Possible bug

The files download counter doesn't appear to be working fully. I have downloaded some files posted by others, and the counter still says 0 downloads. Not a big deal to me, but I just thought I'd give a heads up.

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=63.msg211#msg211 date=1144618502]
Hmm... Can you point me to the thread?

I don't know of exceptions (i.e. where it doesn't work), but I have seen it work -- haven't noticed it not working anywhere...

But I'll gladly take a look at it and see if I can figure anything out... :)

Thanks for the report!
[/quote]

The most recent one I noticed was Effect to Int (ASH) Posted by Nightmist I downloaded one, and when I returned to download the second one (just a few minutes later...both still said 0 downloads.

Question: when you click the link, IE offers the options of Download, and open. sometimes I just open. Files with .ASH extensions are defined on my computer as an alternate .txt extention so double click opens in my text editor. Open from IE does the same. If you choose open, does it count as a download? That might be where the counter is thrown off. It should count opening the file as a download too.

Forcing a refresh causes the increment to display. navigating away from the post, then coming back while IE is still open, the increment doesn't refresh. This simply means the obvious: my computer is not re-downloading the page when I return to it, but loading it from Temporary Internet Files. It obviously is not a bug in the forums after all. Sorry about that.

A somewhat related Question:
The spell check function does not recognize kolmafia as a word. I can see why, but considering that kolmafia is what these forums is about, I'm wondering if there is any way you could add it to the spell checker's list of words? I don't know if the software gives you that kind of control or not, but it would be nice :)