bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

1. Yes. Whomever built the beer pong bit (or borrowed it from Rinn) starts by force-throwing insults in combat.
2. Yes and no, but mostly no. If you are in casual or Myst, there are different rules that trigger. But for the most part, it's going to be your CCS with the script automatically taking care of exceptions that need to happen like flyers, GMoB, insults, etc.

snooty

Unstable fulminate seems to be throwing the script for a loop. It's in inventory, but it won't equip and spends all your turns looking for it. Is this a known issue that's just buried somewhere in the 500+ pages of posts?

Theraze

Nope. The fulminate route works fine, and while I didn't code that part, I've used it.

My guess is what you've done here is run in softcore - aka, equip it yourself - mode, and you failed to do so. If you choose to run this in SC, you have four choices:
1) Set RunSCasHC, which makes the script take care of equipment even if you're in SC or Casual. This is the easiest and best thing if you're going to use the script extensively, since then it just works.
2) Set your own before battle scripts to take of equipment, so that you don't adventure forever looking for the wine bomb, trying to complete surgeonosity, etc. If you choose to have the script be aware you're in SC, this is your best choice, but it's a lot of work.
3) Set values to try to avoid as many of the pitfalls as possible while in SC. This means not setting the cellarWineBomb, etc. It still won't fix surgeonosity and possibly some other required steps. You'll need to manually take care of that.
4) Waste a TON of turns, have it fail continually, and feel sad. This is a bad choice. Don't do this one.

snooty

Dude, number 4 made me lol for real, thanks. Also, I had no idea the runSCasHC setting would take care of that, must not have read the description right, so thanks for that too!

ETA: Ok, which switch do I have to flip now to get the junkyard done? Or does that always have to be done manually?

Last edited:

snooty

svn: E175002: connection refused by the server
Something went wrong while fetching svn directory info

I...don't really know where to put this. I finally figured out that I needed a separate line for each gremlin (last time I ascended, the generic "gremlin" worked just fine with smartstasis.ash. I've never seen an svn error before.

illarion

svn: E175002: connection refused by the server
Something went wrong while fetching svn directory info

I...don't really know where to put this. I finally figured out that I needed a separate line for each gremlin (last time I ascended, the generic "gremlin" worked just fine with smartstasis.ash. I've never seen an svn error before.

This isn't an error with the script, but that SourceForge (which hosts the script) is having issues.

You can work around it temporarily by commenting out any "svn update" lines in the script.

thesandbar

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring things out. I'm trying to get the script to automatically ascend my level 12 sauceror, but whenever it goes into combat, it immediately attempts to basic attack, and that usually ends in a pitiful failure. Do I have to set up a custom combat script for every ascension? Or is there a way for it to automatically figure out how to hit things effectively?

snooty

I'm curious as to why BCA thinks all my toons are poor hobos that can't afford forged ID. Mafia's allow NPC store purchases is set, we have the meats. 500+ pages of posts and I'm definitely not an expert at using the search function in this forum, so, apologies if it's been brought up before. It's not a huge deal, obvs., just a curiosity ^_^

ETA: I forgot to ask earlier, how do I prevent BCA from unequipping my brass bung spigot? The barrel mimic isn't in the list of familiars yet, unless I've missed an update. Also, because probably not enough people say this, thank you, Theraze, for maintaining any part of BCA and answering questions =D

Last edited:

Theraze

1) No clue. Buys it for me. What path?
2) Just edit your familiar data files and then it should stay?
3) Welcome. :)

snooty

1) My bad, normal/standard.
2) Uh, which one exactly? I saw nothing that overtly referred to fam equips unless that's the fam equipmentnc.txt one, which I thought meant noncombat and in either case the mimic's in the number one slot.
3) And I forgot the humor, thanks for the occasional chuckle, too =D

snooty

I looked at it, but "broken for standard etc" is right in the first post. Also, I have no clue how to handle high monster level. I'm more laid back, just want to git 'er done as opposed to balls to the wall speed running. If there's options for lazy ascenders like me I might give it a try next run.

Theraze

1) Will run some ascensions as soon as I remember to ascend early enough in a day. I'll definitely try standard again, but it worked fine for me there before Crimbo. You're using current mafia build, not the nonfunctional stable? (Well, it's stable for a day or week, and then KoL messes up some code again and it's only good for frustration.)
2) The bcs_fam_<whatever> files in your data folder tells BCA what to use, for what circumstances. It will then run them through the maximizer. So if you have told it that you prefer it to use your Barrel Mimic, and the Spigot will make it better for whatever it's maximizing, then BCA won't remove it anymore. Alternatively, define it as a 100% BM run.

Regarding ckb's script, it's definitely better if you're heavy on IOTMs. Personally, I have... none of those. Not a blessed one. I have a Manuel. I have mayo, because someone wanted it in ED and donated one, so I bought it for my other characters. I have a VIP key, because I wanted useless pulls from the Klaw and access to my fax machine I installed years ago. That's it.
And so I need something that works for myself and other premium-lacking players. *shrugs*

But if you have all of the IOTM for ckb, run that. It'll be way faster.

snooty

1) I always use the latest build unless the change is something stupid like fixing a typo. When last I posted it was indeed the most current build.
2) Again, o_O. Is hp/mp restore post battle a maximizer consideration in BCA? That's what the spigot does.

I have *some* of those. Maybe half the skills? That's probably a generous estimate. I'd prefer to be less IotM dependent anyway, that would make doing a standard run much easier. No need to worry about what is/n't "in style".

1) I always use the latest build unless the change is something stupid like fixing a typo. When last I posted it was indeed the most current build.
2) Again, o_O. Is hp/mp restore post battle a maximizer consideration in BCA? That's what the spigot does.

I have *some* of those. Maybe half the skills? That's probably a generous estimate. I'd prefer to be less IotM dependent anyway, that would make doing a standard run much easier. No need to worry about what is/n't "in style".

Do you use Bale's universal recovery? It is the best when it comes to restoring MP/HP

Theraze

1) Okay, will check. You do have enough meat for the purchase? You said you have autoSatisfyWithNPCs on. How about autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters? If you have the problem happen again, check npc_price forged identification documents.
2) Mafia will prefer to have familiars equipped as opposed to not, so if it's the only equipment available to it, it'll use it. If you do have generic gear though, it'll fight you.

UR is the best when it comes to spending meat restoring HP/MP. Familiars that restore it automatically means much lower need for UR in-run, which is why I liked NZPR before we had standard, and the Cocoabo now. They both restore HP/MP and give you some bonus meat randomly.

Theraze

Starting my first gelnoob runs now. Is there any reason (besides absorb options naturally gained along the way) to get the steel organ, since it doesn't actually help directly?

Bale

Minion
Starting my first gelnoob runs now. Is there any reason (besides absorb options naturally gained along the way) to get the steel organ, since it doesn't actually help directly?

Can't think of a reason. After all, you won't be able to eat or drink it. Just a turn sink.