bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Valliant

Code:
[ default ]
skill summon love gnats
skill summon love stinkbug
skill summon love mosquito
skill cowboy kick
skill canhandle
skill beanstorm
skill beanstorm
skill beanstorm

which, when BCC hangs and I go in to the relay browser and click the "Script" button to activate the CCS, will work to kill the monster in question.

Like so:

Code:
[518] Twin Peak
KoLmafia thinks it is round 31 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 32 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: Run_Combat() is using consultMyst.
Mood swing complete.
Restoring MP! Currently at 124 of 138 HP, 105 of 330 MP, current meat: 16067 ... Target MP = 165.
You are currently in a fight.
Purchasing Knob Goblin seltzer (4 @ 80)...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 4, got 0)
Purchasing Knob Goblin seltzer (1 @ 80)...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
You are currently in a fight.
Did not fully restore MP for some reason.
KoLmafia thinks it is round 33 but KoL thinks it is round 1
[B]Round 33: ililili executes a macro![/B]
Round 33: ililili casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 34 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 34: ililili casts SUMMON LOVE STINKBUG!
Round 35: Troll Twins takes 14 damage.
Round 35: You lose 57 hit points
Round 35: ililili casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 36: Troll Twins takes 12 damage.
Round 36: You gain 12 hit points
Round 36: Troll Twins takes 12 damage.
Round 36: ililili casts COWBOY KICK!
Round 37: Troll Twins takes 8 damage.
Round 37: Troll Twins takes 12 damage.
Round 37: ililili casts CANHANDLE!
Round 38: Troll Twins takes 4 damage.
Round 38: You gain 5 Mana Points
Round 38: Troll Twins takes 13 damage.
Round 38: ililili casts BEANSTORM!
Round 39: Troll Twins takes 86 damage.
Round 39: Troll Twins takes 82 damage.
Round 39: Troll Twins takes 12 damage.
Round 39: ililili wins the fight!
You gain 221 Meat
After Battle: Blue does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: troll britches
You acquire an item: dusty barrel
After Battle: You gain 11 Muscleboundness
After Battle: You gain 32 Magicalness
After Battle: You gain 8 Cheek
You gain a Moxie point!

Last edited:

Theraze

Nothing should be different between those. You could try kicking off the combat automation manually.
Fully automated through mafia: ashq run_combat();
Running as per a normal combat in BCA: ashq import <bumcheekascend.ash> bumRunCombat("");

To see what it believes it should be using, you can use the following:
ash import <bumcheekascend.ash> consultMyst(0, last_monster().to_string(), "");

This should return your consult script or valid combat command, like so:
> ash import <bumcheekascend.ash> consultMyst(0, last_monster().to_string(), "");

Returned: consult SimpleSmack.ash
If we're getting irregular results, we may have to hack around that code... or simply wipe it out entirely. I don't think anyone really uses the built-in myst combat code anymore. If you do, speak up! :)

Valliant

Ok, ashq run_combat(); made it work normally, as shown above.

For the other two,

Code:
> ashq import <bumcheekascend.ash> bumRunCombat("");

KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: Run_Combat() is using consultMyst.

Code:
> ash import <bumcheekascend.ash> consultMyst(0, last_monster().to_string(), "");

Returned: skill summon love gnats

Theraze

Which is exactly what run_combat does, so that's just bizarre.

I've tweaked the myst call to hopefully not actually run the special myst code if you've told it to use your CCS instead, which may make it run faster. Passes validation, but I'm not a myst class, so... let me know if this fixes it for you?

Theraze

Awesome. This may resolve some of the other issues people have had where mafia's "grab one line of combat" code does weird things if you have a fancy macro rather than just using a consult script.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
BCCA unconditionally uses Lady Spook's telegram. As of 16852 using something you don't have creates an error state which stops scripts execution. So 16852 "broke" BCCA.

I commented the line out to get BCCA to work with 16852

boolean bcascPantry() {
if (to_int(get_property("lastManorUnlock")) == my_ascensions()) return checkStage("pantry", true);
//visit_url("inv_use.php?which=3&whichitem=7304&pwd&ajax=1");
return true;
}

but it BCCA should probably check before using.

As an aside, I have gotten to the end of at least three runs recently when BCCA had not opened the rest of the Manor but I had done no manual adventuring for the entire run. I will eventually gather data as to why.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yay!

Possibly today I'll finally start running my new challenge runs. Will see what breaks. Yay.

I think I have done 11 HC Standard challenge runs. Problems I remember - there are still a few cases where WHAM can't figure out what to do. I had to turn off moods with the lower skilled character and also burn turns to get meat. A couple times it was ready to open the basement for Lord S and could not. Somehow it failed to do the Lady S quests. (I am 99.44% certain I did not break in and do them manually but .36% uncertainty on an issue I have raised before is enough to make me want to verify before reporting). I think the Tower Contests could be tweaked, but again, I need to be more specific and I am not prepared to do so. Have not tried it for AWOL so if that is the new challenge run you have in mind, Nevermind ;-)

Theraze

Well, I've done at least 35 HC standard runs so far this year. None of the issues that other people have reported regarding getting stuck, besides the bits that I've fixed like the fun house naively making clown belts over and over and over. :)

Yes, it's AWoL that I'm preparing for now. Since we're depending more on mafia's quest tracking, if we get stuck, I expect to start copy-pasting HTML and making reports. But hopefully they've been mostly resolved in the past months.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Anecdotal only.

