Page 211 of 212 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2112

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Question. The blazing bat (1210) is onlyhurtby <element> (in this case, onlyhurtby cold) else it takes 2 damage or less. Additionally, it's immune to weapons, both in skills and regular attacks. So how should the batfactors line be set? It doesn't appear that there's currently a good way to mark this, as onlyhurtby works with clubs, pottery, and healing currently.

When manually throwing some frozen chunks of ice, it fell quickly, pierced to the quick, but it would be nice to not have an unknown quantity of failure happening before I note its lack of automation.

Question. The blazing bat (1210) is onlyhurtby <element> (in this case, onlyhurtby cold) else it takes 2 damage or less. Additionally, it's immune to weapons, both in skills and regular attacks. So how should the batfactors line be set? It doesn't appear that there's currently a good way to mark this, as onlyhurtby works with clubs, pottery, and healing currently.

When manually throwing some frozen chunks of ice, it fell quickly, pierced to the quick, but it would be nice to not have an unknown quantity of failure happening before I note its lack of automation.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    Just mark it as 100% resistant (1) to physical (none) and the other non-cold elements. I believe the rest comes from it being cold aligned which mafia tracks. Cold aligned doubles some of the 1 damage to 2 for the two elements it is weak too.

Well, I tried this but it didn't appear to be entirely successful.
    Code:
    monster	1210	blazing bat	0	0	res 1.0 none,hot,spooky,sleaze,stench
    > SimpleSmack queueing... (Monster HP: 510, base profit 0)
    > &rarr; Action 1: skill 4023
    > &rarr; Outcome: You win!
    Round 1: Theraze executes a macro!
    Round 1: Theraze casts K?SESOSSESTURM!
    Round 2: blazing bat takes 2 damage.
    Might need something to reload. We'll see if the next character works better, or if we need to say there's more than 100% resistance to get it to ignore the elemental type, but...

Physical resistance and hot alignment are handled by mafia in monsters.txt:
    Code:
    blazing bat     1210    firebat.gif     Atk: 200 Def: 180 HP: 500 P: beast E: hot Init: 50 Phys: 100
    I'm unsure about handling the rest. Checking more...

EDIT: I give up. I thought at one point I knew how to do this. Now I can't.
    Last edited by Crowther; 09-08-2017 at 09:48 PM.

It's shifted several times. It used to all be manual in batfactors, but currently it seems it mostly uses monsters or is static coding for dynamic monsters in BatBrain itself.

But yeah. Nothing seems to quite work perfectly anymore for this, so... I mainly just sort through the problems as they hit my random fax sessions.

Maybe
    Code:
    monster	1210	blazing bat	3 spooky,sleaze,stench	0
    That seems to be what it uses for similar cases (e.g Servant of Lord Flameface)

I am guessing it doesn't need none, hot because mafia already knows it is a hot aligned monster with 100% phys res.

Theraze mentioned spells didn't work, so noskills or spellres flags might be helpful.

Spells work, it's weapon skills that (according to the wiki) don't work. So no northern explosion, if the wiki doesn't lie.

I've uploaded this to batfactors:

Code:
    monster	1210	blazing bat	5 none,hot,spooky,stench,sleaze	autohit, dodge 1.0
    which ought to handle everything but the monster's unique attack damage, which has to be hardcoded in BatBrain. I've added the code and it will be in the next update.

I hadn't checked mafia's data, but Crowther is quite right, the physical resistance and default monster element stuff is taken from mafia's data, and information specified in batfactors simply overrides existing data. The "none" above could be omitted (in which case the 5 should become a 4).

EDIT: And r109 adds the blazing bat's attack and makes the "dodge" keyword work for the weapon attacks listed on the Wiki, not just "attack".

It also adds a patch submitted by someone, somewhere, somewhen (search can't seem to find it) for the short calculator, so that it only works vs. pygmies and delevels the correct amount. You can all un-blacklist your short calculators now.
    Last edited by zarqon; 09-09-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Developer

I was wondering about this "onlyhurtby" keyword (since that's not something I remember from the twitch leaks). I imagine that in-game those three cases are all hardcoded in fight.php.

Dodge (well, unhittable(x)) has always worked for weapon-based skills.