Bug - Fixed Guy Made Of Bees Counter Off

maniacpaul

I went to flyer the Bee Guy for the Arena Quest, and said it 5 times and he appeared. I flyered him and 'died', but finished the quest. Since I had uber turns to burn on this run, I went to actually kill him. The problem is that mafia had the turn count off. First time I encountered the mirror, it showed ?? times (sorry don't remember) but it should have been 0 since it should be reset. Second time I encountered it the mafia counter showed 0. It should have been 1. repeat... so when I saw the counter was actually at 3, '(guy made of bees: called 3 times)' i hit it and he appeared.

Looks like a variable needs to be reset if he isn't killed?

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

I just killed him in a similar myself and didn't have this problem with r8905. The only difference from the above was I used a free runaway (flyers and popper) instead of dying.

slyz

Developer
When you win the fight, the guyMadeOfBeesDefeated preference is set to true. Since you can't defeat him twice in an ascension, there isn't any issue.

When you loose (or run away), the counter should stay at 5. At the next mirror gazing though, the preference should be set to one (ChoiceManager.java, line 3336)
PHP:
Preferences.increment( "guyMadeOfBeesCount", 1, 5, true );

A simple way to make sure maniacpaul's problem is avoided would be to add this after line 3317:
PHP:
Preferences.setInteger( "guyMadeOfBeesCount", 0 );

But since the problem shouldn't happen in the first place, I guess something else is going on.

Did you by any chance gaze in the mirror outside of Mafia? If you were playing through the Relay Browser, did the spoiler text say he had been called 4 times before you fought him?

elbie

I consistently experience this issue. The counter does not seem to properly reset if I'm beaten up by the GMoB.

And this is all within KoLmafia. I don't play any turns outside of KoLmafia in the interim.