Syntax question with regards to custom combat

juiblex

I'm using a very simple custom combat script in the attempt to figure out which is more profitable, NPZR farming at the castle or leprechaun. Essentially what I'm trying to do is use the dictionary for all rounds except the last one in which case i attack with my weapon (which given my current muscle does kill in one hit, and even if it didn't, i could change that to lts). I scripted a very simple custom combat:

Code:
[ castle in the clouds in the sky ]
1: item dictionary
29: attack with weapon

Due to my ambidextrous funkslinging however, my second hand is using toy mercenaries. What is the syntax for a) specifying explicitly what the second hand is using and b) specifying that the other hand should not use an item at all. Or am I going to actually have to put my programming skills to use and write a real script for this?

Thanks in advance.

macman104

Here is the link for custom combat. It doesn't appear to allow for the throwing two items, however the line that says if two items are not specified, makes it sound like you might be able to. However, I *think* Holatuwol has made it so what you are trying to do is not possible with mafia. I'm not sure however, so....before you invest more time into this, you may want to wait for him to either reply to this thread (no promises he reads all threads though), or send him a pm if you want to catch his attention quicker.

juiblex

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=728.msg3457#msg3457 date=1169791333]
You closet everything that could be used in the other hand.
[/quote]

Ah, thankyou kindly.  I'd vaguely considered that, but having read the manual I thought that [quote author=KolMafia custom combat manual]In the event that the given skill/item cannot be used in the current round due to MP restrictions, or due to lack of items, KoLmafia automatically resorts to "attack".[/quote] would end up kicking in, which for me currently is significantly worse than using the toy mercenaries.  I guess I should have tried it rather than assuming.

Just for future reference though, is there a way of explicitly defining what the second hand is using (assuming i actually wanted to use something there)?  I tried a few things (such as repeating the 1: line, using an AND operator, using a &&, etc) but didn't find anything successful.

Edit: Thanks also for creating what really is such quality software and being so dedicated to maintaining it.  I hope one day to write some things for it that you might consider worth using.

Edit Edit: Also, due to revision 2707 this no longer works in 10.2.

holatuwol

Developer
No, there's no way to explicitly specify the second item. I'm not in love with the idea of huge armies of multi farmers, but one per player doesn't seem terrible, so I've changed things to allow one (1) character to do something akin to stasising a monster out of Ronin.

holatuwol

Developer
No, if the Ronin/hardcore detection worked. Yes, if for some reason it hiccups and thinks you're out of Ronin.