce?

Attachments

• battest.ash
    2.9 KB · Views: 33

Bale

Minion
I also have updated it once or twice. :)

Naturally. That wasn't even worth mentioning.

For all the aforementioned who care about adding support for things to batfactors -- or particularly for those too lazy to do it -- I've attached a tool (battest.ash) I use to check for things missing from batfactors. You're all good enough coders that I'll simply show rather than tell:

OH! And it produces results with tabs so it should save some effort if I copy/paste it from my session log. Oh wait... I seem to remember that print_html() doesn't print to session log? If so, that's awkward since the \t doesn't print properly to the CLI.

How do people generally use their curses? Does anyone use any curses besides Weaksauce?

I almost never use a curse besides Weaksauce. The only exception is if I am using Curse of Marinara to whittle down a boss monster with ridiculous stats. I can't remember which boss I used that tactic against, but it was a rare thing indeed.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Marinara targets off the top of my head: (old) tower monsters, weirdeaux monsters, kobolds, potentially some lopsided monsters with attack comparable to HP.

xKiv

I sometimes use Vichyssoise, when number of elemental damage sources is important.
I have also used it when I was very low on MP. It can help with, say, wichess ox.

Theraze

I used Marinara when I was early-aftercore pushing basement monsters. It made me able to fight them fairly reliably from level 13 on without needing to actually level up outside the basement, until I'd get my next certificate and could ascend again.
I use Marinara (now) for the wall of meat, because it makes the fight so much more reliable regardless of what equipment or skills are available to me.

Otherwise weaksauce is nice. :)

Magus_Prime

In my last few runs as a Sauceror I've noticed a distinct preference for SmartStasis to use Salsaball while stasising. This often leads to death during stasis. It's SmartStasis performing the action but my guess is that it's a Batbrain/batfactors issue. What information would help to pinpoint the problem?

Magus_Prime

There seems to be something amiss with Batbrain/SmartStasis "understanding" of the Snojo "blood extractor" part. On the first Snojo encounter of the day there was a level one snowman and the only "part" it had was the blood extractor. That part removes HP from the character and adds them to the snowman every round. SmartStasis decided to plink with Spaghetti Spear for seventeen rounds.

Why for SmartStasis to decided to stasis is unknown. There were no drops in play, bacon or otherwise.

Going in to the fight I had full HP and MP as a level 9 Sauceror. I have almost all skills HC permed. I got beaten up.

Last edited:

fxer

Noticed today BB/SmartStasis seems to be casting Release the Boots before using Extract, maybe a priority issue? BB does use Pocket Crumbs before releasing the boots, so I'd assume Extract could be prioritized as well?

Magus_Prime

I just noticed that there's a comment from Batbrain at the beginning of a fight when the Snojo monster has a certain part: "Unsupported snowball: damincreaser". What information is needed to assist Batbrain in handling the part?

Thanks.

I'm not sure whether you give BatBrain this sort of info directly or it gets it from Mafia, but it needs to be told that the Blue Oyster Cultist has 75% elemental resistance.

Bale

Minion
It gets that information from KoLmafa using the function elemental_resistance(). Report as this as new content in the bug report forum along with your data.

zarqon

Unless I'm quite mistaken, I believe it gets that information from batfactors, which, to reiterate for everyone's benefit, is publicly editable on the Map Manager.

AlbinoRhino

Unless I'm quite mistaken, I believe it gets that information from batfactors, which, to reiterate for everyone's benefit, is publicly editable on the Map Manager.

Are the data fields in that file explained anywhere ? Some of them are obvious, others less so. I've looked at it fairly often, but still have never puzzled it all out.

Bale

Minion

I believe you are mistaken. At one time elemental and physical resistance was in batfactors, but once that feature was added to KoLmafia you were glad to pull a lot of information out of batfactors. At least that is what I remember.

Magus_Prime

Against L & T cow monsters the cow poker combat item is single use in a given combat. It is marked as "once" in batfactor but Batbrain doesn't seem to respect that.

Last edited: