Zeroing out entries in the session log via a script

Winterbay

I have a login script that when I log in makes sure I have 100k at hand (takes it from the closet). This leads to the "Meat Gained:" part of the session log to update with either plus or minus a lot (dependingon what I did last day and how well my store has sold during the night).

Is there any way I can either make the Session Result not update with my closet-tinkering or if not a way to zero out that log before doing anything else?

Said chracter normally automatically runs a farming script directly afterwards and it is difficult to know how much it has made or not during the day when the session result is affected by my login-action.

StDoodle

Minion
Wouldn't an easier solution be to have a daily property that held meat from the start of the day, which you set via ash, which you could compare to at the end of your farming?

Winterbay

Yes... Properties is a good way to go. I think I'll do that. Thanks.

Since Mafia automatically calculates the value of my store when I go there, is it possible to get to that information in anyway? Or do I need to go through every item in the game to see if ti is in my store and then assess its value? (the script dumps a lot of things into the mall automatically and I think potential earnings should be taken into account when assessing the day's farming)

StDoodle

Minion
Heh, was bored, so here's something you can use to create a store snapshot. You'll probably want to tweak it for your purposes, but hopefully this will save a bit of effort.

Attachments

• store_contents.ash
    1.4 KB · Views: 43

Winterbay

Oh thanks a lot :)
I see you used RegEx... not something I've ever managed to grasp yet. It should perhaps be a project sometime...

StDoodle

Minion
There's some decent help on the wiki. Just keep in mind that most special symbols need to be double-escaped (once for mafia's string-handling and once to be a regex control character*). I've gotten to be fairly comfortable with regex in ash, so feel free to shoot me any questions.

* Edit to add: I'm aware this is a simplification. ;)

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

In the wiki's regex building page, one of the links there to help test your regex will let you build it normally and give you a Java version with the extra backslashes. Very handy when you're trying to figure out just how the heck it's supposed to look.

And since you mentioned stores, here's a couple regexes ready to go for mafia. I have have them saved as part of a library file, but they should be very helpful for you:
Code:
string regex_name="([\\w\\d\\s]+)"; //Group matching for a player's name
string regex_id="href=\\\"showplayer\\.php\\?who=(\\d+)\\\"";  //Group matching for a player's ID number
Maybe these should be added to the wiki as examples?

StDoodle

Minion
Don't names have to start with an alphanumeric character? And they can't end in a space? And they're limited to 30 characters? Ie:
Code:
string regex_name = "(\\w[\\w\\d\\s]{0,28}[\\w\\d]{0,1})";
Edit to add: Is the triple-escape needed for quotes? I've done ok with a single-escape.
Edit2: Hrm, that assumes escaping directly in create_matcher(); that may be necessary when saving a string variable. Also, there are a few places where the ID doesn't become a link, so I prefer using:
Code:
string regex_id = "\\(#(\\d+?)\\)";
Also, I think using greedy matching is kinda dangerous, especially if the matcher variable is added on to additional info to build a larger matcher. ;)

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

I have yet to find a name that wasn't surrounded by > and < which are both non-word, non-digit, and non-space. If I'm wrong, point my to an example please! :)

As for the triple backslash for the quote, there was a very good reason, though I can't remember why...

StDoodle

Minion
Clan activity logs follow "<br>" or "<blockquote>" with a player name, then space, then ID in a plain (no html-tag) format. I made a monster of a log parser, so I had to deal with this. Still, when you have the possibility of extra text being checked, I stand by avoiding greedy matching (use those question marks!). :p As for the triple-backslash, I'm guessing my above guess may be the reason, in at least some circumstances.

Edit to add (gar, I need to pause before hitting that button):

I do strongly agree that a library of similar regex patterns of use in KoL would be good to put on the wiki, along with notes on restrictions / use-cases. Sounds like a fun project; thanks for volunteering! ;)

Winterbay

Am I correct in my interpretation if I say that the matcher "\\d{1,9}" matches everythign from 1 to 999999999?

Also: I have today incorporated that script into my login-script. The result tomorrow shall be interesting :)

Theraze

Nope... 1,9 matches everything from 1-9, 11-19, 21-29, 31-39, 41-49, 51-59, 61-69, 71-79, 81-89, 91-99, 111-119, etc...

Note that it's missing the 0. For the matcher you desire, I THINK you want 0,9.

Winterbay

Hmm... My impression from the wiki regexp-entry was that {1,9} would match from 1 to 9 characters of whatever signifier was before it, in this case digits.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
\\d{1,9} will actually match everything from 0 to 999999999. It'll also match stuff like "0000000", which may be an issue. :p

edit: Also, jumping onto the regex discussion bandwagon -- StD, I'm pretty sure that \\w includes all of \\d -- the former should be functionally equivalent to [a-zA-Z0-9_].

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
hee3: garfpuff, dargnabit. Yeah, that name regex should be
Code:
string regex_name = "([a-zA-Z][\\w\\d\\s]{0,28}[\\w\\d]{0,1})";

Once we get all of the bugs out we can move these over to the wiki. ;)

And yes, Winterbay is correct that \\d{1,9} matches any number from 0 to 999999999. But don't forget that a lot of KoL numbers are comma-formatted, so you should probably use:
Code:
string regex_number = "(\\d(?:,?\\d{3}){0,2})"
for most of them (shown to match as a group, remove outer parenthesis otherwise). Also, don't forget that there are some places in KoL (such as mall item quantities in your store) where a quantity of 1 is described by listing the item / etc. without any number whatsoever, so that's even more fun.

Winterbay

And yes, Winterbay is correct that \\d{1,9} matches any number from 0 to 999999999. But don't forget that a lot of KoL numbers are comma-formatted, so you should probably use:
Code:
string regex_number = "(\\d(?:,?\\d{3}){0,2})"
for most of them (shown to match as a group, remove outer parenthesis otherwise). Also, don't forget that there are some places in KoL (such as mall item quantities in your store) where a quantity of 1 is described by listing the item / etc. without any number whatsoever, so that's even more fun.

Thanks. I was mainly trying to work out what the different regexpes in your script did :)
They take some time wrapping your head around but I can see how they can be really useful for parsing of things.

Theraze

Sorry... I did some reg_exp stuff with lua and mud clients, but in that case my string ended up being rather specific in terms of what type of characters were allowed... ([0-9]*) was my standard number match bit. Missed the difference between commas and hyphens. :D