Bug - Not A Bug When clicking an effect in Skill Casting tab, Skill Name is set to that skill

Ferdawoon

Again, I am hesitant to call this a bug as it is probably intended for some reason I don't know about, but I would not really call it asking for a feature for it to work another way.

When I go to the Skill Casting tab in Mafia, and click the Active Effects window to shrug something, that skill is set as the "active" in the Skill Name window.
Since I for some reason always assume that this will not happen I tend to re-cast a buff I have just shrugged off. This happen a lot when I shrug an AT song to make room for Ode when overdrinking at the end of each day just to find out I have too many songs active. I shrug one and then click Cast, assuming Ode is still the active buff, and I then end up re-casting the skill I just shrugged.
A bit of a Darwin award-nomination on this, I know, but it seems obvious for me that this should not happen.

Is there a reason for this? Bug or feature?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's a feature. The assumption is that if you click on a buff, it is because you want to increase the duration of it, not shrug it.

I've definitely wanted the opposite of that, now and then, but I think it's as valid an assumption as assuming that you want to get rid of whatever you selected.

Not a bug.

Ferdawoon

Would it be possible/helpful to make the skill active when you left-click, but not when you right-click?

For me this would be extremly helpful as I ususally shrug by rightclicking and not by leftclicking and then the Unaffect button. =D
If it is possible it would be really nice, but I understand that something like this is a bit too much if not many would like the change.