Page 2 of 534 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Here's the current open_temple() function I'm using. It uses visit_url until you have the sapling.

You can see that before the changes it was only a few lines long. Once KoLmafia features enhanced goal handling for the Spooky Forest it will be short again.

I'm off to school, but I think you can get the needed parts to prevent extra sapling purchases from the function below without me having to edit out all the other stuff.

Code:
    boolean open_temple_aq(){
        if(status contains "Unlocked Hidden Temple") return true;

if(!contains_text(visit_url("woods.php"), "temple.gif")){
            vprint("", 2);
            vprint("Attempting to reveal the hidden temple...", "blue", 2);
            /*
            foreach itm in $items[spooky sapling, Spooky-Gro fertilizer, Spooky Temple map]
                if(!obtain(1, itm, $location[Spooky Forest])){
                    vprint("Unable to find the hidden temple.", -2);
                    sum_end = "You ran out of adventures trying to reveal the Hidden Temple.";
                    bedtime();
                }
            */

if(item_amount($item[spooky sapling]) == 0){            
                while(item_amount($item[spooky sapling]) == 0){
                    if(my_adventures() == 0){
                        bedtime();                
                    }

string page;
                    page = visit_url("adventure.php?snarfblat=15");
                    if(page.contains_text("Arboreal Respite")){
                        visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=502&option=1&choiceform1=Follow+the+old+road");
                        visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=503&option=3&choiceform3=Talk+to+the+hunter");
                        visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=504&option=3&choiceform3=Buy+a+tree+for+100+Meat");
                        visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=504&option=4&choiceform4=Take+your+leave");
                    }
                    else run_combat();
                }
            }

if(item_amount($item[Spooky-Gro fertilizer]) == 0){
                set_property("choiceAdventure502", "3");
                set_property("choiceAdventure506", "2");
                if(!obtain(1, "Spooky-Gro fertilizer", $location[Spooky Forest])){
                    bedtime();
                }
            }

if(item_amount($item[Spooky Temple map]) == 0){
                set_property("choiceAdventure502", "2");
                set_property("choiceAdventure505", "2");
                if(!obtain(1, "tree-holed coin", $location[Spooky Forest])){
                    bedtime();
                }

set_property("choiceAdventure502", "3");
                set_property("choiceAdventure506", "3");
                set_property("choiceAdventure507", "1");            
                if(!obtain(1, "Spooky Temple map", $location[Spooky Forest])){
                    bedtime();
                }
            }

use(1, $item[Spooky Temple map]);
            vprint("Hidden Temple revealed!", "green", 2);

set_property("choiceAdventure502", "1");
            set_property("choiceAdventure503", "1");        

sum[count(sum)] = "You unlocked the Hidden Temple.";
            map_to_file(sum, "aq_daily_" + replace_string(my_name(), " ", "_") + ".txt");
        }

status["Unlocked Hidden Temple"].date = today_to_string();
        status["Unlocked Hidden Temple"].turncount = my_turncount();
        map_to_file(status, "aq_status_" + replace_string(my_name(), " ", "_") + "_" + run + ".txt");        
        return true;
    }
    TraFa - Training Familiars the Mafia way! queen_cookie.ash - Get your queen cookies.
    TurTa - Turtle Taming the Mafia way! hatter.ash - Mad Hatter buffs.
    DwaFa - Dwarven Factory puzzle solver.
    Miner - Automated ore mining.

I'll spin that change into v0.3. Might depend on if it gets changed in Mafia. Version 0.2 released, implementing stuff right up to level 11.

Spun version 0.3, ascending one completely up to Level 13. Goal for 0.4 is to have it fully automate the lair too, as well as move Zarqon's macgiffin.ash into the actual text of the script, importing hiddencity.ash and Wossname.ash. If I can't import them both because of conflicting variable names, I'll import both macgiffin.ash AND Wossname.ash into the text of the script, and only import hiddencity.ash.
    Last edited by bumcheekcity; 10-03-2010 at 10:26 AM.

