bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Being able to name multiple familiars the same thing and then do... something... was one of the vague things that came to mind. Presumably some usage case for randomly choosing a familiar from a user-specific set. Most of the specific examples I can think of are already possible by just hard-coding familiars into whatever script you're working with.

Actually much simpler. The first familiar I got was a mosquito. They carry Yellow Fever. So I named it Peggy Lee. When the next one arrived I was too lazy to think of a name, hence Peggy Lee again. Now I have a terrarium full of Peggy Lees. To the best of my knowledge no script has ever failed because of that.

This, too, seems incorrect.
BCC: Maximizing '+outfit filthy hippy disguise'
You need 1 more filthy corduroys to continue.
Unable to wear outfit Filthy Hippy Disguise.

eta: This is particularly incorrect.
[828] The Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: jittery malevolent hair clog
Strategy: C:\Users\Zach\games\kolmafia\ccs\seal clubbing.ccs [default]
Round 0: billybobfred loses initiative!
Round 1: Your foe is struck dumb by Chara's mesmerizing movement-without-movement.
BCC: We are not fighting the GMOB!
Round 1: billybobfred casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
You don't have enough null
You're on your own, partner.

Last edited:
BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but you don't have one (or perhaps are on a 100% run without pumpkins or clipart), so I'm attacking.
You don't have enough null
You're on your own, partner.

I do not, in fact, own a HeBoulder, and neither pumpkins nor clipart are available in Standard. (Nor, for that matter, would be the HeBoulder, if I owned one.)

However, I do have a perfectly serviceable (and Standard-legal) Crimbo Shrub to serve as a disintegrating pal.

Also I'm not sure why your script thinks I need a null to attack with my weapon :v

Yeah. Wonder what you put into your seal clubbing ccs that caused that?

Nothing. My CCS completes fights without a problem when I automate combats through the relay browser.

"You don't have enough null" is an error I only get when running this script. (I'm also getting it in the barrr -- my CCS collects the insults without a problem there, while this script seems to be trying to use the Book of Pirate Insults every single round.)

As for the context of the other problem -- my logs show that this happened immediately after fighting Ed, and when I restarted the script after pulling the outfit, it ran adventures in the Hidden Pyramid, so I'm not sure why it wanted me wearing the filthy hippy disguise.

e: okay, it seems that this error caused it to forget that I had already fought ed when I restarted, so it was actually trying to start the war at the time.
So: Wants to piss off the hippies, has no filthy hippy disguise, repeatedly tries to wear it anyway.

e2: Unrelatedly, the aforementioned error of trying to do Twin Peak noncombat things during the Hallowiener Dog noncombat also happens at A-boo Peak.
e3: .... and with turtle taming.
[406] Twin Peak
Encounter: It Came from Beneath the Sewer? Great!
Submitting option 3 for choice 957
Encounter: It Came from Beneath the Sewer? Great!
Submitting option 1 for choice 957
You acquire an item: irradiated turtle
BCC: Something went wrong while going through the Twin Peak. Please check for yourself.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FWIW when I run BCCA as a Turtle Tamer it will often get confused if a turtle is encountered. Specifically BCCA will abort, I refresh the relay and find I am in a choice to tame a turtle. I manually accept the turtle and restart BCCA and things go fine. This does not happen for every turtle so I figure there are more than one kind of adventure until goal loops and one type of those does not expect the turtle whereas the others don't care. Never bothered me enough to try and narrow things down.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Choice adventures with turtles:

941-946
957-965

These all have a single option, so default.txt says "1" for them

Perhaps there are others which we didn't know about for which we did not set a default.

Seems like you could look in your session log and see exactly which ones those would be.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
grep -i "tame it"

gives me

"Took choice for..."

317/1
322/1
327/1
328/1
329/1
331/1
332/1
333/1
334/1
344/1
439/1
942/1

over about two years of logs.

However, today's pref files for the characters who have ever been TTs have entries of 1 for each of those choices so I don't think I have found a missing encounter.

Multiple matches for "Spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2095) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[1764]Spookyraven library key]
$item[[7302]Spookyraven library key]
Multiple matches for "Spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2125) Clarify by using one of:
Multiple matches for ""I Love Me\, Vol. I""; using "[7262]"I Love Me\, Vol. I"". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 5239) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[2258]"I Love Me, Vol. I"]
$item[[7262]"I Love Me, Vol. I"]
Multiple matches for ""I Love Me\, Vol. I""; using "[7262]"I Love Me\, Vol. I"". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 5246) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[2258]"I Love Me, Vol. I"]
$item[[7262]"I Love Me, Vol. I"]
Multiple matches for "Spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 5799) Clarify by using one of:
Multiple matches for "Spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 5805) Clarify by using one of:
Multiple matches for "Spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (bumcheekascend.ash, line 5822) Clarify by using one of:

There's this, also

chapu

How does one change the familiar preferences with the bumcheekascend script? For example, I want the script to use a familiar different than a baby gravy fairy for item drops; how do I fix it?

Theraze

If you want it to be the #1 choice, 1. If you want it just above the baby gravy, 18, and slide BGF to 19 and the DL to 20.

BCC: Going to use clovers to level.
BCC: We have 12 clovers and are using one to level.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.

[541] The Haunted Gallery
Encounter: The ghost of Waldo the Carpathian
Round 0: billybobfred wins initiative!
Round 1: pretty cool guy puts your foe's entire head in its mouth, and your foe doesn't like that one bit.
Round 1: The ghost of Waldo the Carpathian drops 17 attack power.
Round 1: The ghost of Waldo the Carpathian drops 17 defense.
BCC: We have 11 clovers and are using one to level.
You are currently in a fight.

Proton pack ghosts override clover adventures; the script needs to handle that (presumably by busting them).

Theraze

Eh. If I had a proton pack, maybe. Without that, it'll probably function just like semirare adventures that break into other expected ones, and give the user the, uh, opportunity to take some actions.

Da Boogier

Having some trouble with this script. How do I tweak it to use my Rockin' Robin in place of both a Baby Gravy Fairy and a Smiling Rat?

Question: Does this script actively try to use the Book of Pirate Insults against pirates before checking my CCS? Because that would explain why it keeps tripping on the pirates -- my CCS (assembled before I started using this) uses the Book on its own, and you can't use it twice in the same combat.

... Relatedly, is there a "don't handle combat at all and just use my CCS all the time" option I somehow missed?