Modern castlefarming script

How come at the beginning of the script, (after buying all the stuff) it asks if I want to over drink? Wouldn't that make it so that I can't adventure? And is the countdown part something new built into KolMafia?(i've been out of the loop for a while now...)

izchak

I have no idea at the moment what the overdrinking warning is caused by, that *shouldn't* happen at the start of the script.
As for the countdowns, thats the code which orders buffs from buffbots. It orders the buffs, and then waits for 1 minute periods before checking if the buff has arrived. I think it tries two buffbots, 15 minutes max for each, and then gives up. At this point, its pretty likely that the buffbots I used to use are no longer reliably online, or their prices have changed. Or both.

I actually haven't used this script since the rollout of NS13, but I'll take a look at it today, from what I hear, theres a few fixes that need to happen, and people are still using this script.

Orinks

Now, when I delete the above lines, I get yet another error.

Unknown variable else line 621

Should I delete this line?

Orinks

Hi,

Just wondering, does the script buy the farming equipment for you? What is the equipment I'll need for these outfits? Or what's the best anyway? It doesn't seem to be switching to it. It instead does buffs, drinks etc and then it says that there was something wrong while farming.

Thanks.

izchak

No, it doesn't create your farming outfit, doing that is up to the user. The script uses custom outfits to decide what to wear, assembling an outfit and deciding what is or isn't optimal would be a whole separate script. A pretty ridiculous one, as its relatively easy to figure out a good outfit.
In fact, the script uses two custom outfits, one for adventuring in (save this as custom outfit 'Castlefarming'), and another custom outfit for rollover (save this as custom outfit 'Nightdress').

As for the script not working for you, I'd need more details in order to fix the problem. What is the message it gives, and what does it print just before the error? IE: what is it trying to do when the error occurs?

I'm not sure what will happen if the script is called without the named custom outfits existing, its possible that would trigger an error and abort the entire script. I wouldn't consider that a bug...

izchak

Testudinata has changed her prices, the old price for Ode now gets a casting of madrigal, which kinda breaks getting ode from her. Script updated to reflect this change in price.

Anne Noise

Been playing around with this script a little bit today, and just had a few notes and observations:

1. Love it.

2. For the BHH turns, why not give the option to use the most economical bounty instead? My farmer is level 25 right now (working on the Level 30 trophies) and she doesn't need the stats or items, she needs the adventures. I tend to run whatever bounty has the least items. I say this because I notice your script ran me through the Goatlet, which is a guaranteed 40 adventures. Just curious!

3. I keep getting stuck in what I think are buff requesting loops. Testudinata never seems to like my requests, and I think it's killing the script. She always takes forever and mostly just doesn't buff with an eventual meat return.

Thank you so much for the script, though - minor nuisances, and some fun code to play around with, haha.

hippymon

Well, as it is now, it is designed to adventure at the highest possible area and will check for each area (duh). This is done so (I believe) because not everyone has access to all areas... But you could change it (for personal use, or public post...) to choose the option with the fewest items/best area.... Or other options.

EDIT: I solved it! :p I came up with this little portion (edited from izchak's fetchLowestBuffs() function) that will choose the bounty option with the fewest required items..

Also, I attached a version of the bountyhunting.ash script which is the same script as Izchak's original.
BUT I included the get_lucre() and an option of choosing the hunt based off of:
fewest items
OR
highest available location

Just for reference this is the portion I came up with:
Code:
	bountyinfo fetchLowestHunt() {
		BountyInfo [int] target;
		target[bountyOptions[2].bountyTarget] = bountyOptions[2];
		target[bountyOptions[1].bountyTarget] = bountyOptions[1];
		target[bountyOptions[0].bountyTarget] = bountyOptions[0];
		int lowest = 100;
		bountyinfo lowesttarget;
		foreach i in target{
			if(i < lowest && can_access_hunt(target[i])){
				lowesttarget = target[i];
				lowest = i;
			}
		}
		return lowesttarget;
	}
	BountyInfo currentBounty = fetchLowestHunt();

Attachments

• bountyhunting.ash
    14 KB · Views: 71

Anne Noise

So I've been playing further with this script the past few weeks, and I've noticed one interesting flaw: when my character has my farming outfit on, and it tries to switch to the same outfit, Mafia gives an error (You already have the outfit MEATFARMER on.) and the script stops. I don't think I know enough about ASH yet to try to solve it, but I figured I'd point it out incase someone else who is, can. Haha.

Froodulous

Is it just me getting an error every time I contract Cunctatitis? Or am I being very stupid and missing something?

Every time I get it, after the fight Kolmafia says:
"Using soft green whatever...
Failed to remove Cunctatitis.

something went wrong while farming!"

Any help?

edit: I think I have sorted it myself by turning off autoremoving malignant status effects in Kolmafia. Makes me think it's an issue with Kolmafia itself rather than the script. Also, I think Testudinata may have changed her prices again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If I recall, KoL broke effect removal shortly after we released 12.7; you'd see exactly that kind of message when you tried to use a soft green remedy.

I intend to release 12.8 in less than a week, but until then, why not try a daily build?

Bale

Minion
[quote author=Veracity link=topic=801.msg10743#msg10743 date=1230429475]
If I recall, KoL broke effect removal shortly after we released 12.7; you'd see exactly that kind of message when you tried to use a soft green remedy.

I intend to release 12.8 in less than a week, but until then, why not try a daily build?
[/quote]

Looking forward to the Post-Crimbo release! Gonna release immediately after Crimbo zones are removed or wait, like a day, so you can include the new underwater zone also?

Bale

Minion
[quote author=dangerpin link=topic=801.msg10762#msg10762 date=1230482237]
I think the plan was to release a few days later to include the new IOTM and such.
[/quote]
I was assuming IotM would be added on the 1st, the same day Crimbo is removed. But Underwater content would probably be added on Friday which is the 2nd. Anyway, just a suggestion and not really very important in the grand scheme of things...

OH! Were you suggesting to wait a few days after that so that the IotM has a chance to get spaded?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. I don't know how complicated the new IOTM will be. If it's just equipment - like another multi-form elemental thingie, as some people think it will be - I can add it as soon as the descids are published on the Wiki, which generally occurs a couple of minutes after the item is first available in Mr. Store. ;)

I'm currently thinking the 2nd. We've got a list of known bugs & desired features that Jason and I are grinding through. If the new Sea zone is added on that day, all the better. In that case, I'll want to add the new monsters and as many of the new items as possible, too, so maybe it will even be the 3rd.

Next weekend at the latest.

arefranked

Sorry if this is considered gravedigging; it was at the top of page 2 and if anyone here could help I'd appreciate it. This script is perfect for me...

It works well only when I turn off the bounty hunting (making the boolean value thing at the top false). I don't know why that is, but the main issue is that after it sends money to the bots and gets some buffs, it says "something went wrong with maintaining the KGE buff levels".

Is this because the script is too old? I'm using the daily build 7227. Or is there something else I'm missing?

Again sorry if this is gravedigging. I appreciate the work you put into this script Izchak!

Last edited: