Page 3 of 545 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Edit: Regarding sugar shields, couldn't you add ", -item sugar shield" to the end of the maximizer line? Or does that fail?
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    I think equip is the keyword you would need. This should work:
    Code:
    cli_execute("maximize hp -equip sugar shield");
    TraFa - Training Familiars the Mafia way! queen_cookie.ash - Get your queen cookies.
    TurTa - Turtle Taming the Mafia way! hatter.ash - Mad Hatter buffs.
    DwaFa - Dwarven Factory puzzle solver.
    Miner - Automated ore mining.

I'm not sure if it's important or not, but I'm a big fan of the commas to split off between the descriptive bits. I was having problems setting outfits and items and so on before I started doing that. Maybe it just hates me or I might have changed something else around the same time. Ah well.

This means that once the drywall axe is available, it will often be used for moxie classes, causing some major trauma.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    I ran into this as well - as a disco bandit, maximize equipped the diamond-studded cane once it came available, and I suddenly couldn't hit anything ; ) I think the idea of constraining to ranged damage is a good one.

@Theraze - note, this script is defined by the author to handle only moxie classes (see the OP)...

Th3y thank you...

True... but -melee will take care of that. And I've been using Rinn's quest scripts to do all 6 classes... I just run the ballroom a bit as muscle/myst to reduce damage taken later. Optimal? Nope. Easy? Quite.

Thanks for the input, theraze. I call the maximize function a ridiculous amount, yes, but because the script makes a RnR legend, I've never encountered the problem with equipping non-ranged weapons. I'll fix that for 0.5. For the moment, I simply recommend autoselling the few weapons which would cause the problem.

And I'm also planning to expand the script into both Mus and Myst classes, but that will take more work, because I really want it to be highly unattended. I'll spin a stable release of 1.0 and post in GD before I do that though.

Edit: I have just completed a 6/1185 run using this script.
    Last edited by bumcheekcity; 10-26-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    My Scripts:
    bumcheekcend.ash Ascension Script || snapshot.ash Character Progress Tracker || rollover.ash Daily Checker || bumrats.ash Relay Override || hccheck.ash Hardcore Checklist

Please submit all bumcheekascend bugs here (can be done without needing a sourceforge account)
    There's pretty much no chance whatsoever of getting a bug fixed or feature request without it being added to sourceforge.

Spinning version 0.5, which automates beer pong, does daily dungeon stuff and makes innaboxen to save (a substantial amount) of turns. This is the version I'm announcing on GD now.
    My Scripts:
    bumcheekcend.ash Ascension Script || snapshot.ash Character Progress Tracker || rollover.ash Daily Checker || bumrats.ash Relay Override || hccheck.ash Hardcore Checklist

Please submit all bumcheekascend bugs here (can be done without needing a sourceforge account)
    There's pretty much no chance whatsoever of getting a bug fixed or feature request without it being added to sourceforge.

running HC no path Disco Bandit. Moonsign Wombat. keeps stopping at the temple step.

Code:
    Ascending     Starting
    Level     1 Starting
    BCC: Switching Familiar for     General Use
    Spleen: 0 Agua: 0 Stick: 0     Token: 0
    Total Spleen: 0
    Conditions     list cleared.
    Condition set: Knob Goblin encryption key
    Knob Goblin     encryption key
    BCC: Let's get the Encryption Key
    Mood     swing complete.
    Maximizing...
    1 combinations checked, best score 5.99
    Need     to Level up a bit to get 7 Moxie
    Conditions list cleared.
    Condition     already met: Substats: 0 / 0 / 0

Request 1 of 40 (Woods: Hidden     Temple) in progress...
    You can't get to that area.

So, ran v0.5 mid-run to see what would happen... (I didn't play or consume yesterday, so this run is toast as far as daycount/turncount anyhow.) The script promptly made a Rock and Roll Legend to supplement my Squeezebox of the Ages -- probably a rare issue (AT with a better accordion), but I'm suggesting the following code change:

Code:
    554: 	if (my_basestat(my_primestat()) > 10 && i_a("Rock and Roll Legend") == 0 && i_a("Squeezebox of the Ages") == 0 && i_a("The Trickster's Trikitixa") == 0) {
    }
    ============================
    It also had trouble yellow raying a hippy -- I'm not sure if it was because of winning initiative or my ccs... (Or some other reason?)

