Page 1 of 544 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Default bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity's Ascension Script 0.55

With special mention and continued thanks to Winterbay for the commitment to the script!

This script just completed a 4/946 ascension! (2012-02-16)

Please note that v0.40 includes some logging of settings and actions into the script. These include:
    - Username
    - Script Settings
    - Everything from api.php?what=status except your password hash, which would be useless but I strip out anyway.

This is bumcheekascend, a semi-automated hardcore ascension script. Its stated intent is to:
    1) Ascend Moxie characters through HCNP ascensions to get karma.
    2) Ascend Muscle and Myst characters mostly, so you can finish off ascensions started with them.

It is NOT a softcore, challenge path or Bad Moon script. If it works for them, fine, but bugs with them will probably remain bugs.

Please use the relay script located here to change settings for your characters.

Recommended CSS
    Code:
    [ blooper ]
    special action
    skill transcendent olfaction
    attack with weapon

[ dairy goat ]
    special action
    attack with weapon

[ default ]
    try to steal an item
    special action
    attack with weapon

[ zombie waltzers ]
    special action
    attack with weapon
    The above is all I need to see me through a 5-day Trendy 100% familiar ascension.

Casual Information
    This script will do a one-day casual, and a future hope is that it will become much better. It is advised to:

1. Set bcasc_defaultCasualAction to "item tattered scrap of paper" or similar.
    2. Set bcasc_doCasualAsHC to "false".
    3. Make a custom outfit called "bumcheekascend" for your ascending. I recommend some +elemental damage and a MP/HP regen element, and importantly a lot of +moxie.
    4. Keep a CCS that uses tatterered scraps (or whatever) against everything, except monsters you know you need to kill. Also ensure you have a sufficient quantity of tattered scraps. There are a couple of areas in the script (tavern for example) where the custom combat which uses bcasc_defaultCasualAction is not used.
    5. Get to level 13 (or at least 12) yourself before running the script. That you'll have to do manually. You might want to hit the council and immediately use the leaflet. Your call.
    6. Manually fax and arrow a lobsterfrogman as you start.
    7. I highly recommend to manually do the Nook (where you require evil eyes). It takes a LONG time to pickpocket them all, and that will be expensive in tattered scraps, so for the sake of a few turns you can save quite a bit of meat.
    8. Getting the keys is your responsibility. I recommend three pieces of jewelery and a PYEC/wand, but take your pick.

Softcore Information
    The script will equip a custom outfit of your choice, if you call it "bumcheekascend". It will use your CCS and a VERY limited amount of pulls. Please note that without the outfit called "bumcheekascend", it'll probably fail VERY badly. Just pull your IOTMs turn 1, put the JuJu mask in the first accessory slot and spend one turn to get the mainstat JuJu buff. The script will pull a limited amount of items, but not many.

Challenge Path Information
    Bees Hate You - There is support for this path.
    Way of the Surprising Fist - This path is supported poorly. If you set your CCS to use drunken baby, drink before adventuring and get the Teachings of the Fists manually, it should work OK.
    Trendy - This path is 100% supported as it's pretty easy to do.
    Avatar of Boris - Limited support. It won't get boris skills for you, and is fairly good in softcore. Hardcore is, to be honest, barely supported. It's going to be rough.
    Bugbear Invasion - Supported
    Zombie Slayer - There have been some tweaks, but like with AoB, it's going to be sketchy at best. Not officially supported.

Testimonials
    An account I'm playing can automate 5-dayers on about a dozen skills, with only a slimeling.
    Originally Posted by darTHdUD (hardcore) 2011-11-15 21:22:02
    Overall, this script is MAGIC. I'm laid up with a broken leg on enough opioid analgesics to make it hard to care enough to manage my ascensions properly myself. This is a perfect stopgap until I'm back to normal. Thanks BCC!
    Originally Posted by brillig View Post
    I got into a fascinating debate with someone in my clan about using mafia. He was discussing the idea that you'll never know how to play the game if all you do is use a third party program to do it, and I ran him over with my car multiple times and then had sex with his girlfriend. I had enough time thanks to bumcheeckcity's ascending script.
    Originally Posted by Erich
    How do I Install this?
    You'll need an up-to-date version of mafia, and then type the following into the CLI:

