Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill/CS planner

iTunes should be avoided like the plague, unless you have an iProduct I guess. Horrible, horrible program.
    Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    I guess I'm lucky, because I haven't had one problem with it. ... <knocks on wood>
    --
    The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them think.

This has got to be the worst line of reasoning I've ever heard....
    Originally Posted by bordemstirs View Post
    plus more that I have snipped out.

You and I are just not going to get along, are we? *sigh*

The skill images now appear. Thank you. The skills are color coded for two of three characters but if I am reading it right the script thinks my never ascended character has no skills.

I understand "red", "green", "blue", "black" and "cyan", but I need external information to know what colors #A0A0A0, #00C0E0, and #00FF00 represent. Since the Options section serves as a Legend as well, you might consider a limited, but more friendly way of specifying colors. Personally that is a level of customization that I would be comfortable editing a script to obtain.

I note that mafia observes the file naming convention I described but of all the data files I have, only my scripts also observe the convention. So, if majority usage creates convention I will adopt a script_player.txt naming convention for my futer revisions and efforts.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

OCD_Theraze_Data
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    I hate that one. It should really be OCDdata_Theraze. What the heck was I thinking? My OCD tenancies twitch every time I think about it. It's probably too late to change it now...
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Look for OCDdata.
    If you find it, cool.
    If not, look for OCD_....
    If you find it, write OCDdata.

Henceforth, you will use the new data file and the user can delete the old one.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Y'know... That's pretty awesome idea.

This annoyance is the one thing that was keeping me from getting around to implementing some people's desire to specify their data file. I'll do the two things at the same time and let people optionally specify the <name> part of OCDdata_<name>.

I guess I'm gonna go upgrade OCD in the next day or two to fix that. Thanks Veracity.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

But the big question is, why aren't you running a case conversion on names? Doesn't that matter on some OS's, or does mafia override that behavior? (/me ducks)
    Before you ask, please check the FAQ.
    Veracity: My "humble opinion" trumps your "humble opinion". IMHO.

You and I are just not going to get along, are we? *sigh*
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I see no reason why we can't get along. My attack wasn't at you, necessarily, just at Windows .Zip management.
    The skills are color coded for two of three characters but if I am reading it right the script thinks my never ascended character has no skills.
    Aside from the small handful of skills that are automatically marked HP, isn't that true?
    I understand "red", "green", "blue", "black" and "cyan", but I need external information to know what colors #A0A0A0, #00C0E0, and #00FF00 represent.
    This was just to let you know that #rrggbb colors are also supported; should you choose to use named colors, you're welcome to do so. As for needing to know what those hex values are in the meantime, well... you should have some vague idea of which skills you've permed and can deduce them by looking at the small border around the image.

I think there might be some errors in the way the script is counting skills. My softcore character has 111 ascensions and the script reports 5 hardcore permanent skills and 106 softcore permanent. However, there are actually 111 softcore permanent skills and 5 hardcore permanent. The 5 hardcore are stickers, rainbow gravitation, candy hearts, olfaction & vent rage gland which were all obtained during various softcore runs when another skill was also made softcore permanent.

Chiming in: I prefer commonelement_specificelement as a file naming convention since it groups related data and makes it easier to find information. Digital photographers have long been doing this with filenames.
    Last edited by zarqon; 01-13-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******* (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Me******** (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Aside from the small handful of skills that are automatically marked HP, isn't that true?
    Originally Posted by bordemstirs View Post
    Well, permed certainly but they still have the skills bought which is a important thing in planning what to take (you can't take it if you haven't bought it).