Modified mushroom script to produce 3rd +4th gen crop

Sandiman

@ snooty: I don't mind at all; it certainly explains the number of notifications I've been getting recently! Of course, if random meat donations were to be given to Sandiman, who would I be to complain, right? ;)

@ everyone: I had a hiccup with my file server over the weekend and was unable to run the script on all necessary days. Would someone please let me know if it correctly completes the 16-day cycle?

I'm taking a look at adding extra farming of Knob mushrooms from Mushroom Fields Strategy on the wiki, I'm not entirely sure at the workings but I'll see if I can put up an edited version with those changes here, if that's alright with Sandi? Or if you'd rather make your own

Sandiman

Definitely. My script is by no means optimal; it was sort of a "proof of concept" that got fleshed out and documented. ;-)

If you want to make your own script off my base, go right ahead. Please keep my name on it somewhere, but you'd be the script author. Happy coding!

I think I give up on that project :p I can't quite figure out whether there is any extra farming to be done there, and the mafia plot simulator doesn't go enough days for me to take a good enough visual look at it.

Sandiman

Updated MaxShrooms script

I've updated the MaxShrooms script with the option to pick the entire plot clean if you miss a day. That way you can just run the script every day, and missing one day won't screw things up more than one planting series (as opposed to permanently, which it might have).

Because it's destructive functionality, it is disabled by default. Those who want this behavior should set the PICK_FIELD_ON_MISS variable to true. If left to false, this script will have no change from the last version.

Attachments

• MaxShrooms.ash
    3.8 KB · Views: 320

Thok

Completely unrelated to the above, a suite of simple mafia scripts for growing a basic plot of 8 gloomy black mushrooms. To use, just run each script once on the appropriate day, starting no later than the first Muscle day. Included as a convenient zip file, but as they're short here's the full list for your reading pleasure:

Code:
==> shrooms-day-1 <==
field plant 3 knob mushroom
field plant 6 knoll mushroom
field plant 9 spooky mushroom
==> shrooms-day-3 <==
field plant 3 knob mushroom
field plant 8 knoll mushroom
field plant 9 knob mushroom
field plant 14 knoll mushroom
field plant 16 spooky mushroom
==> shrooms-day-4 <==
field pick 7
field pick 10
==> shrooms-day-6 <==
field pick 6
field pick 7
field pick 10
==> shrooms-day-7 <==
field pick 16
field plant 3 spooky mushroom
field plant 9 spooky mushroom
field plant 16 spooky mushroom
==> shrooms-day-8 <==
field pick 11

For the days that have no corresponding shrooms command, nothing needs to be done.

Attachments

• shrooms-v1.zip
    1 KB · Views: 107

snooty

Yes, I know it's been quite some time since anyone posted in this thread.

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to update Sandiman's MaxShrooms.ash. I've looked at the other options available, and quite frankly his has operated brilliantly until the Degrassi renovations. Sandi hasn't logged in since 2011, so, pretty sure he's not going to make any adjustments. If I were at all competent with .ash, I'd do it myself. If someone could take a look I'd appreciate it. If it's a difficult fix I'm willing to fork over the meats!

Thanks in advance :)

Darzil

Developer
It's just using cli commands. Fluxxdog had reported that Mushroom planting and harvesting still worked post update. Am going to investigate that.

Edit - Looks like it's working fine to me. Sometimes KoL gets into a state where planting no longer works. Try logging out, restarting mafia and logging in again.

Theraze

Just make sure you're using the latest daily build, rather than the release build, since that one will be totally broken in regards to the Knoll and City changes...

Darzil

Developer
Just make sure you're using the latest daily build, rather than the release build, since that one will be totally broken in regards to the Knoll and City changes...

The Knoll changes didn't affect mushrooms at all, other stuff will break without a recent build, but not this.

snooty

Sorry, I must have just not seen the planting report or it didn't print or something. All my shrooms are fine, I just wasn't getting the "spore x planted" etc at the end of breakfast like usual.

Theraze, I have no clue what the difference is between daily or release builds, I get mine from here though http://builds.kolmafia.us/ every day before I start.

Thanks guys :)

Theraze

Release builds are when the number goes up and it ends up on Sourceforge instead. Latest release build is 16.0 and the latest daily build is r12531.