I get the following error while attempting to run the newest script, after getting all of Zarqon's scripts properly setup;

Bad familiar value: "Knob Goblin Organ Grinder" (bumcheekascend v0.3.ash, line 104)

EDIT: When commenting out all of the familiar equipment changes, it works just fine.
    Last edited by remnant; 10-05-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Developer

Use a recent daily build (r8652 or more).
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Yep. Always use the most recent build. They make you cool. Also, the recent (brilliant!) sewer changes have caused the script to break. Just comment out line 395 as a short-term solution.
    My Scripts:
    bumcheekcend.ash Ascension Script || snapshot.ash Character Progress Tracker || rollover.ash Daily Checker || bumrats.ash Relay Override || hccheck.ash Hardcore Checklist

Please submit all bumcheekascend bugs here (can be done without needing a sourceforge account)
    There's pretty much no chance whatsoever of getting a bug fixed or feature request without it being added to sourceforge.

Spinning version 0.4. This is a massive bugfix release, and I've moved all of Zarqon's Level 11 and some of the Level 12 scripts into this one, and relatively extensively modified them.

There's also basic support for the he-boulder.
    My Scripts:
    bumcheekcend.ash Ascension Script || snapshot.ash Character Progress Tracker || rollover.ash Daily Checker || bumrats.ash Relay Override || hccheck.ash Hardcore Checklist

Please submit all bumcheekascend bugs here (can be done without needing a sourceforge account)
    There's pretty much no chance whatsoever of getting a bug fixed or feature request without it being added to sourceforge.

I've been trying this out and it's pretty studly. A couple of observations:

- The maximize commands keep equipping my sugar shield (and thus burning through it).
    - The item familiar keeps switching to hound even in locations where its +combat ends up penalizing you (Airship, arguably the Ballroom etc.)

-Th3y thank you

The sugar shield thing is kind of a feature. I'm unsure how to deal with it. I'd like the script to automatically equip sugar shirts, particularly day 1 and 2, but that means it equips sugar shields as well.

And good call on the hound thing. I'll make that change for 0.5.
    My Scripts:

Noting a potentially major issue... you're repeatedly calling maximize mox, often with other things attached, but never define what TYPE of weapon to use. This means that once the drywall axe is available, it will often be used for moxie classes, causing some major trauma.

I tend to use the following maximizes for normal adventuring. First for ranged classes, then melee:
    maximize 4 item, 3 meat, 2 moxie, ranged damage, .1 initiative, -melee
    maximize 4 item, 3 meat, 2 muscle, weapon damage, .1 moxie, melee

In general, item drops will speed up farming and missions the most, so if they're available, do that. Meat is nice too, so if there's some wonderful modifier, I'll take it.
    For moxie classes, I want tons of moxie if possible, and ranged damage will help too. Sometimes you get tiny moxie boosts that have major initiative droppers though, and that screws with my pickpocket chances, so I want initiative to be considered, but not much. Finally, but possibly the most important thing, only equip ranged weapons.
    For muscle/myst classes, I want muscle for weapon damage, and if it's all the same, some more damage won't hurt. If there's nothing else to decide between, moxie is good. And be sure you use a melee weapon...

Only real changes throughout characters and ascensions are that turtle tamers (and during digital farming) it usually gets ", 1 hand" thrown on the end there so they have a hand free for their taming rod, and when I hit the upper levels and need an outfit ", outfit swash" gets tossed on there as I decided at some point to use the swashbuckling outfit as a choice that wouldn't screw up my weapons and at least had a tiny bonus to useful stats.

If you ignore the rest of this though, I would like to request that +melee/-melee gets added based on primestat.

Edit: Regarding sugar shields, couldn't you add ", -item sugar shield" to the end of the maximizer line? Or does that fail?

Edit2: Got bored regarding my maximizer line and decided to simplify typing for myself. Now have this "mymax" alias:
    alias mymax => ashq string maxstring; if (my_primestat() == $stat[Moxie]) maxstring = "2 moxie, ranged damage, .1 initiative, -melee, %%"; else maxstring = "2 muscle, weapon damage, .1 moxie, melee, %%"; CLI_Execute("maximize 4 item, 3 meat, " + maxstring);
    Basically, it makes a string named maxstring. If I'm moxie, give me the moxie/ranged/initiative set with a ranged weapon, otherwise give me muscle/weapon/moxie with a melee weapon set. If there's more text given, put it after the weapon selection, so I can set outfits or special requirements. Unless I'm VERY barely passing a safe check for an area, this should provide optimal gear for any circumstance.
    Last edited by Theraze; 10-25-2010 at 11:35 PM.