bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

Huh, also, why's it running away from night stands, wasting adventures? I had 407 muscle, plenty to handle the +100 ML at the time... :confused:
Because BCA is designed to work for everyone, even people without enough skills to kill them at that stage. I changed "consultRunaway" to stop this behavior and fight them, but that's moot now. The whole quests needs to be redone and since running away no longer works, that won't be a problem any more.

illarion

Is anyone else having BCA get stuck like so:?
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_ml on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Baby Bugged Bugbear' where x=1
You can't equip a baby bugged bugbear with your current restrictions.
(repeat ad infinitum)

Yesterday's daily build of Mafia, current BCA from svn - but it's been doing it for a few days. Slow and Steady, which I presume is the problem - there doesn't seem to be any handling for unavailable familiars. (And, no matter what the daily build notes say:
> ashq print(have_familiar($familiar[baby bugged bugbear]));
true

Looks like it needs a case in have_path_familiar to me, at least...

Crowther

Yesterday's daily build of Mafia, current BCA from svn - but it's been doing it for a few days. Slow and Steady, which I presume is the problem - there doesn't seem to be any handling for unavailable familiars.
There was a patch to fix this a few days ago. Is your version of mafia newer than 13998?

illarion

There was a patch to fix this a few days ago. Is your version of mafia newer than 13998?
Yes, which is why I specifically commented on the patch notes. Observed it today - indeed the cut and paste from gCLI above - on 14010, and I've seen it on other dailies since 13998 too.

I fixed it in BCA thusly, but a Mafia fix is more elegant of course:
Code:
boolean have_path_familiar(familiar fam) {
	if(my_path() == "Trendy")
		return have_familiar(fam) && is_trendy(fam);
	[b]if(my_path() == "Slow and Steady")
		return have_familiar(fam) && is_unrestricted(fam);[/b]
	else if(my_path() == "Bees Hate You")
		return have_familiar(fam) && !contains_text(to_lower_case(to_string(fam)), "b");
	else if(my_path() == "Avatar of Boris")
		return false;
	else if(my_path() == "Avatar of Sneaky Pete")
		return false;
	else
		return have_familiar(fam);
}

illarion

That's from the New Content thread. Without more information, it might be harder to figure out why it isn't working for you.

Very happy to provide any information or run any tests which will help - just direct me! :)

Winterbay> no default familiar set (for BCA, I assume you mean?)

Last edited:

Pazleysox

Code:
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: Maximizing 'items'
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_itemsnc on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=4
Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=5
Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=6
Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=7
Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=8
Checking for familiar 'Dancing Frog' where x=9
Checking for familiar 'Grouper Groupie' where x=10
Checking for familiar 'Piano Cat' where x=11
Checking for familiar 'baby gravy fairy' where x=12
Checking for familiar 'Dandy Lion' where x=14
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Using a default stat familiar.
BCC: Need less combat, let's rev our engine!
BCC: Need less combat, Let's get Broody!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Brooding, cast 1 Brood
BCC: Need more items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Of Course It Looks Great, cast 1 Check Hair
You'll need to open the Ballroom

I have opened the Ballroom! I know it's the new quests screwing things up, but is there a way around this?

I ran into the same problem and changed a line in the script:

Original:
Code:
	if (item_amount($item[Spookyraven ballroom key]) == 0 && item_amount($item[Eye of Ed]) == 0) abort("You'll need to open the Ballroom");

Changed:
Code:
	if (item_amount($item[dusty poppet]) == 0 && item_amount($item[Eye of Ed]) == 0) abort("You'll need to open the Ballroom");

Since you need to have opened the ballroom in order for Lady Spookyraven to give you the poppet, this fixed it for me. You just have to go upstairs and click on Lady Spookyraven to receive the 3 toys.

Theraze

Apparently the Palindome quest name is currently broken. I've given it a quick fix and commented out the 'right' name lines, so that we can easily fix it when TPTB notice that there's a quest named "No Quest Name (palindrome)" but for now, at least it shouldn't mark it as done without even unlocking it.

Edit: Also, I've run the 'shortcut' version of the cellar 3 times now with 50-65% item drop bonus. It's been:
1) 20+21+1+~15=57 (didn't get exact counts on final heating, since I was getting the Wine Bomb manually)
2) 13+12+1+10=36
3) 7+32+1+19=59

In no case was it better than doing the 'long' quest at a guaranteed 36-37 adventures. In most cases, it was worse. For people with >100 +item drop, it might be better, but for the low-skill purposes of BCA, I think I'll be coding the guaranteed system instead.

Last edited:

dixmcdix

I'm confused is new SpookyRaven working? I know Black Forest revamp is currently borked. Just curious what (if anything) has been fixed yet.
Planning a couple of ascents on multis so was curious what all I'll need to do by hand.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Theraze

I'm confused is new SpookyRaven working? I know Black Forest revamp is currently borked. Just curious what (if anything) has been fixed yet.
Planning a couple of ascents on multis so was curious what all I'll need to do by hand.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Should be working:
Downstairs - fully done.
Middle - Bedroom. Unlocking Cellar if Ballroom is unlocked.
Cellar - Complete with the 36-37 turn guaranteed NC system through fighting LoSR.

Still needed:
Middle - Gallery and Bathroom. Visiting LaSR to unlock the Ballroom, visiting the Ballroom proper, and LaSR upstairs to unlock the zones.

I'll probably shuffle all of those adventures into the Bedroom section next time I get there. Might even have a character ready, but not sure. :)

dixmcdix

Thanks for the reply Theraze!

I've tried updating my SVN of BCA but it doesn't look like the functions have changed from my older copy (even when I download directly from the svn url). I've also updated Mafia.

Did you make new funcs for the new areas and/or change the whole spookyraven thing in one of the bcs## calls? Just curious. Doing the manor by hand on one of my multis currently. Maybe I'm missing something though!

Your work and continued supporting of this script is awesome and much appreciated! Thank you 100x

snooty

Thanks for the reply Theraze!

I've tried updating my SVN of BCA but it doesn't look like the functions have changed from my older copy (even when I download directly from the svn url). I've also updated Mafia.

Did you make new funcs for the new areas and/or change the whole spookyraven thing in one of the bcs## calls? Just curious. Doing the manor by hand on one of my multis currently. Maybe I'm missing something though!

Your work and continued supporting of this script is awesome and much appreciated! Thank you 100x

This, but, I don't even know what these bcs## calls are to which dix refers. Also had to do SR by hand, and BCA just looped at both the manor and the Palindome.