disable CCS and use /aa autoadventure?

dirtyharry2

I (thought I have been) using the chat /aa command to switch to various combat macros as autoattacks in my scripts, but on closer look it appears that I have not been - even though the CLI shows the /aa being set/reset, Kolmafia has been using an earlier set (similar) ccs in their stead. This leads to 2 problems:
1. Can I totally disable CCS, and simply set the /aa as I want, and have it used while autoadventuring? How?
2. Inadvertantly using the CCS, I have had the error "You can't hit anything" pop up on occasion (sewerlevelling, but shouldn't be a problem because one char uses toy mercs, and one uses shieldbutt). I understand that there's no way to disable that, and the common answer is "just set up a default CCS that says "attack"", which gets me back to the original problem in that I want to use macros, not CCS;
3. If the answer is "you should just be using CCS" is there an easy way to convert an existing macro to CCS scripting, and/or a tutorial on using consult scripts that I haven't located? The CCS page itself seems largely limited to actions per monster. I'd like to, for example, be able to parse the gremlins for their tool like I can in a macro. Also, isn't a CCS a bunch more server hits than a macro, especially on a stasis fight?

slyz

Developer
Doing "/aa myautoattack" doesn't switch your auto-attack?

1. Setup a CCS that does nothing:
Code:
[ default ]
abort

2. If you are using a CCS that doesn't simply attack, I don't think the "You can't hit anything" message should pop up. Are you sure your Action wasn't set to "Attack with weapon"?

3. You can write a macro in a CCS, but a few things have been changed recently and I'm not sure what Mafia accepts now. I think the best way is to simply copy your macro and add double quotes at the beginning and end of each line.

dirtyharry2

Perfect, thanks. I had apparantly replaced my 'default' with something else, and just setting it to abort works perfectly.

Yes, cli_execute ("chat_clan /aa plinking"); works great for setting autoattack.