Code:
    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend
    Last edited by bumcheekcity; 06-01-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added [noparse] tags to prevent url link parsing svn checkout command

This edited in:
    In order for the script to work well you may need some skills. This thread discusses things and even though it's a while since it was posted it's still more or less a good guide to follow:
    http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4963-bumcheekcend-ash-A-zero-setup-semi-automated-ascension-script!&p=48685&viewfull=1#post48685

The if-statement starting at line 211 looks really funky, is that just a way to avoid the guild quest since it is not implemented yet? And in that case wouldn't that mean tha doind the second challenge later on will fail?
    Last edited by Winterbay; 07-29-2012 at 07:52 PM.

I'm not sure where you're up to in terms of checking-status/level etc, but running it on my account (DB, HCO, Lvl6) made me continuously buy spooky saplings to try and complete the quest (which I'd already finished).

edit. yeah - 79 spooky saplings in inventory >.> that's all my HC meat gone, hahaha
    Last edited by infern0; 09-28-2010 at 09:08 AM.

I'm not sure where you're up to in terms of checking-status/level etc, but running it on my account (DB, HCO, Lvl6) made me continuously buy spooky saplings to try and complete the quest (which I'd already finished).

edit. yeah - 79 spooky saplings in inventory >.> that's all my HC meat gone, hahaha
    Originally Posted by infern0 View Post
    Odd. The code as it is written should not do that... What does "ash contains_text(visit_url("woods.php"), "temple.gif")" return if you paste it into the CLI?

Also: The script asumes that you can get the steel margharita and not one of the other steel items. This should perhaps be stated somewhere I guess.

Originally Posted by infern0 View Post
    Known issue with the spooky sapling buying (which MIGHT be a mafia bug, I don't know), but it certainly shouldn't have tried to buy any if you've unlocked the temple.

I mentioned that bug on the goals page in the bug reports, when it was listed as implemented... though I ended up with under 20 saplings. Basically, if you set the choice adventure to sapling, it will just keep buying them over and over forever until the meat runs out completely... While the basic choiceadventure is automatable, it's not implemented very well currently, as it has the infinite money-drain (like that), several mislabels (often says skip adventure when it really means end adventure... only one path is actually a skip adventure), and goals don't implement through the choice system properly.

I guess you could change line 267 to something like
    Code:
    while item_amount(to_item("spooky sampling")<1
         adventure(1,$location[Spooky Forest]);
    in order to avoid that and skip the goal-setting all together.
    Last edited by Winterbay; 09-28-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Scripts are numbered according to their entire amoutn of code and not just snippets...

Developer

Isn't the problem with Mafia not leaving the adventure? What I understand is that Mafia keeps choosing the "buy sapling" option until the choice disappears - is that right? If so, the problem isn't with the script but with Mafia, and should be fixed. You could avoid it by manually navigating the Forest choice adventure though.

EDIT: and by 'manually', I mean by using visit_url() in the script.
    Last edited by slyz; 09-28-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Isn't the problem with Mafia not leaving the adventure? What I understand is that Mafia keeps choosing the "buy sapling" option until the choice disappears - is that right? If so, the problem isn't with the script but with Mafia, and should be fixed. You could avoid it by manually navigating the Forest choice adventure though.

EDIT: and by 'manually', I mean by using visit_url() in the script.
    Originally Posted by slyz View Post
    That might be it yes. I guess you could solve the problem by closeting all meat but what you need for 1 sapling as well that way the option will disappear when you have bought one sapling.

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?49...pooky-Saplings

The problem is not with the ash script. I can only recommend watching the script and/or buying the sapling manually.

With that said, stuff can be sped up by running a couple of fights manually. The knob king, for example with the +7 Mox accessory can be fought at very low moxie if you have divines, but I'm not going to make the script do that. Probably.
    Last edited by bumcheekcity; 09-28-2010 at 05:39 PM.