StDoodle's Hardcore Skill Analysis

Theraze

Control-click and they will. :)

Or shift-click and they'll open in a new window completely.

And hey, since someone else posted on this, and it's not just me double and triple posting (temporarily)... slightly tweaked my Unknown above to colourize known, but non-permed skills. Makes it even easier to plan out what you're going to perm this run, since you can just check to make sure you have at least 3 (or 4, depending on karma bonuses) skills to perm.

Attachments

• relay_Hardcore_Unknown_Skill_Analysis.ash
    8.1 KB · Views: 75

Winterbay

OR middle-click if you've set up your mouse in that way (and don't have a mac I guess, in which case I guess control-click would be option.click as well) :)

StDoodle

Minion
Actually, since there's already a function that handles link-formatting, it shouldn't be too horrible to add new-tab functionality. Off hand though, I can never remember which "target" attribute does new tab under most setups... blank?

Also, I still want to re-write to support caching. Also, to be a bit more robust on parsing the "weird" sections in the wiki (skills grouped together... though having the wiki just not do that would be simpler :p).

I dunno, it's on my list... but I'd want to incorporate Theraze's changes also. Really, since I'm so disappointed in how I wrote this script, I would just ignore it... except it appears to be very popular. Theraze, if you'd like to do a major rewrite, you're welcome to take over and I'll tweak the first page to trigger an update and link to your own thread if you'd like. If not... I'll try to get to this soon.

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, the ASH to HTML side is my most painful at the moment... I'd mostly gotten through trying to add class-selection support and then hit the... "How do I make it cache the selections I've made? Meh." roadblock. Had given each of the classes an on/off checkbox, including none, so that you could display all (default) or any combination of available class info. Everything worked except for having it keep the checks between page loads. :) Y'know, the part where it actually works.

I guess I'm saying that I'm fine with tweaking it, but in terms of stripping that down and starting fresh... I could do it if you really didn't want to, but the HTML code would be an amalgam of various code bits that might make you want to rewrite it immediately anyways. :)

StDoodle

Minion
Ha, fair enough! I'll try to take a look at it this weekend, see what I can come up with. If you have any work-in-progress versions with new (but not quite "working") features I could look at, that'd be nifty too.

StDoodle

Minion
So, I can report progress is being made. I've currently written an entirely new wiki-parser that saves the found info to maps, all the better for manipulating what does and doesn't get displayed. Of course, the display right now is testing-only, and just a list, rather than a table. But progress! :p

StDoodle

Minion
Yeah, I had to choose from two different paradigms; the one I went with is to only show class-specific skills for that class (but show all non-class-specific skills). I've got all of the information necessary parsed, but I'm not completely sure how to display and use it, really. :(

Edit to add: Why the Hell isn't that in the "Mr. Tier" anyway???

Last edited:

zanmatoer

v1.0 is freakin' great, only one issue.

The "Show / Hide Settings" button, it does nothing! Dunno what to post to help you find out why, though. Let me know and I shall!

Also an idea for some more settings-bloat ;)
An option to show only certain tiers/up-to a certain tier. I just used this on a mostly unascended multi, and tiers 6+ are mostly irrelevant to me until I've permed a lot more skills. Just a thought.

StDoodle

Minion
v1.0 is freakin' great, only one issue.

Thanks!

The "Show / Hide Settings" button, it does nothing! Dunno what to post to help you find out why, though. Let me know and I shall!

I've only tested on the latest stable Chrome... lemme know what browser you're using, I'll check it out.

Also an idea for some more settings-bloat ;)
An option to show only certain tiers/up-to a certain tier. I just used this on a mostly unascended multi, and tiers 6+ are mostly irrelevant to me until I've permed a lot more skills. Just a thought.

That shouldn't be too hard... kinda. While these are "mostly" stable, the wiki has had "Tier 1.5" at least in the past. I'm not sure what would work best for the interface on this; maybe an option to show only tiers [under|over] then specify number?

zanmatoer

Thank you :)

I'm using Waterfox (a 64-bit variant of Firefox, which should act the same), and I turned off Greasemonkey to check the effect still happened (it did). I do have some other relay scripts installed too, but I doubt they'd interfere, right?

All that happens is the page shifts down ever so slightly. Weird.

Tier 1.5? That seems... unnecessary. I think your proposal for an option (just a number) showing tiers only under a certain level is perfect. Showing only tiers above a level is probably unnecessary as the "Show Skills I have (P) / Show Skills I have (HP)" option is basically the same. Uhhh- what I mean is that you'd use them for the exact same reason, right?

jbouzanquet

Reminder to myself: look through this script, see if it's easy to add the new skills. Depending on how quickly I win or lose at a Magic draft today, I might have some time to kill.

gncc

this script was not broken by new skills but by changes to the layout of tables on the hardcore skill analysis page at kolwiki. so if you want new skills added to the script, add them to the wiki.

also, ypp fixed the regexp. so it now at least partially works with the new layout:
ypp said:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/stdhsa/code/trunk