It finished the War and than gave me a message about needing to start a quest before I can finish it (or maybe visa versa). Investigation showed that the Council thought the Goblin King was alive and so would not tell me about the Tower. I manually dispatched the King and things worked again.

I have no idea why it failed to kill the King or failed to notice that and correct it. That said, I have had several scripts fail to liberate the King because they go the cake route and the range (or funds to purchase it) is not available.

Theraze

Code:
					if (my_buffedstat(my_primestat()) >= 75) {
						bumAdv($location[Throne Room], "+outfit knob goblin elite guard uniform", "meatboss", "", "Killing the Knob King");
						checkStage("knobking", true);
						return true;
					}
and
Code:
				bumAdv($location[Throne Room], "+outfit Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise", "meatboss", "", "Killing the Knob King");
				return true;
It's actually that the boss code is naive and expects you to win. If your CCS sucks, it can mark the boss as done without you actually having completed it. It does check for the cake and only runs the boss fight/marks as complete if you actually have it, so we don't have that problem. It's simply a matter of actually WINNING the boss fight.

Theraze

Then the change I made an hour ago to only set the knobking stage if questL05Goblin is finished should have fixed the bug.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Code:
					if (my_buffedstat(my_primestat()) >= 75) {
						bumAdv($location[Throne Room], "+outfit knob goblin elite guard uniform", "meatboss", "", "Killing the Knob King");
						return true;
					}
and
Code:
				bumAdv($location[Throne Room], "+outfit Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise", "meatboss", "", "Killing the Knob King");
				return true;
It's actually that the boss code is naive and expects you to win. If your CCS sucks, it can mark the boss as done without you actually having completed it. It does check for the cake and only runs the boss fight/marks as complete if you actually have it, so we don't have that problem. It's simply a matter of actually WINNING the boss fight.

Well with a character with every Guild skill hardcore perm'd and using WHAM as a CCS I find it a little implausible that I couldn't win the fight. Regardless, BCCA ideally should be smart enough to recognize whether the fight needed to be done or not. Perhaps this is another instance where BCCA needs to be updated to use the mafia quest tracking?

Edit: So I went and found the session where it thought it was done. Snippet below, but it looks like BCCA was so busy buying restores and making food that it actually forgot to fight. More likely is that it grabbed the perfume, made the food, lost the perfume because crafting took an adventure and never reacted to to the fact that it had undone what it thought it had done.

Code:
> ******************************************************************************************
> ******************************************************************************************
> Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the KoLMafia thread with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Also ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 
> 
> 
> 
> BCC: Ensuring that warnings that you don't have enough stats are disabled.
> ******************
> Ascending Starting
> ******************
> Level 1 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
> BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
> Level 2 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
> BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
> Level 3 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
> BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
> Level 4 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
> BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
> Level 5 Starting
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [knobking].
> BCC: Maximizing ''

maximize 0 beeosity, mainstat 999999999 max, .25 item power, weapon damage, ranged damage, +effective +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, -equip hilarious comedy prop 0.0 random monster modifiers
unequip offhand

equip weapon accord ion

equip off-hand hippy bongo

equip acc1 observational glasses
> BCC: Getting perfumed up for the King
outfit Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise

cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
You acquire an effect: Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation (11)
> Restoring MP! Currently at 104 of 104 HP, 0 of 112 MP, current meat: 2984 ... Target MP = 107.

buy 11 Knob Goblin seltzer for 76 each from The Knob Dispensary
You spent 836 Meat
You acquire Knob Goblin seltzer (11)

use 11 Knob Goblin seltzer
You gain 111 Mojo Points

cast 1 Musk of the Moose
You acquire an effect: Musk of the Moose (10)

cast 6 Moxie of the Mariachi
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (30)

cast 5 Disco Aerobics
You acquire an effect: Disco State of Mind (25)

[298] Cobb's Knob Harem
Encounter: Plucked
You lose 3 hit points
You acquire an effect: Knob Goblin Perfume (1)
> BCC: Preparing Food (Have 0 Reagent Pastas)

[299] Cook 1 scrumptious reagent + 1 hellion cube
You acquire an item: Hell broth
Crafting used 1 each of scrumptious reagent and hellion cube

[300] Cook 1 Hell broth + 1 dry noodles
You acquire an item: Hell ramen
Crafting used 1 each of dry noodles and Hell broth
> BCC: Preparing Booze (Have 0 SCC and 0 ACC)
> BCC: Maximizing '+outfit Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise'

maximize 0 beeosity, mainstat 67 max, .25 item power, weapon damage, ranged damage, +effective +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +outfit Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise -equip hilarious comedy prop 0.0 random monster modifiers
> Checking for familiar 'Knob Goblin Organ Grinder' where x=1
> Checking for familiar 'Frumious Bandersnatch' where x=2
> Checking for familiar 'Smiling Rat' where x=3
> BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax

buy 5 hair spray for 22 each from The General Store
You spent 110 Meat
You acquire hair spray (5)

use 5 hair spray
You acquire an effect: Butt-Rock Hair (15)
> BCC: Killing the Knob King
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 7
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking] and need to set it as so.
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
> BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
> Level 6 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
> BCC: Preparing Food (Have 1 Reagent Pastas)