bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Not a problem, we'll just skip those zones for levelling if we haven't got the organ.

LtA challenge support begun. Basically just skipping familiars, but I need to tell it to ignore the wand as well. Might add auto-running the super villain lair through a preference. Anything else?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not a problem, we'll just skip those zones for levelling if we haven't got the organ.

LtA challenge support begun. Basically just skipping familiars, but I need to tell it to ignore the wand as well. Might add auto-running the super villain lair through a preference. Anything else?

I would consider emitting a warning if BCCA is set to get the steel item in a LtA run.

FWIW, I am manually doing the LtA portion and then running BCCA for the rest. No major complaints about the combination.

Theraze

Okay, BCA should support LtA runs automagically now if you set bcasc_autoVillains to true.
If you set your doors, it will respect your settings. If you haven't set them, it will eliminate 5 fights for 1k meat, and 200 meat per adventure is cheap.
Like with other runs where it can't be used, LtA will skip the steel organ. Personally, I just run bcasc_steel after freeing the king, but... options. :)

Also, LtA made me realize that I'd messed up an auto-wand setting. If we're on a non-wand path, don't clover a wand. Heh.

AmyBonjella

Okay, BCA should support LtA runs automagically now if you set bcasc_autoVillains to true.

Sorry for being a total noob but do I do this by simply entering "set bcasc_autoVillains = true" in the gCLI? Am I then good to go?

Will the script NOT eat my keys on the Door NC?

Thanks

snooty

Thanks for sharing your code! I've never done, and don't intend to do, OCRS, but I'm sure that won't stop Jick from unleashing clingy mobs on us at will. Completely forgot to just let it go and see what happens (library key), but BCA still insists I can't afford the ID (it's like an old friend now!) and apparently has a new hiccup, *maybe*. At the NS fight, 2nd round, BCA stops and also insists I have a trophy. Even when I don't. Even when I did, then bought it, and resumed play the next day. Just like the ID, not a huge deal, just letting you know.

Thanks again for maintaining this for all of us!

Theraze

Sorry for being a total noob but do I do this by simply entering "set bcasc_autoVillains = true" in the gCLI? Am I then good to go?
Yes.

Will the script NOT eat my keys on the Door NC?
Have you configured it to use keys on door NC? If no, then it won't eat your keys. If you haven't configured it, the script will tell it to spend 1000 meat to skip 5 fights, but if you configure it to skip the door choice, it will respect that choice.

Welcome. :)

Thanks for sharing your code! I've never done, and don't intend to do, OCRS, but I'm sure that won't stop Jick from unleashing clingy mobs on us at will. Completely forgot to just let it go and see what happens (library key), but BCA still insists I can't afford the ID (it's like an old friend now!) and apparently has a new hiccup, *maybe*. At the NS fight, 2nd round, BCA stops and also insists I have a trophy. Even when I don't. Even when I did, then bought it, and resumed play the next day. Just like the ID, not a huge deal, just letting you know.

Thanks again for maintaining this for all of us!
If the script says you have a trophy when you've already cleared it, that sounds like your Java is doing some funky caching and is not something I'd ever be able to fix without taking a seat in front of your computer and digging in. :( Unless it has to do with your Java install being something that's less supported, but... Eh. What can you do? *sighs*

snooty

If the script says you have a trophy when you've already cleared it, that sounds like your Java is doing some funky caching and is not something I'd ever be able to fix without taking a seat in front of your computer and digging in. :( Unless it has to do with your Java install being something that's less supported, but... Eh. What can you do? *sighs*

That's a direction I hadn't even though of, so, still helpful! Thank ya kindly :D

Chugsworth

With the advent of autoVillains, I'm realising that I've probably missed a few other functional elements of the modern script. I've had a poke around but I can't seem to find where the variables are actually stored. Is there a straightforward way of taking stock of what I have and have not set, ala bumSeMan, and, if not, could we perhaps revive bumSeMan?

As always, thank you for your frankly amazing work.

Theraze

Since it was recently-ish integrated into mafia, I can now suggest using prefref bcasc_ without needing to explain the alias. :) Ignore the "bcasc_stage_" entries, as those are automatic as you run, but everything else would probably be worth looking at and considering.

louc0

Hello to all. I'm back to the game after a 5 year hiatus and i noticed that BCA now does not use "Moxious Madrigal" in its mood setup, instead using "Moxie of the Mariachi". Is there a reason for that?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i'm ascending in HC LtA path, as an AT.

Last edited:

Theraze

Wild guess, you're above level 7? From the moxie casting section:
Code:
		case $stat[Moxie] :
			if (my_level() < 7) {
				if (have_skill($skill[The Moxious Madrigal]) && my_path() != "BIG!") cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal");

louc0

Wild guess, you're above level 7? From the moxie casting section:
Code:
		case $stat[Moxie] :
			if (my_level() < 7) {
				if (have_skill($skill[The Moxious Madrigal]) && my_path() != "BIG!") cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal");

Yes, level 11 at the moment.

Theraze

Well, there's the reason. :) After level 7, your gear and skills should be enough to make that unnecessary, especially if you're using WHAM or SimpleSmack to take care of your combat.

louc0

Well, there's the reason. :) After level 7, your gear and skills should be enough to make that unnecessary, especially if you're using WHAM or SimpleSmack to take care of your combat.

That makes sense, thank you.

But why the script bothers at all with Moxie of the Mariachi?

Theraze

Well, while 1 moxie and 3 hp are trivial, so is 1 mp. And hey, maybe that will actually help someone...?
But mainly because it wasn't something I wrote. You'd need to ask BCC about that. :)

snooty

Anyone else having GmoB issues? Everything has been fairly fine for the most part with a few hiccups, nothing to major, until today. For some reason, some how, some way, the GmoB is being killed without the use of flyers even though it's in my CCS. I did recently get WHAM, but the last run had 0 problems with the GmoB. If there's a conflict somewhere, how would I even find it?

Theraze

Getting killed how? Regardless of what you're doing, barring you having an autoattack that's messing with combat, it's supposed to use consultGMOB to sort things out automatically... nothing's changed there.

snooty

No auto-attack, default is to consult WHAM, I have an old item flyers, antique hand mirror set up for the GmoB. For some reason it just didn't use the flyers on several toons? It seems to be random, they all have funk, had the flyers, had the mirror etc. Maybe there's a weird glitch between BCA, my CCS, and WHAM? I just don't get the randomness of it though, you'd think it would work or fail equally.