Code:
    [171] Hippy Camp
    Encounter: crusty hippy Vegan chef
    Strategy: N:\KOLmafia_jambosque\ccs\oasis.ccs [default]
    Round 0: jambosque wins initiative!
    (unable to macrofy due to combat filter)
    Unexpected error, debug log printed.

ccs:
    Code:
    [ blur ]
    skill transcendent olfaction
    attack with weapon

[ default ]
    summon pastamancer ghost
    attack with weapon

[ malevolent ]
    skill fearful fettucini

[ neptune ]
    skill entangling noodles
    item anti-anti-antidote, divine can of silly string
    attack with weapon

[ possessed ]
    skill fearful fettucini

[ stuffing ]
    skill fearful fettucini

[ yam golem ]
    skill fearful fettucini
    Edit: BCC already fixed it in the next version... Hooray!
    =========================
    Okay, back to running it!

=========================
    Edit: And wow, I guess I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the Temple? Yeah, some different choices than I would have made manually... Hmm. It would be nice if an available yellow ray would take priority over other stuff... (For example, it prioritized swashbuckling getup over 2nd yellow-raying for the mining gear.)

I definitely like the script, though...it probably saved me 1.5-3 hours of thinking and clicking today.
    Last edited by jambosque; 11-02-2010 at 06:31 PM.

halfvoid: This is caused by your initial moxie not being high enough to be safe [MLofStrongestMonster+4], and the fact that you can't level in the temple. I've fixed that in 0.6.

jambosque: This YOROIDS issue has already been fixed in 0.6. The squeezebox one hasn't come up, so I'll add the code you suggest to sort that.
    My Scripts:

Got stuck looking for a wand today...as far as I can tell, it could be an issue of insufficient meat (3351 meat at the moment -- probably my fault for buying a mushroom plot at a point where the script had stopped... ). My encounter listing has "Ouch! You bump into a door!" 5 times, and the choice adventure was set to "dead mimic".

Edit: yeah, <5k meat was the problem. I auto-sold enough junk, and it worked on the 6th time. Hmm...maybe just by-passing the wand until 5k meat happens to be had? Also, would there be a similar issue with the plus sign @ <1k meat?

Code:
    904:	//Check for a wand. Any wand will do. 
    	if (i_a("aluminum wand") + i_a("ebony wand") + i_a("hexagonal wand") + i_a("marble wand") + i_a("pine wand") == 0) {
    		//Use the plus sign if we have it. Just in case someone's found the oracle but forgotten to use the plus sign.
    		if (i_a("plus sign") > 0) { if (cli_execute("use plus sign")) {} }

//Check for the DoD image. 
    		if (index_of(visit_url("dungeons.php"), "greater.gif") > 0) {
    			//Then we need to check for the plus sign. 
    			if (i_a("plus sign") == 0) {
    				cli_execute("set choiceAdventure451 = 3");
    				bumAdv($location[Greater-Than Sign], "", "items", "1 plus sign", "Getting the Plus Sign");
    			}
    			cli_execute("set choiceAdventure451 = 5");
    			bumAdv($location[Greater-Than Sign], "", "items", "1 choiceadv", "Getting Teleportitis");
    			abort("Woah, man. You got teleportitis. Better stop and adventure to know what the plus sign is!");
    		}
    		//Then we have to get the wand itself.
                    if(my_meat()>5000){
    		         cli_execute("set choiceAdventure25 = 2");
    		         bumAdv($location[Dungeons of Doom], "", "items", "1 dead mimic", "Getting a Dead Mimic");
                    }
    	}
    Hmm...that probably isn't a total fix, since meat could be spent on buffs while looking for it, depending on user mood -- also, haven't looked at bumAdv() yet, so I don't know if that's a better place to check for the condition... Uh, maybe a factor of safety above 5k meat? Or like your insult solution, while loop and 1 adv at a time?

Response edit: Ah sweet, v0.6!!!

YAEdit: Oh, Oracle costs 1k meat, not plus sign...maybe another condition for the teleportitis part?

Code:
    if(my_meat()>1200){ 
       cli_execute("set choiceAdventure451 = 5");
       bumAdv($location[Greater-Than Sign], "", "items", "1 choiceadv", "Getting Teleportitis");
       abort("Woah, man. You got teleportitis. Better stop and adventure to know what the plus sign is!");
    }
    Last edited by jambosque; 11-03-2010 at 10:33 AM.